Best place to farm Proficiency?

Shinjiro120

54 minutes ago, jd4903 said:

I tried to do "My Birth Town" and I get 400 exp in 7 minutes. It is much better in my opinion to do "An imprisoned soul (1)" in the first territory of the game. With weapons at least at level 7 (or it is more difficult) I can do 700 exp in the same temple and at the end with the two strong enemies I summon "Kristoffer" to speed up or last too long. I recommend that, obviously you don't have to use the automatic skills otherwise the "Einherjar" make you do less exp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I tried to do "My Birth Town" and I get 400 exp in 7 minutes. It is much better in my opinion to do "An imprisoned soul (1)" in the first territory of the game. With weapons at least at level 7 (or it is more difficult) I can do 700 exp in the same temple and at the end with the two strong enemies I summon "Kristoffer" to speed up or last too long. I recommend that, obviously you don't have to use the automatic skills otherwise the "Einherjar" make you do less exp.

Yeah, I tried that one and it was really good. Still reeeeeeeeal grindy. If there was NG+... man, what a stupid decision. 

16 minutes ago, jd4903 said:

Nov jist gonna add Very Hard Valkyrie diffkultii

Nah, there's those two difficulties, a very hard ''dungeon'' or something and a chapter~mode of Hilde. And on December there's Lenneth that is the real good stuff.
Maybe they add NG+ or patch some thing later, who know. But so far, not really fun enough for the grind.

Hey guys,

Since I unlocked almost all the trophies except the normal difficulty one (and Proficiency one of course ?), I've been investigating to find the best spot to farm weapons proficiency. I was expecting to find the precious nugget here but I see you're struggling too with this nonsense trophy lol

The best way I've found so far is to do the subquest "An imprisoned soul (2)" (Galdban Territory). The mission isn't that hard and if you use your einherjars, you can complete it in around 8 minutes for more or less 1600 proficiency points. Of course, don't use divine arts and disable all einherjar auto-attacks (Valkyrie Screen). 

Hope this helps.
But if anyone finds a more effective method, please share it, this long grind is killing me ?

Edited by ArkoDark

29 minutes ago, ArkoDark said:

Hope this helps.

But if anyone finds a more effective method, please share it, this long grind is killing me 1f605.png

If you want a good method of leveling the staff to SSS, do that subquest and only do (O) + [Square] (the evade and normal attack). Don't do anything else. It gives 4 CP per hit (and this goes up with every enemy hit). Just keep spamming this over and over again. There's no recoil or cooldown. It takes 10-15 minutes to clear the subquest, but you get 2500 CP per run.

Edited by Shemhazat

17 hours ago, Shemhazat said:

If you want a good method of leveling the staff to SSS, do that subquest and only do (O) + [Square] (the evade and normal attack). Don't do anything else. It gives 4 CP per hit (and this goes up with every enemy hit). Just keep spamming this over and over again. There's no recoil or cooldown. It takes 10-15 minutes to clear the subquest, but you get 2500 CP per run.

That's the best method for SSS on staff. Is there any method like this for other weapons? 

edit: just checked and Sidgrani is doing 2 CP per hit with O+ Square method, that's a bit worse tho

edit2: square + triangle on Sidgrani is doing 6 CP per hit, but only downfall is it's killing enemies much more quickly

Edited by kamilinhoPL

43 minutes ago, kamilinhoPL said:

That's the best method for SSS on staff. Is there any method like this for other weapons? 

edit: just checked and Sidgrani is doing 2 CP per hit with O+ Square method, that's a bit worse tho

edit2: square + triangle on Sidgrani is doing 6 CP per hit, but only downfall is it's killing enemies much more quickly

Perfect guard+triangle counter+level three soul burst gives between 20-40 CP per combo depending on the weapon.

• Like 1

Here's what I used to farm proficiency with these weapons:

Bolvekr (rapier): dodge + square= 4 points and double jump + square = 8 points. You have to be careful with the double jump combo because the points are awarded on the first hit only, so if you miss the first it's pointless. I was mainly using it against tall ennemies and sometimes I was doing it too fast, and was doing the first hit above the ennemy.

Gagnrath (slashing sword): L2(grip)+triangle = 8 points and you're immune during the combo iirc. Also if you do 3x square + triangle, the last big hit is worth 20 points but it's easily missable.

Baleygr (slow spear) : triangle, or L2 + triangle or double jump + square. They're all worth 10 points, but you have to hit the full combo and it's easily interruptible because the weapon is fucking slow. I hated this weapon so much ?

Sidgrani (staff): L2 + square. Full combo is 14 points, first three hits are 12 points, so it's okay to miss the last hit.

I don't have any specific strategy for Alfodr (basic sword) and Herteith (fast spear) because I used them for the story and they were SSS and SS ranks when I had finished the first two endings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A283403 said:

Bolvekr (rapier): dodge + square= 4 points and double jump + square = 8 points. You have to be careful with the double jump combo because the points are awarded on the first hit only, so if you miss the first it's pointless. I was mainly using it against tall ennemies and sometimes I was doing it too fast, and was doing the first hit above the ennemy.

Was the double jump square move the spinning attack? I think that is double jump + direction + square. If you just double jump and square it's a weird single slash it looks like

42 minutes ago, gdsoccer11 said:

Was the double jump square move the spinning attack? I think that is double jump + direction + square. If you just double jump and square it's a weird single slash it looks like

Yeah, it's the spinning one. I didn't mention the direction because if you don't, it just does the regular air attack. Same for dodge + square, if you don't push the stick in a direction, it does regular attacks.

42 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

it takes ages to get a weapon to SSS

so annoying and grindy

It took around 12-13h to get all of them for me lol. It's funny because doing all other trophies (except hard playthrough which took 4h) took me 20h. So yeah, it feels like old school pointless grind, kind of gives me NieR weapon upgrades ptsd lol. But overall, I think the grind for NieR platinum on ps3 was worse.

It's already been said in this thread but I think the trick to making it go faster is focusing on the various counters and soul bursts. I finished my mission S ranks at 23 hours played and then for some reason I can't remember saved on a new save slot. That new save slot is at 31 hours played and I only need 1 more weapon to max which is at S right now. So in the span of around 8 hours I've been able to max all the weapons. I had nothing at SSS before that point either.

I dunno specific numbers for other weapons because I wasn't really tracking the exact details as I went but my last weapon is Gagnrathr (the greatsword) and for it: a counterattack gives 20 points (though sometimes it gives 22 and I don't know why), a reversal gives 10 points, and a level 3 soul burst gives 60 points. Counterattack may seem hard to pull off but you can execute them while holding guard so if you mess up you'll just get a reversal instead. More importantly though both drop essence (counterattack always gives 3 I am pretty sure) so you can follow up with a soul burst after.

I just do Midgardian Studies 3 because it has a lot of humans, golems, and the various elementals all of which are fairly aggressive and their attacks are easy to counter. When they're mixed in with other enemies I will use them to generate essence and then use the soul burst on the other enemies instead. There are a couple of waves that only have gargoyles, sopps, or the robed wizard dudes. None of those are really counter friendly imo so I'd just focus on taking them down as fast as possible.

Never really experimented with other missions but if there was one that had nothing but enemies that are easily counterable that would probably be the fastest the grind on.

Edited by ZenaxPure

• 1 month later...

For those going for the 100% and still needing this, I am getting crazy proficiency in my Valkyrie mode run. I had the starting sword at SSS before finishing Ch 3 and already have another weapon at B during chapter 4. 

What I intended to be a quick story run is now going to be my weapon farming run too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/11/2022 at 4:19 AM, A283403 said:

Sidgrani (staff): L2 + square. Full combo is 14 points, first three hits are 12 points, so it's okay to miss the last hit.

For anybody else who was having trouble with making this go, you need to hold square (and start off a bit of a distance away) in order for the move to activate. It does seem more efficient than the spamming triangle that I was doing previously, though.