Are they ever fixing team trophies?

Lirtyuib

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Shyshon1792 said:

praying that they bring teams back again since they have brought it back a few times from my knowledge. just praying they do it to hype up skate 4.

Not going to happen. EA are on a PS3 server closing spree right now so they can focus on their PS4 and PS5 games, which means any hope of Skate 2 or 3 coming back are now non-existent.

1 hour ago, Shyshon1792 said:

praying that they bring teams back again since they have brought it back a few times from my knowledge. just praying they do it to hype up skate 4.

There are no plans to bring back Teams. Jeff Braddock, the Skate Community Manager, explained on the Skate Discord that “Team functionality was tied to the skate. Create site that was sunset pre-2016. Unfortunately, there is no plan to bring the site functionality back.”

https://imgur.com/a/nhw0Tau

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 1:28 PM, Needles said:

There are no plans to bring back Teams. Jeff Braddock, the Skate Community Manager, explained on the Skate Discord that “Team functionality was tied to the skate. Create site that was sunset pre-2016. Unfortunately, there is no plan to bring the site functionality back.”

https://imgur.com/a/nhw0Tau

There is a very very very unbelievably slim chance, all team function has been restored for the Xbox360 version, including the ability to create a team which was removed during that pre-2016 sunset. But I should imagine these features stay solely on Xbox, I don't see the PS3 version getting any kind of support as there's no backwards compatibility like the Xbox360 version which was probably the whole reason these were somehow restored. Braddock mentioned there was no plan to bring the site-functionality back. The site still does not exist but the teams are again available so it is clearly possible to have the teams function regardless of the site. I'm not sure how severe the 'shut down' was on Xbox, if it was the same as it was on PS3, but going off a reddit post just 10 months ago, "all Skate 3 teams, whether Playstation or Xbox, have been removed from the game. This will make any team based achievement or trophy unobtainable forever, from today going forward." I can assume it was exactly the same. I did check the Xbox360 version myself (via backwards compatibility) and it is possible to create a team, achievements can also now be earnt again.

TL;DR It is possible for teams to return on PS3 but very very unlikely.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:58 PM, Episanguis said:

There is a very very very unbelievably slim chance, all team function has been restored for the Xbox360 version, including the ability to create a team which was removed during that pre-2016 sunset. But I should imagine these features stay solely on Xbox, I don't see the PS3 version getting any kind of support as there's no backwards compatibility like the Xbox360 version which was probably the whole reason these were somehow restored. Braddock mentioned there was no plan to bring the site-functionality back. The site still does not exist but the teams are again available so it is clearly possible to have the teams function regardless of the site. I'm not sure how severe the 'shut down' was on Xbox, if it was the same as it was on PS3, but going off a reddit post just 10 months ago, "all Skate 3 teams, whether Playstation or Xbox, have been removed from the game. This will make any team based achievement or trophy unobtainable forever, from today going forward." I can assume it was exactly the same. I did check the Xbox360 version myself (via backwards compatibility) and it is possible to create a team, achievements can also now be earnt again.

TL;DR It is possible for teams to return on PS3 but very very unlikely.

I have spoken with EA Jeff Braddock about the Xbox360 Teams function being restored, and he states "the engineers are honestly shocked the Teams are working for Xbox". As @Needlesmentioned previously, it was assumed that due to the skate.create shutdown a TEAMS function fix would not be possible as it required the sister website to correctly run (or to reset the teams, it's not certain), and due to this game being a 'sunset-game' it will not be fixed.
They recently had a data migration and although "nothing else changed after the data migration" this could be the reason the Xbox servers had somehow restored themselves (it was completely unintentional).

"They are looking into it, but there is no guarantee that it will get any type of update/work. Just wanted to be transparent". It is possible they *might* figure out a way fix it, but due to the game being a 'sunset-game' I don't see them going out of their way to fix it if its not easily done.

Hopefully there is another update about it from now, but don't get your hopes up, I will post again if there is any further news!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Did somebody test it on ps3? 

Yeah, if somebody has it, they should test it, cause as of right now it works on the 360, I popped all the team achievements last night. It's finicky and takes serveral attempts... but it works.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leigrez said:

Yeah, if somebody has it, they should test it, cause as of right now it works on the 360, I popped all the team achievements last night. It's finicky and takes serveral attempts... but it works.

I tested it immediately when I discovered the Xbox360 fix, and just a couple hours or so ago once again, but it is not fixed.

Please understand I am not saying that it *is* going to be fixed, just that it could get fixed, and that once I spoke to Braddock about it he spoke to some engineers who are "looking into it" because they themselves were shocked about its function. It might never get fixed, I wouldn't be able to promise anything, but it's a possibility.

• Like 3

As much as it sucks, it's probably for the best. For several years, the only way to join a team was to find an active team and ask to be added to it. When I went for the trophy, there was only one active team left, and the owner charged money via PSN gift cards for access to it. I can't imagine there is enough demand to warrant updating either Skate 2 or 3 at this point (although I'd loooove to have Skate 2 online restored with ranking functionality re-enabled). As @Episanguis mentioned, the Xbox has a much more active online userbase given the backwards compatibility. I'm hoping (although probably very wishful thinking) for a remaster of any of the first 3 games at some point down the line, or at least maps from them available in the upcoming F2P game (provided the game is any good). 

Edited by skotafactor
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, skotafactor said:

As much as it sucks, it's probably for the best. For several years, the only way to join a team was to find an active team and ask to be added to it. When I went for the trophy, there was only one active team left, and the owner charged money via PSN gift cards for access to it. I can't imagine there is enough demand to warrant updating either Skate 2 or 3 at this point (although I'd loooove to have Skate 2 online restored with ranking functionality re-enabled). I'm hoping for a remaster of any of the first 3 games at some point down the line, or at least maps from them available in the upcoming F2P game (provided the game is any good). 

I would love it if we were to get a remaster too, and i really hope the new game is just as good once it finally releases.

For the final year of the teams life (maybe a little longer) it was actually owned by Trozenator, who purchased the team and made it free to all players who wanted the trophies, he had reoccurring sessions every other weekend where people were able to get all the team related trophies in the same night, and hosted them until he was unable to do so. 

I will say though, currently on the Xbox360 version you are also able to create your own teams again so in the chance everything does get sorted to the exact way it has on Xbox, and these trophies once again become attainable, you would be able to do all trophies (bar the 6player trophy) with just a couple people.

Oh, that's awesome. I had no idea that someone had purchased the team. The previous owner was kind of the antithesis of the skate community and my team found him to be a pain to work with. That is a good point on things getting sorted. I'd love for the functionality to come back, if only for more people to be able to get the platinum. I could see them nixing more of the only functionality of the legacy games once the new game launches, but I guess only time will tell. 

Unfortunately there will be no further work done for the PS3 teams.
"I can't say for sure, but reasonably am sure that there will be no more prioritization or work (other than the recent database migration)".

Basically speaking, if it gets fixed it will probably be unintentional, but they will likely not be looking into it from now.

The trophies will obviously then remain unattainable for the PS3 version, Xbox just happened to get super lucky.

• 2 weeks later...