Platinum time trail relics

No easy tricks here. I would recommend this.

For each level:

1. Check platinum relic video
  2. Use slide spin (faster) or triple spin (slower)
  3. Practice, practice and practice

And in terms of consoles -- frame rate affects difficulty a little bit: base PS4 is hardest to play on, then PS4 Pro and PS5 is easiest IMO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain! I went through that hell a couple of months ago! ? My biggest advice is to just keep going, don't give up. I actually stuck with the Triple Spin in all my runs, because I just couldn't get that crazy slide spin-thing to work. So I can confirm that it *is* possible to do it, by only using the slower Triple Spin.

Edit: D'oh, I just gave advice for Nitro Processing! I always confuse the two. I don't have any solid advice for Toxic Tunnels :( Other than the fact that I remember saving a lot of time towards the end, with those "swinging platforms", where I skipped a couple of them, and I think that was what made the difference in the end.

Edited by Maahniac
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice, i will try what you mentioned.. 

I manage normally slide spin then triple spin. Although i prefer triple spin. It is only when you are under pressure with all the moves that you have, your brain can't handle it and you push the wrong one. Double jump, triple spin, slide spin, double jump spin, long jump and long double jump and so on ?. 

I have tho (only) 4 to go so i hope it doesn't take another week! ?

I would recommend that after a full first initial playthrough having fun with it, you do everything in 1 level before moving on. Rather than doing all nverted, then all relics, then all no deaths. That way you can perfect a level much better as it's fresh in your memory. The platinum relics I found the hardest were Rock Blocked (not a hard level, but an excruciatingly unfair time time requirement), Nitro Processing and Seeing Double. The hardest perfect relic for me at least was Crash Landed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I would recommend that after a full first initial playthrough having fun with it, you do everything in 1 level before moving on. Rather than doing all nverted, then all relics, then all no deaths. That way you can perfect a level much better as it's fresh in your memory. The platinum relics I found the hardest were Rock Blocked (not a hard level, but an excruciatingly unfair time time requirement), Nitro Processing and Seeing Double. The hardest perfect relic for me at least was Crash Landed. 

I thought doing the same thing at first, but one push the suffering of doing the same stage over and over again when one needs practice and loses the feel of progressing 

I do agree with rock blocked,, it was hard,, took me forever.. 

And totally agree with crash landed and i must add toxic tunnels for the perfect relic. 

30 minutes ago, Anasthesaint said:

True, i tried it one time and o was way off so i left it. Maybe i am more skilled now and could finish it. 

It is funny how you didn't encourage me with this 4 levels 1f605.png because I know as u do that they are tough.

Nonetheless all the others were also tough too. 

Sorry, I didn't mean that! ? of course you can do it! You have several of the hardest levels behind you. Rock Blocked, Nitro Processing and Crash Landed are harder than Cortex Castle and Seeing Double, for example, so you have a lot of the worst stuff behind you - in my opinion. Toxic Tunnels and Jetboard Jetty are cruel, there's no way around it, but you'll get there if you keep going, I'm sure of it ;)

15 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Sorry, I didn't mean that! 1f605.png of course you can do it! You have several of the hardest levels behind you. Rock Blocked, Nitro Processing and Crash Landed are harder than Cortex Castle and Seeing Double, for example, so you have a lot of the worst stuff behind you - in my opinion. Toxic Tunnels and Jetboard Jetty are cruel, there's no way around it, but you'll get there if you keep going, I'm sure of it ;)

It's ok,, i knew from the start that it will be a suffering. But I didn't think that they will be so hard. 

And thank you for reminding me that i finished the harder ones (i hope ?) like rock blocked and nitro possessing (to be fair, all the others (because almost every one is hard)) 

So yes, i will do it, thanks a lot. 

Wow, just didn't... Took me about 140 hours... Wow.. It was hard. I have now a decent platinum (wonder why it isn't an ultra rare one). 

Funny enough,, cortex castle imo was really easy, the time was so forgiving.. Seeing double was harder but not by much.. My last one was jetboard jetty, i was so worried but it took me about one hour... 

Now i can rest my fingers and my controller.. They deserve a break ??. 

Thanks for all advices.. ? 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi! I just started yesterday the first platinum trials but after an hour I still didn’t get it (I did 54.47 instead of 53.97).

Is it normal? Maybe I’ll have to learn the dynamics and then I could go across the level easier? Or the first level should be earned faster than I’m doing?

Yeah it’s normal. The first level is one of the hardest because of the strict time ( level itself of course is very easy ) . I needed 3 hours in my first platinum time. At the end of the level you can jump on one of the moving platforms above you. Little complicate to explain but even without it’s possible.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Yeah it’s normal. The first level is one of the hardest because of the strict time ( level itself of course is very easy ) . I needed 3 hours in my first platinum time. At the end of the level you can jump on one of the moving platforms above you. Little complicate to explain but even without it’s possible.

Thanks man! That cheered me up and gives me hope! Tomorrow I’ll play again and let’s see.

I’m using the “””method””” of with each level I’ll go with the N.Sane Relics and right after the Platinum trials 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...