Please no more...

JEDLander

I'm just waiting for a 4k / 60fps patch, but maybe I'll give up and just finish it up on the PS4 version.

3 hours ago, JEDLander said:

Afterword: this is a forum of trophy-hunters and completionists for whom the sunk-cost fallacy is tantamount to a philosophy. As such, 'wHy noT jUst sToP pLaYiNg' is not a valuable contribution in any way. I want my 100% bitch. I didn't haul through that entire base game, solo a missile silo and grind through all those other random BS trophies and DLC's just so I can sit at 89% completion.

You've committed yourself to a trophy hunting philosophy of getting all the trophies in a game. That means keeping up with DLC as it releases. If you don't like it, either don't play live service games or change your 'philosophy'.

Trophies are a metric of content and achievements in a game. Of course if a game keeps getting significant expansions, it's going to get more trophies. That's literally how trophies are meant to work. It's not the devs' fault that you've decided to force yourself to play games you don't like for trophies.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JEDLander said:

Afterword: this is a forum of trophy-hunters and completionists for whom the sunk-cost fallacy is tantamount to a philosophy. As such, 'wHy noT jUst sToP pLaYiNg' is not a valuable contribution in any way. I want my 100% bitch. I didn't haul through that entire base game, solo a missile silo and grind through all those other random BS trophies and DLC's just so I can sit at 89% completion.

If you love 76 then great. I hope they keep giving you reason to come back. I just hope they stop releasing trophies so that I can peacefully disembark and never return.

Complaining that you have to play a game that you don't even enjoy just to get it back to 100% is not a valuable contribution either. 

You chose to play the game, you chose to be a completionist, well here's the downside of that mindset. You may get stuck playing a game you don't even like just to get that coveted 100%. 

It appears the DLC has given the game a second wind and there are a lot of players playing it. It's a good thing that a game coming up on 4 years old now is still getting supported and getting new content and wasn't just abandoned and buried which they could've easily done as well like many other games. I didn't particularly enjoy Fallout 76 either but you know, I did what most other folks would do and I stopped playing it. 

Completionists love to wallow in their own self-inflicted grief. A hobby shouldn't be giving you this much misery, but eh, to each their own. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Letenko said:

To address some of your points, the "make a second character for Wastelanders" trophy was understandable as Fallout 4 had trophies for each faction as well, but it was a terrible choice, I agree. Not to mention having to grind reputation.

I liked most of what you said, glad you still enjoy the experience. I would just point out that in Fallout 4 (and the others in the series) you could make a manual save just before any major turning point and you can easily complete the various endgame quests that way

19 hours ago, FeiKra said:

didn't they say fallout 76 will be supported for 5 years? so theres 1 year left where they might add dlc trophies? 

...... fuck.

• Like 3