How does the cheater board work?

Well if you are on the dirty leaderboard, you can hide your hacked trophies to give someone the illusion that they are clean. The premium members can report cheaters if they come across them. Missing timestamps, obtaining the the platinum months/years before the game released and very fast completion are what the community looks for. 

Edited by skateak

Yeah and what's your question? that happens when the staff find out who's cheating and switching accounts

well wasnt a question, just looking for an explanation of how the thing works...

Well if you are on the dirty leaderboard, you can hide your hacked trophies to give someone the illusion that they are clean. The premium members can report cheaters if they come across them. Missing timestamps, obtaining the the platinum months/years before the game released and very fast completion are what the community looks for. 

But still its weird that you can be on both leaderboards?

Aren't missing timestamps not really a sign for cheaters since some people who have them got those trophies before they made their PSN account? I know that that's what happened to me as my first few trophies were unlocked before I officially synced with PSN, hence the missing timestamp.

Or have I been misinformed and didn't know that I was a cheater all this time?

The dirty leaderboard contains both cheaters and non-cheating users.

The clean leaderboard has had all cheaters removed, unless the cheater hides the games he/she hacked.

Aren't missing timestamps not really a sign for cheaters since some people who have them got those trophies before they made their PSN account? I know that that's what happened to me as my first few trophies were unlocked before I officially synced with PSN, hence the missing timestamp.

Missing timestamps are not a sign of being a cheater. You are correct, flash.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

Just wondering cause we can see the top players both on the legit boards and the cheater ones? And when do you count as a cheater and are moved to "the wall of shame" requirements etc... 

If someone has a game with one or two missing time-stamp, that is not a strong indication that the person is cheating or altering their profile, this is why many people who do have missing time-stamp trophies are not put on the dirty leader-board. Now if someone was to have a row of 5 games consisting with 51 trophies each and on each game have like 5 or more missing time-stamps, then probably that is a strong reason enough to report them. 

Edited by supa-bane

Not all do of course, but it is a thing you can look for on top of the other two I listed. 

If someone has a game with one or two missing time-stamp, that is not a strong indication that the person is cheating or altering their profile, this is why many people who do have missing time-stamp trophies are not put on the dirty leader-board. Now if someone was to have a row of 5 games consisting with 51 trophies each and on each game have like 5 or more missing time-stamps, then probably that is a strong reason enough to report them. 

No it isn't.

Missing timestamps can always be 100% legit unless it's on an online only trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

hi sly, i just got myself branded as cheater today. the game's fist of the north star ken's rage 2. i think that becuz of the time stamp isn't right. but, do you know that people easily got misunderstood just because you don't understand what's happening. so let me tell you how i got it.. i lived in indonesia now. not every place in our country have internet access like the west has. i got 3 PS3 units. 2 in my house which has internet access and 1 in my village which  doesn't. when i spent  last x-mas there, if u got time to check my FOTNSK2 you should notice that there's a vacuum of me not playing games from december 17th to january 7th. that's when i went there. i bring along dynasty warriors 8 and fist of the north star 2. i platinumed both during the vacation. but there's no way i can snych them since there's no internet access there. so i just copied the files (luckily they r not restricted) and bring it back to jakarta (my home) and replay them.. that's how i got them. if i may ask, are these considered cheating? what proof do you need to prove my innocent? if u got someone there who really understand how the FOTNSKR2' trophies works you'll understand. and i understand them really good. if u ask me how i got my online trophy? that's simple. i got them when i replay them here.. the trophies pops up is rather unique. u need to experience yourself using your second playthrough.. simple. just play with your account which is not yet synch to the psn using your file from your previous walkthrough on any ps3. or delete your profile and re-create but don't synch just yet. the trophies won't just pop up.. u need to play at least 1 battle to unlock 3 at a time and they are random. i'm no cheater.. so it's very sad to b branded as one of them. if u check my dynasty warriors 8 trophies, u'll find the same issue..

Edited by emissary29