Has no one else been put off by how empty this world is?

PotrikBerger

I’ve really struggled to get started in this game. I wasn’t expecting the open world to be so vastly empty, to have hardly any enemies or to make me feel like I was playing a test version of the game rather than the finished article. On top of all of this it looks absolutely god awful.

Has nobody else found this too? I have no idea what I was expecting,  but it wasn’t this.

7 minutes ago, DarkTwilight999 said:

Sonic is so fast, why would I want a super dense world where I have to stop every second? 

Frankly, I sometimes feel like there's too much stuff lol. Like damn, just let me run instead of doing the mini-challenges that are everywhere. 

Super dense is one thing, I wouldn’t be looking for that extreme either.... but this just feels ridiculously empty to me. It’s not like you can run so fast you can’t see or control sonic. Plus the odd lonely rail in the sky etc....well I just thought it looked awful and a huge amount of empty space to not even do anything. I mean don’t make it dense,  but at least have some enemies about the world.

i don’t really play sonic games, other than the racing one this the only other one I’ve played (or started at least, not sure when I’ll ever return to this) so maybe I just don’t ‘get it’. Wasn’t looking to upset or offend any sonic fans, but to me at least the world looks and feels horrible

6 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

i don’t really play sonic games, other than the racing one this the only other one I’ve played (or started at least, not sure when I’ll ever return to this) so maybe I just don’t ‘get it’. Wasn’t looking to upset or offend any sonic fans, but to me at least the world looks and feels horrible

Sonic 2D games and Sonic 3D games are honestly two different game genres if we're being perfectly honest.

I don't mind the 3D ones, like Sonic Adventure or Sonic Generations.

On the whole I much prefer the 2D platformers though, I guess because I grew up with them and back in the day Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 I thought were so much better than Super Mario World. Certainly the music, style, colours and speed anyway I much preferred.

You should definitely check out Sonic Origins or Sonic Mania.

Edited by enaysoft

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

On the whole I much prefer the 2D platformers though, I guess because I grew up with them and back in the day Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 I thought were so much better than Super Mario World. Certainly the music, style, colours and speed anyway I much preferred.

Me too! Was a master system and mega drive kid lol

And I did like sonic 2 especially as a youngster. Probably that hint of nostalgia is why I bought this, as traditionally I’m not that interested in platformers. But starting frontiers was a bit of shock...just felt unfinished to me as soon as I got out in the world and has really put me off.

but maybe I will check out those other ones you mentioned in the new year. Are they two player? Maybe it’s something I can play with my young sons?

Just now, GAchievements said:

After an hour it is all the same, all 4 main islands are the same apart from a little colour change.

That’s really quite disappointing to hear, I was kind of hoping that maybe it was ‘easing’ players in and once I progressed other worlds would have more enemies etc. If the colour is the biggest difference I think that would just add to my feeling of a game that didn’t have enough time spent on it.

3 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

That’s really quite disappointing to hear, I was kind of hoping that maybe it was ‘easing’ players in and once I progressed other worlds would have more enemies etc. If the colour is the biggest difference I think that would just add to my feeling of a game that didn’t have enough time spent on it.

The enemies are different, but there aren't any more of them. Still only one every 100m or so 

Edited by GAchievements

19 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Sonic 2D games and Sonic 3D games are honestly two different game genres if we're being perfectly honest.

I don't mind the 3D ones, like Sonic Adventure or Sonic Generations.

You should definitely check out Sonic Origins or Sonic Mania.

Sonic Team hasn’t gotten it right in 20 years. 

Enjoyed the Game, but at the End it becomes a little Bit frustrating especially the third world to find the paths to the emeralds.

i couldnt play it the whole time, only 1-2 hours before it becomes to repetetive. Anyway good game but Not perfect. Would say 7/10

Edited by VER7UZ-
  • Like 1