How good is NFS Unbound?

MarcancooL

The servers are still pretty populated and plenty of boosting sessions popping up weekly. I just wrapped up and thought it was pretty obtainable. This is the first NFS that I have been compelled to platinum. I am close to Heat and Most Wanted on PS3, but haven't been motivated to. I recommend it. Gameplay is super fun once you learn how to properly tune the cars and how they control.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2023 at 6:57 AM, CoregBlue said:

Again a letdown Like Heat, Maps repeat in an endless circle, music is absolutely hideous, Lack of Cars, cringe Dialouge.

This, but I also found the cars control poorly, as well. They just...don't feel fun to drive, which is insane for a racing game.

After Forza Horizon "getting it" and having been out for so many years now, there is no excuse for this game to be how it is.

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2023 at 6:30 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

The Full House achievement existing is enough for me to disregard everything else and easily recommend against getting

With new pvp mode this trophy became one of the easiest. Glad they made it that way... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's another Need For Speed game, they're all the same. It's not a franchise that is going to reinvent the wheel and blow you away with something innovative and fresh at this point. They are what they are. You race, collect money, escape cops, buy new cars and parts, rinse and repeat until you beat it. 

No better or worse than any of the past 10 or so NFS's as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

Well, to be honest Unbound is the worst NfS for me since Undercover. I won't even say that's a reskin of Heat, which was a reskin of Payback and that was a reskin of NfS 2015. The gameplay is still the same, but this whole street style and that awful soundtrack is unthinkable how bad it is. But that's just cosmetics. Even the graphics aren't anything special today, considering it was released only on next gen consoles, so you would expect something mindblowing. 

No wonder why Criterion is asking fans what they want, because NfS is hitting rock bottom way too long. We need some revolution in the series like NfS Porsche. Maybe going away from that whole Underground vibe and ridiculous tunning would be a refreshment? Hot Pursuit had fantastic police chases and here police is just annoying. Hot Pursuit 2 remaster was much better than any new NfS.