Dark and Light Balance Trophies.

iChucklez

1 hour ago, iChucklez said:

Is the best strategy just to hit one side and then immediately just start going back the other direction with opposite points, or am I missing an easier way? I've just got to act 3.

It is faster to do the opposite side in NG+.
To get back from a max Balance to the other side, you have to tediously farm generic missions for 1-2 points per mission. 

Act 3 is the last one and there are not enough dialogue opportunities left to get 400 points without farming.

9 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

It is faster to do the opposite side in NG+.
To get back from a max Balance to the other side, you have to tediously farm generic missions for 1-2 points per mission. 

Act 3 is the last one and there are not enough dialogue opportunities left to get 400 points without farming.

Yup, and I was that person who spent too much time tediously building down from 200 dark to get into the light points before starting ng+. When you start ng+ you immediately get reset to zero, so even though I’d actually built up 70 light balance points before starting ng+, I lost them all. Much faster to just go to ng+ and start the 200 points you need from there. From my experience I would advise that once reaching either light or dark in 1st paythrough, don’t waste any time or thought on light balance until ng+

On 12/17/2022 at 0:37 PM, PotrikBerger said:

Yup, and I was that person who spent too much time tediously building down from 200 dark to get into the light points before starting ng+. When you start ng+ you immediately get reset to zero, so even though I’d actually built up 70 light balance points before starting ng+, I lost them all. Much faster to just go to ng+ and start the 200 points you need from there. From my experience I would advise that once reaching either light or dark in 1st paythrough, don’t waste any time or thought on light balance until ng+

How long until you got your 200 again in ng+? Hours?

On 12/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, PotrikBerger said:

When you start ng+ you immediately get reset to zero.

Which is such a shame and makes the game so damn tedious. It is a decent-to-moderately-good tactical game and any chance to play Wolverine and it be fucking awesome, I am absolutely down for and all over that. Just, what is the point of making it fairly easy to get 200 Dark/Light points in the first Chapter and then damn near impossible to earn 400 over the next two? So, I have to play it again just for one trophy? That is not replayability, that is just rude. Cards should have an effect in battle on my Dark/Light balance. The game is better than their Avengers and Spider-Man but overall, bit disappointed. The Dark/Light is my main issue due to there only being two areas in the entire game: the Abbey and the battlefield. It's just.... boring.

40 minutes ago, vividamage123 said:

How long until you got your 200 again in ng+? Hours?

I got to day 25 in ng+ and it popped

7 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Which is such a shame and makes the game so damn tedious. It is a decent-to-moderately-good tactical game and any chance to play Wolverine and it be fucking awesome, I am absolutely down for and all over that. Just, what is the point of making it fairly easy to get 200 Dark/Light points in the first Chapter and then damn near impossible to earn 400 over the next two? So, I have to play it again just for one trophy? That is not replayability, that is just rude. Cards should have an effect in battle on my Dark/Light balance. The game is better than their Avengers and Spider-Man but overall, bit disappointed. The Dark/Light is my main issue due to there only being two areas in the entire game: the Abbey and the battlefield. It's just.... boring.

Yeah I get that frustration. I didn’t mind the grind in this as much as I normally would...but I just really  enjoy card battle system mechanics so will be a bit biased. At least in ng+ you can use all characters right from start so can play with different heroes to the first time. But I get why that’s maybe not enough.

6 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

Yeah I get that frustration. I didn’t mind the grind in this as much as I normally would...but I just really  enjoy card battle system mechanics so will be a bit biased. At least in ng+ you can use all characters right from start so can play with different heroes to the first time. But I get why that’s maybe not enough.

Yeah but your cards, resources, Abbey upgrades, and all customization buys are reset. So you have to rebuild everything when all you wanna do is just rush through it until you get that last trophy, quit, and delete the game. I like card battles and this one had a lot of greatness to it (especially once you upgraded aspects of combat in the Abbey) but it just fell flat. Better than I figured it would be considering it is a Marvel game.

I'm playing on maximum difficulty and I´m doing lot of general missions to advance in the game (3/4 general missions for each history mission)
I got 200 dark in act 1, and Im currently at 155 dark on my way to light in the middle of act 2 (I hope is middle, I just earned Wanda)
I´m possitive that with the remaining dialogues and following this high pace in general missions, can reach the maximum light without having to start an ng+ (I will not do that sh*t) and without needing to farm excesively before the end... Btw I prefer farm 50 or so general missions that start a NG.

Edited by boikot90

12 hours ago, boikot90 said:

I'm playing on maximum difficulty and I´m doing lot of general missions to advance in the game (3/4 general missions for each history mission)
I got 200 dark in act 1, and Im currently at 155 dark on my way to light in the middle of act 2 (I hope is middle, I just earned Wanda)
I´m possitive that with the remaining dialogues and following this high pace in general missions, can reach the maximum light without having to start an ng+ (I will not do that sh*t) and without needing to farm excesively before the end... Btw I prefer farm 50 or so general missions that start a NG.

After a while in Act 2, you start getting fewer and fewer options after general missions for dialogue choices that have Dark/Light choices. And Act 3 is incredibly short, maybe only 5 story missions, IF that.

4 hours ago, Couga83 said:

They do.

I get 1 or 2 points per battle depending on how much light/dark cards I'm able to play.

I would play the heck out of my Light cards, played 15 in a battle once, stretched it the hell out, and didn't earn a single point. I am curious if your collar has an effect.

15 hours ago, SilverBeared said:

Why to rush through last trophy when there were 4 dlc characters with their stories promised? I think it will be enough dialogues in these dlcs to complete opposite side.

True but when you are one trophy away and the Platinum is just sitting there, I rather get it done. I do hope the DLC comes with trophies but it will be interesting to see where the story goes and who gets added. They mention a lot of other Marvel superheroes in not only dialogue but subtle ways like doing C.E.N.T.R.A.L. Ops missions with Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Hunter has a shirt you can buy that says "Magneto was Right".

On 20/12/2022 at 2:08 AM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

True but when you are one trophy away and the Platinum is just sitting there, I rather get it done. I do hope the DLC comes with trophies but it will be interesting to see where the story goes and who gets added. They mention a lot of other Marvel superheroes in not only dialogue but subtle ways like doing C.E.N.T.R.A.L. Ops missions with Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Hunter has a shirt you can buy that says "Magneto was Right".

Storm, Morbius, Venom and Deadpool already confirmed (and can be seen on the season pass cover)

EGS_MarvelsMidnightSunsSeasonPass_Firaxi

Edited by SilverBeared

• 4 weeks later...

So Dark Balance is my last trophy...started New Game +  and have been doing story only missions(except when directed to do general first) and talking to everyone who has a symbol over their head during the day/night grounds sections but still am only at 50 dark energy...my queston is 

Which is faster/better?

Staying the course and doing what i'm doing? (I have a feeling i will get to Ch 3 too quickly and not be able to farm light/dark options)

or

Start doing General missions? I am not sure if doing general missions always allows for light/dark dialog options during the day/night...

• 4 weeks later...

I've hit full Light balance around the middle of Act 2. I did consider starting going for the dark narrative options now, but it sounds like it's going to be too difficult to swing all the way back across. That's a little annoying, but not the end of the world. 

I'm enjoying the game enough that I'll consider getting the Deadpool DLC too. Presumably that kicks in reasonably early in Act 1? Then I can play around with all the characters right from the beginning and have a few other trophies to pick up other than just the dark balance one. 

There's probably a sweet spot where you can make a manual save somewhere in Act 1 after earning a certain amount of dark points, then switch to earning light points. Then you can get the light side trophy in your first playthrough, and then reload the save with at least a few hours saved on the dark side one. Because at the moment, I'm maxed out and just 'wasting' balance points. 

• 2 weeks later...

Someone told me that you can also use the T.H.R.E.A.T. room to get 2 points a day so ideally you could get up to 4 a day between that and missions if you get lucky on cards during missions.  There is a way to manipulate the T.H.R.E.A.T. room to give you all your cards at the start if you use a couple different combat cards, namely Deadpools legendary combat card and I think Wolverines epic Utility Belt.