So what's the RAREST trophy on this site?

KUNIK9

This is just something im just really curious about. im a trophy hunter and this kind of stuff is very interesting to me. The rarest trophy i have is "Master" on Mushroom wars, and 0.19% of the people on this site have it. But is there a way to view the rarest trophies ever? or does anyone know a trophy as rare as "Master"?

This thread has me wondering:

How is a trophy's "difficulty" or rarity determined. Is it by just being extremely difficult, or is it a percentage of owners versus those who have earned the respective trophies...or a little of both?

On the site, or in general? If you mean on the site, difficulty is subjective so I would think it's based on the percent of people with the trophy and everyone who owns the game.

This thread has me wondering:

How is a trophy's "difficulty" or rarity determined. Is it by just being extremely difficult, or is it a percentage of owners versus those who have earned the respective trophies...or a little of both?

It's a percentage of the amount of people that have the trophy by the amount of people that have the game. I think this is a pretty good representation of the percentage of you obtaining the trophy, whether it is because it's hard or boring. :) The only time this percentage is not right is with DLC's because it looks at the people that have the original game not the DLC when it calculates the percentage. That is why so many DLC trophies have a higher rarity.

It's a percentage of the amount of people that have the trophy by the amount of people that have the game. I think this is a pretty good representation of the percentage of you obtaining the trophy, whether it is because it's hard or boring. :) The only time this percentage is not right is with DLC's because it looks at the people that have the original game not the DLC when it calculates the percentage. That is why so many DLC trophies have a higher rarity.

In theory then, a game that is newer or has flown under the radar and has less players could see its trophy "rarity" change as more people purchase it over time and do earn those trophies, correct?

In theory then, a game that is newer or has flown under the radar and has less players could see its trophy "rarity" change as more people purchase it over time and do earn those trophies, correct?

Exactly. It all evens out eventually, and the more realistic percentage shows through after a while.

• 12 years later...