Most annoying trophy ever

Janne_336

I don't know if this will help anyone, but here's how I got this one:

I set up Remote Play on my desktop and had the window open next to whatever I was doing that day. WFH, Netflix, whatever. You could do this with any remote play device. 

I would sit in the lobby and wait for someone to start a playlist. If 4 or 5 people end up joining that playlist, I'll go ahead and hit the join button. If it doesn't hit max 8/8 people, I leave the playlist before the timer finishes counting down.

I found that every lobby will eventually (within ~30 minutes or so) get a "high population" playlist, at least 6 people.  Few playlists ever reach the full 8/8, but there's always one good one.  If the "good" one comes along and it's not a full 8/8, that's when i'll leave the lobby and go through matchmaking again.

Within ~3 hours, I had the trophy.  By luck, I ended up in another 8/8 playlist later that evening.

You could also take this approach while hunting for collectibles in the overworld, but the key for me was to be doing something else entirely.  It was far less frustrating to just be watching Netflix with one eye on the Remote Play screen than to be staring at the game the whole time, begging for more people to join.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 10:46 AM, raithian25 said:

I don't know if this will help anyone, but here's how I got this one:

I set up Remote Play on my desktop and had the window open next to whatever I was doing that day. WFH, Netflix, whatever. You could do this with any remote play device. 

I would sit in the lobby and wait for someone to start a playlist. If 4 or 5 people end up joining that playlist, I'll go ahead and hit the join button. If it doesn't hit max 8/8 people, I leave the playlist before the timer finishes counting down.

I found that every lobby will eventually (within ~30 minutes or so) get a "high population" playlist, at least 6 people.  Few playlists ever reach the full 8/8, but there's always one good one.  If the "good" one comes along and it's not a full 8/8, that's when i'll leave the lobby and go through matchmaking again.

Within ~3 hours, I had the trophy.  By luck, I ended up in another 8/8 playlist later that evening.

You could also take this approach while hunting for collectibles in the overworld, but the key for me was to be doing something else entirely.  It was far less frustrating to just be watching Netflix with one eye on the Remote Play screen than to be staring at the game the whole time, begging for more people to join.

All of this, every single word, is why I despise online games and especially online trophies.

• Like 1

Honestly finding it hard to get a race with even just 2 people, let alone the full 8, with Crossplay on; with it off, I’ve literally sat for over an hour in a lobby with no one starting a race or accepting a proposed race. Don’t know if it’s bad luck or what, but it’s exceptionally frustrating. Wish they had at least given the option to play with bots, so you could at least actually, you know, play.