Teams/Groups?

Bounty, why do we need a news team when we have you? You're already the news team.

even a bigger point...everybody races to be the first to post something new in the ps3 thread...why do we need a team when EVERYBODY does it???

and i think EP and sly should be the only ones running the show...of course they may decide for help, but w/e they want i guess...if sly runs admin himself, it will be all of his decisions, and nobody else, which is GOOD!!!

even a bigger point...everybody races to be the first to post something new in the ps3 thread...why do we need a team when EVERYBODY does it???

and i think EP and sly should be the only ones running the show...of course they may decide for help, but w/e they want i guess...if sly runs admin himself, it will be all of his decisions, and nobody else, which is GOOD!!!

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It's good to have one man running the show, at least for now, anyways. As the site grows Sly might need some help at the admin position, although Sly is like fucking god so he might not need any. :P As the site grows though, I do think we'll need to add another mod or two. For now though, we don't need any more staff.

While I see what you're trying to say, i don't see everyone 'rushing to post the news', as most of the actual news threads are mine.

A lot of members aren't 'dedicated' to looking for the latest news around the web, while some people do it every day.. They're the one's that could make up the team, and by that I mean 1 or 2 guys.

Anyway, while I agree about Sly being admin alone is a good idea right now for the short term, when the site picks itself up and becomes a lot more popular, he may need an 'adviser' to help make some decisions with him. If that's EP's job then fair enough, it's covered.

We'll see what happens.. it's too early for any of that right now though, as Jack said.

While I see what you're trying to say, i don't see everyone 'rushing to post the news', as most of the actual news threads are mine.

A lot of members aren't 'dedicated' to looking for the latest news around the web, while some people do it every day.. They're the one's that could make up the team, and by that I mean 1 or 2 guys.

Anyway, while I agree about Sly being admin alone is a good idea right now for the short term, when the site picks itself up and become a lot more popular, he may need an.. 'adviser' to help make some decisions with him. If that's EP's job then fair enough, it's covered.

We'll see what happens.. it's too early for any of that right now though, as Jack said.

I actually wasn't thinking about this site...I meant some try-hards at ps3t.com who post and then complain when the TLT posts news like they are supposed to...4 people posted the elder scrolls CE before the TLT did...its only causing spam...its a race to first, i dont get it...why does everyone like attention???

EDIT: anyways, my point was it would eventually happen

A lot of you guys are way off the mark when it comes to posting news.

I see a lot of assumptions and flawed logic in this thread, but that's whatever. It's not as simple as copy/pasting from another site, and in reality, it's not something easy to do either. You may think derp they just copy/paste it I could do that I should be news team but most of the time any articles are written from scratch, using idea etc from other sites, as well as official sources and press releases. As Bounty has said at the top of this page it's not a case of just CTRL C + CTRL V.

When you see the "source" at the bottom of a post it's to validate the news article, because otherwise you could come out with any old crap and people would have no way of knowing whether to believe you or not, not because you copied it from them.

I think the idea of having a "team" that is focused on posting news is a good idea, hence why I pushed forward for it to happen on .com (even though Jack seems to think it was his idea), but it's not something that will take 5 minutes out of your day.

There is a lot of news out there, and if you are going to make original articles and try and achieve an overall news coverage (whilst not being paid to do so, investing hours and hours of your time) it's no mean feat. PS3T.org have 3 permanent members of staff employed to do so, and share their articles with X360.org, so if you want an aspiration for a team that is the pinnacle I guess, they report on more or less every scrap of news and provide detailed narrative to accompany it.

Then on the other side of the spectrum was YGC, their news coverage was lackluster to say the least, and they do just copy/paste things. I'm not sure whether they changed this alongside their buyout and re-vamp though.

Bounty is your man, if you were going to go forward with it, and hell I would want him over on the purple team on .com if I could just choose people at the drop of a hat (we are pretty full right now, 4 members is more than there has ever been). He obviously has a keen focus on posting news as he has shown by doing so on both sites.

As you are starting from scratch here though, a good suggestion might be to create a "news forum" and then have a couple of people to moderate that particular forum. They can post their news there but then everyone can write their own news, with the added incentive of people who post a lot in that section to become able to moderate it eventually.

• Like 2

I don't think there should be a review team, in my own opinion it's completely pointless, when i looked at .com's reviews they didn't sway my decisions on games in the least. The reason for this is because take Homefront for example, nearly everybody i know barring a few exceptions hated that game yet i loved it so one persons opinion on a game shouldn't make up your mind for you or influence you in any way as everyone has different tastes in games.

As for trophy teams, i don't really have an opinion on them except i don't feel you should need a team for something i feel 1 or 2 commited people could do themselves.

News teams can be very handy as i really did enjoy the news updates on .com at times, they can provide a lot of useful information on anything PS3 related saving users the bother of going around the internet and raking for it themselves.

All i can say is keep it simple, remember 'less is more' and hopefully then it won't turn into a total break down of communication between everyone here like it has with other sites. I personally think Sly has done an incredible job designing & updating this site constantly and would love to see it flourish in the future.

My view is this: If there's news, do a search to see if someone beat you to it, if they didn't, post it. If it is a dupe thread, they can be merged / deleted.

No need for official bollocks, just post threads. That's how forums are meant to work.