MW3: Stand-alone 2023 release instead of DLC

A report came out from Jason Schrier at Bloomberg that this year instead of getting DLC for MW2 like we were previously told, they stretched that DLC into a standalone game… I’m not subscribed to Bloomberg but got an article off gamespot instead.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/call-of-duty-2023-will-be-a-full-game-connected-to-modern-warfare-report-says/1100-6511385/

it’ll contain some of the same maps and modes from 2022 as well. For a standalone game price tag……

Anyone else thinking “fuck CoD” at this point? The lies and deception from game companies has become too common and regular. I bought this thinking it was going to get full support through this year. Activision then decides to pull the rug out from those like me expecting this, to then ask for a full $70 again. 

I know that CoD hasn’t really done much to innovate, and when they do it’s terrible. I really hope to see another competitor come in and knock them down a peg in the next few years. Another corporate tone deaf move so it’s nothing new, just wanted to share this news and see if anyone has the same thoughts as me. Or maybe like this idea? 

• Like 2

I don't get the appeal for battle royale games. You have to have an organised team with mics to stand a chance.

I did like cod when they innovated with advanced warfare, black ops 3 and infinite warfare though. They had new mechanics and interesting ideas whereas the last few are all exactly the same. You pick up the new one and it feels like you've already played it a million times before. The gameplay is identical 

On 24-2-2023 at 5:07 PM, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

A report came out from Jason Schrier at Bloomberg that this year instead of getting DLC for MW2 like we were previously told, they stretched that DLC into a standalone game… I’m not subscribed to Bloomberg but got an article off gamespot instead.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/call-of-duty-2023-will-be-a-full-game-connected-to-modern-warfare-report-says/1100-6511385/

it’ll contain some of the same maps and modes from 2022 as well. For a standalone game price tag……

Anyone else thinking “fuck CoD” at this point? The lies and deception from game companies has become too common and regular. I bought this thinking it was going to get full support through this year. Activision then decides to pull the rug out from those like me expecting this, to then ask for a full $70 again. 

I know that CoD hasn’t really done much to innovate, and when they do it’s terrible. I really hope to see another competitor come in and knock them down a peg in the next few years. Another corporate tone deaf move so it’s nothing new, just wanted to share this news and see if anyone has the same thoughts as me. Or maybe like this idea? 

If it’s 70$ again for a stand alone dlc that’s just crazy in my opinion if it’s not as big as a new cod game they should at least make it like 40% lower then 70$

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...