Tip for Mutated Odur

Flipendo52

This boss fight is pretty buggy, when he flashes red for the ultimate make sure to dodge forward past him instead of dodging away. The fight soft locked for me twice because if you dodge backwards enough his ultimate bugs out and then he stops moving and becomes invincible. If that happens to you, just quit the game. When you load your save you will be back at the boss door with all your souls intact.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The games a fucking joke. This dev team obviously has no clue what makes a Souls-Like game good. The first boss in the game has 3 health bars, can kill TOU in 2-3 hits and attacks near constantly, from across the fucking arena and barely gives you openings. Deflect doesn’t work, parry doesn’t work, dodge doesn’t work, plague abilities don’t work.

Im astounded at just how god awful this game is. Like Christ, worst Souls-like I’ve played.

To anyone reading this; skip the game, it has no respect for the players and bosses are just boring, spongey fucks

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

The games a fucking joke. This dev team obviously has no clue what makes a Souls-Like game good. The first boss in the game has 3 health bars, can kill TOU in 2-3 hits and attacks near constantly, from across the fucking arena and barely gives you openings. Deflect doesn’t work, parry doesn’t work, dodge doesn’t work, plague abilities don’t work.

Im astounded at just how god awful this game is. Like Christ, worst Souls-like I’ve played.

To anyone reading this; skip the game, it has no respect for the players and bosses are just boring, spongey fucks

It does seem like that way at first, but unlock Short Claws Lv 2 and Reckless Deflect Lv 2. With this you can pretty much just spam parry and it will work 90% of the time. Then short claws will help to heal back some health and its quicker to attack.

Later you can get Scythe plague weapon which is pretty much an infinite heal with the right setup.

It does seem hard at first, I felt the same and so experimented with every single talent. Reckless Deflect Lv 2 is the most broken and the closest to easy mode as you can get because as I say, it lets you just spam parry so that you don't have to learn the timing for enemies attacks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

This dev team obviously has no clue what makes a Souls-Like game good. The first boss in the game has 3 health bars, can kill TOU in 2-3 hits and attacks near constantly, from across the fucking arena and barely gives you openings. Deflect doesn’t work, parry doesn’t work, dodge doesn’t work, plague abilities don’t work.

Devs obviously know what makes Sekiro work. This game has one of the best combat system in the genre. It lacks a bit in enemy variety and bosses could be more challenging, but overall is a good time for any Sekiro enjoyer.

If you struggle with parry timing just take the skill that makes parry window easier. Haven't tested Lv. 2 but Lv. 1 feels nice.

11 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Devs obviously know what makes Sekiro work. This game has one of the best combat system in the genre. It lacks a bit in enemy variety and bosses could be more challenging, but overall is a good time for any Sekiro enjoyer.

If you struggle with parry timing just take the skill that makes parry window easier. Haven't tested Lv. 2 but Lv. 1 feels nice.

I eventually beat him, then beat Hanged Queen on like the 6th attempt without healing. Still think the game has dodgy mechanics though, like half the time they don’t work. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 4:30 AM, Optinooby said:

Reckless Deflect Lv 2 is the most broken and the closest to easy mode as you can get because as I say, it lets you just spam parry so that you don't have to learn the timing for enemies attacks!

spamming parry doesn't work with Urd. at least it didn't work for me. I had to learn the timing, so I switched to precise reflect lv2. the timing between Reckless and Precise wasn't noticeable because of her fast attacks

5 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

spamming parry doesn't work with Urd. at least it didn't work for me. I had to learn the timing, so I switched to precise reflect lv2. the timing between Reckless and Precise wasn't noticeable because of her fast attacks

Works fine for me, I pretty much just spam parry the whole game, im on my 5th or 6th platinum now just spamming parry.

Of course its not always successful, but most the time it is. And sometimes, spamming it a little bit slower can work better depending on the attack.

Some bosses still may take a few tries, but you eventually push through without having to really practice much.

• Like 1

I found that he has 2 move sets he switches between (randomly I think), a melee focus one and a ranged focused one. The melee set is harder to spam parry and he has moves that can chain into his other moves so he has 3-4 variations he can do making it harder to read his movements. His range move set is a lot easier to dodge as he doesn't randomly chain it and is very easy to parry and almost impossible to fail parry spamming. Of course he has his un-blockable attack he does from time to time as well but it has a very slow wind-up to attack time and you can spam dodge to avoid it. Just don't stand to close to him while dodging as it seems his hitboxes extend to his sides.

I don't know if its possible but maybe you can run around the arena until he switches to his range set. You can try hitting him with feathers or getting the slow heal talent to bypass his healing. You know he changed into his range set when he jumps back, gets into a squat position, and hits you with 4 tentacle attacks. If you miss the first parry you'll know he's going to do 3 more which doesn't stun lock you like his melee attacks can. He also has an AOE attack that its parry-able and is readable as he glows gold. He also has a lunge attack which is also very easily readable and telegraphed. When you parry his attacks he jumps back but you can quickly catch up to him and dish out a decent amount of damage if you get the 2x short dodge talent. You can also safely use your scythe plague weapon when you parry both his AOE attacks.

Edited by BestUsername----

6 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I found that he has 2 move sets he switches between (randomly I think), a melee focus one and a ranged focused one. The melee set is harder to spam parry and he has moves that can chain into his other moves so he has 3-4 variations he can do making it harder to read his movements. His range move set is a lot easier to dodge as he doesn't randomly chain it and is very easy to parry and almost impossible to fail parry spamming. Of course he has his un-blockable attack he does from time to time as well but it has a very slow wind-up to attack time and you can spam dodge to avoid it. Just don't stand to close to him while dodging as it seems his hitboxes extend to his sides.

I don't know if its possible but maybe you can run around the arena until he switches to his range set. You can try hitting him with feathers or getting the slow heal talent to bypass his healing. You know he changed into his range set when he jumps back, gets into a squat position, and hits you with 4 tentacle attacks. If you miss the first parry you'll know he's going to do 3 more which doesn't stun lock you like his melee attacks can. He also has an AOE attack that its parry-able and is readable as he glows gold. He also has a lunge attack which is also very easily readable and telegraphed. When you parry his attacks he jumps back but you can quickly catch up to him and dish out a decent amount of damage if you get the 2x short dodge talent. You can also safely use your scythe plague weapon when you parry both his AOE attacks.

Got my Platinum Run recorded today, 3 hour Platinum xD. I still spam everything, just keep the pressure on and I only dodge during red attacks. Maybe it works well for me because of my other talents and plague weapon/potion that supplement the deflect

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3