RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

Ok, finished another RPG this weekend with Child of Light.

A bit short but had a lot of fun with it. The concept of the combat is interesting, but very easy to abuse for both the enemy and you in regard to interrupting. Most of the strategy was just switching when health was low, healing, and taking out the small fries before taking out the big boss and just interrupting them into oblivion. Pretty straightforward strategy. Story was pretty cool though and the entire game is told in rhyme, which was really, really cool. Definitely worth checking out if you are looking for a bit of a shorter RPG to play to fill in during the grind.

Anyways, this is how it tallies up:

75 + 21 - 21.15 = 74.85 (hopefully my mental math checks out).

• Like 4

On 10/27/2023 at 7:02 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Don't panic too much on specifically doing RPG's, just have fun with games you want to play. If they include RPG's then great.

I haven't fully updated the form yet and I wanted to check the details on the game before just adding it to the spreadsheet. Shouldn't be a problem when I get around to it though.

alright cause at first i could not get into the rpg genre for some reason since the other gamers here on this event are way much better then me but i give it a try so for the seasonal stacker i read for this month that is  pumpkins but i am curieus wich one it wil be for next month 

With all these wonderful completions, I thought I would say that I actually have finished some RPG games (or at least they are RPG's according to the tag).

Tails of Iron - 9th May 2023

Call of Cthulhu - 10th September 2023

Sea of Stars - 29th September 2023

Light Fairytale Vol.1 - 9th October 2023

I'd still be behind @Beyondthegrave07 in points though ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

With all these wonderful completions, I thought I would say that I actually have finished some RPG games (or at least they are RPG's according to the tag).

Tails of Iron - 9th May 2023

Call of Cthulhu - 10th September 2023

Sea of Stars - 29th September 2023

Light Fairytale Vol.1 - 9th October 2023

I'd still be behind @Beyondthegrave07 in points though ;)

The clear sign that you aren't trying hard enough. XD

Jk, jk. Nice job on the games. Sea of Stars is definitely on my radar... after I finish the Messenger... sooner or later!

23rd update:

Lords of the Fallen: 100+(6x0+2x7+1x55)69-5.29+50(Speedrun 11/209)+50(Newgame)=263.71

There is a lot to say about this one. Let's start with it got no gold trophies.. The devs are evil 😂. Definitely one of the toughest game in terms of collectibles in years for me. I had easier time with ACs. I would not recommend it unless you are die hard souls fans. Play lies of P instead🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

the seasonal stacker looks great i am doing persona 5 original cause i already have last year platinumed persona 5 royal only 1 persona 5 game left but i already have earned trophies before the event if i completed the games wich i earned trophies before the event must i do the score points only with the trophies i earned within the event that i got on my mind 

1L7b2461.png

Platinum #7:  Soul Hackers 2

100 + 70  (trophies / 34B + 9S + 3G) -  22.17 (completion)  = 147.83 * 3 (triple points game) = 443.49

No seasonal bonus ("fireworks") here; I had an easy rationale for "pumpkins" but clearly didn't get this game done as quickly as I was hoping to.  Oh well.

More SMT goodness; this title most closely reminds me of a combination between Nocturne and the DIgital Devil Saga games.  Or if you're looking for "more modern" Atlus RPG references, it's like the dungeon-crawling/boss-fighting sections of the Persona series.  (But still more like DDS because you can shuffle skills and whatnot on all your characters as opposed to being "locked in" on much of your party.)

I enjoyed it greatly, but I'm not all that saddened that it's over and done with.  There's only so much one can do with the gameplay paradigm when it's the primary (if not sole) focus of things and the "story/plot" is a bit meager much like it was in Nocturne.  There's an overarching story, but you never feel like it's much more than meager padding between dungeons.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

What is going on in that picture? My mind is trying to see it...

Well Halu (the pink creature) does random actions during battle like sleep, dig, run around, etc. and so one of his random actions is actually firing off fire works from a box as you can see on the left side so hope that helps clear things up. Now don't ask me what going on with the words on the right, I tried multiple times to take a picture and even with no combat going on they still appear for some reason.

5 minutes ago, maxfighter23___ said:

about some games you guys play like soul hackers and monster hunter rise mass effect legendary edition and  andromeda is a trophie guide needed for those games ore can it also done blind playtrough for the platinum trophie ?

Those are all games with large time commitments. You have many other shorter games on your profile where you're barely past the tutorial stage and just quit. If something like Ragnarok or Hogwarts won't hold your interest then those games won't either.

5 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Those are all games with large time commitments. You have many other shorter games on your profile where you're barely past the tutorial stage and just quit. If something like Ragnarok or Hogwarts won't hold your interest then those games won't either.

thanks  that is before cause with low on time for to game and real life was busy now i have more time to game i am interested in hogwarts legacy and ragnarok i know i barely touched my games now with more time i got i want to complete my games but i am not so good in gaming only managed to do some games but that was it i know i have added so many games in my trophielist and i want to do them with 1 game at a time i hope it helps this time 

21 minutes ago, maxfighter23___ said:

thanks  that is before cause with low on time for to game and real life was busy now i have more time to game i am interested in hogwarts legacy and ragnarok i know i barely touched my games now with more time i got i want to complete my games but i am not so good in gaming only managed to do some games but that was it i know i have added so many games in my trophielist and i want to do them with 1 game at a time i hope it helps this time 

Your last RPG platinum was a DBZ game back in April and your last platinum was 3 months ago. You have games like Legend of Dragoon on there which is not a long game and you're not even to the point where you have a full party. You have Final Fantasy 7 and you're not even past Midgar and that's a game where you can activate invincibility by hitting R3. Play what you have because all you're going to wind up doing is just starting those games you asked about and not make any progress.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio