Started the equipment crafting through smithing today

mike_87

2 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Got shinadas card but not ichiban or uta…anyone got any idea where to get them? Oh and golden sneak was dropping a fair few seals just now so dont get why everyone is praising up the ultra fiddly crafting method for getting them. Theres conflicting information and advice everywhere on this game at the moment, really not a good time to try platting it

You get them from enlistment tab in the battle dungeon menu, same as everyone else.

Everyone's praising it because they're not as much of a pain in the ass to get with crafting. If you use the spreadsheet you'll see that most weapons have 1-3 seals that can be applied on them. That's 33-100% chance that you'll get the seal you want if you're farming for them. Golden sneak drop pool is huge. For me they rarely dropped seals and instead flooded me with materials instead. But hey, if RNG is blessing you then keep farming golden sneaks if it's working out for you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LuxQSD1 said:

You get them from enlistment tab in the battle dungeon menu, same as everyone else.

Everyone's praising it because they're not as much of a pain in the ass to get with crafting. If you use the spreadsheet you'll see that most weapons have 1-3 seals that can be applied on them. That's 33-100% chance that you'll get the seal you want if you're farming for them. Golden sneak drop pool is huge. For me they rarely dropped seals and instead flooded me with materials instead. But hey, if RNG is blessing you then keep farming golden sneaks if it's working out for you.

Which enlistment option are those particular cards from? 10, 5, 1 or 5000 ryo? And my capacity is 500/500 now so cant get any more troopers right now

Edited by mike_87

45 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Which enlistment option are those particular cards from? 10, 5, 1 or 5000 ryo? And my capacity is 500/500 now so cant get any more troopers right now

All legendary troopers can only be obtained with the 10 ryo enlistment option. If you're at cap with troopers then just start fusing trash ones into legendary ones.

14 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Got shinadas card but not ichiban or uta…anyone got any idea where to get them? Oh and golden sneak was dropping a fair few seals just now so dont get why everyone is praising up the ultra fiddly crafting method for getting them. Theres conflicting information and advice everywhere on this game at the moment, really not a good time to try platting it

I farmed the Golden Sneak for quite a few hours, and I was getting repeats of the same seals. Fierce Deity, Madness, Bewitched, Brawl, Attack, Reversal, and some of the more common ones. I can't help but feel like the Sneaks have a very limited drop pool, and don't exactly drop 44/45 of the seals, so it's going to get to a point where you have to craft them. 

Also, Ichiban/Uta are from the Recruitment gacha pull at the barracks. All the trooper cards drop there except for the Influencer DLC cards. Just gotta keep hammering at that 10 Ryo option till they pop.

30 minutes ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

I farmed the Golden Sneak for quite a few hours, and I was getting repeats of the same seals. Fierce Deity, Madness, Bewitched, Brawl, Attack, Reversal, and some of the more common ones. I can't help but feel like the Sneaks have a very limited drop pool, and don't exactly drop 44/45 of the seals, so it's going to get to a point where you have to craft them. 

Also, Ichiban/Uta are from the Recruitment gacha pull at the barracks. All the trooper cards drop there except for the Influencer DLC cards. Just gotta keep hammering at that 10 Ryo option till they pop.

Thanks, i only have shinada on me at the moment so while i can do the last dungeon fairly fast definitely not like the video you showed where he goes down in seconds, 84 equipment crafted including the 29 seals so far, for the most part just applying any new seals to wherever still think its bullshit really. Yeah life would be so much easier if the sneaks dropped every seal, though some claim they actually do

Edited by mike_87

10 hours ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

I see you mentioned earlier in the thread about if you go through the damage orbs again on gunman post level 99 it increases the damage alot too, but i am not earning any more gunman orbs so seem unable to go through the orbs again, weird, edit: sorted now but even so having uta as trooper hasnt made the dungeon go much faster so far, still need ichibura mind

Edited by mike_87

After patch 1.004, drop rates have increased significantly and some seals are now dropping in some Battle dungeons.

I got from 0 to 45 seals within 5-6 hours.
Farmed the Golden Sneaks 2 hours for a dozen of seals (he can't drop ALL the seals, i would say i got like 20ish from them)

Then I farmed the Battle dungeons for Heavy Drinker (1-1), Repentance, Reverence (1-2), Virtuous (3-11), Special moves (squared 3-15) and Drunken Craze (1-8). 

I got a couple more by dismantling weapons i got from dungeons and random mobs.

I ONLY had to craft for Antidote, Hemostasis, Experience and Blessing.

Definitely not as bad as I expected.

Also I noticed the improvment on 3-20, before the patch I was getting 1 or 2 drops per run. Now I get an average of 5 to 6 drops, and sometimes 4 Dragon Fangs or 4 Eyes of the Dragon at once.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

After patch 1.004, drop rates have increased significantly and some seals are now dropping in some Battle dungeons.

Farmed the Golden Sneaks 2 hours for a dozen of seals (he can't drop ALL the seals, i would say i got like 20ish from them)

Then I farmed the Battle dungeons for Heavy Drinker (1-1), Repentance, Reverence (1-2), Virtuous (3-11), Special moves (squared 3-15) and Drunken Craze (1-8). 

Also I noticed the improvment on 3-20, before the patch I was getting 1 or 2 drops per run. Now I get an average of 5 to 6 drops, and sometimes 4 Dragon Fangs or 4 Eyes of the Dragon at once.

I need homeostasis and i crafted fighters binding but couldnt get it, weird

3 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

That's just on you being really lucky. I've spent the past two hours running around some of the Battle Dungeons with Seal drops to test how frequently it seems to drop them and it still took me like 40 minutes to get a single Virtuous and I haven't even seen any of the others. Special Moves in SS 15 is the only one that seems to drop with any regularity for me. I tried for about three hours in Infiltration 1 yesterday for a Repentance and despite getting several dozen Yoshiyukis I never got a single one.

This is very much a "Your mileage may vary" thing because some people just have a lot of luck while others won't have any at all. All I kept getting post-patch from the Golden Sneaks was item drops rather than a consistent stream of Seals. I did get like two but that was about it.

Edited by soliunasm

2 hours ago, mike_87 said:

I need homeostasis and i crafted fighters binding but couldnt get it, weird

Of course for the 5 items i had to craft, i used the method stated above to make sure i would get a seal. But crafting nameless swords over and over for 5 items is no big deal, compared to if you had to craft like 20 different items like some people are trying to do. I am pretty sure I got Hemeostasis on the Herbalist's binding while going for Fireproof.

8 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

That's just on you being really lucky. I've spent the past two hours running around some of the Battle Dungeons with Seal drops to test how frequently it seems to drop them and it still took me like 40 minutes to get a Virtuous. Special Moves in SS 15 is the only one that seems to drop with any regularity for me. Three hours in Infiltration 1 for a Repentance still didn't get me anything despite getting several dozen Yoshiyukis.

Are you using a weapon (preferably Vortex) with 18% extra drop rates ? Virtuous was the hardest to drop (like 5 or 6 attempts) but all the others dropped on the first try. Of course it's luck but considering all the seals I had to get, it's more than a coincidence. As for the weapon with Repentance, I only picked up the sword-looking drop and ignored the other average materials (fabrics and stuff), I got 2 basic Yoshiyukis (the grey quality, not even green or blue) with the extra Repentance seal on it. If you have a solid gun with 3 Gold Greed seals, it takes barely 2 minutes to finish the levels and I feel like 80-90%+ of the enemies drop something.

11 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Are you using a weapon (preferably Vortex) with 18% extra drop rates ? Virtuous was the hardest to drop (like 5 or 6 attempts) but all the others dropped on the first try. Of course it's luck but considering all the seals I had to get, it's more than a coincidence. As for the weapon with Repentance, I only picked up the sword-looking drop and ignored the other average materials (fabrics and stuff), I got 2 basic Yoshiyukis (the grey quality, not even green or blue) with the extra Repentance seal on it. If you have a solid gun with 3 Gold Greed seals, it takes barely 2 minutes to finish the levels and I feel like 80-90%+ of the enemies drop something.

No, I stopped using Greed Seals a couple of hours after the patch because more or less every single enemy drops items now and as far as I know Greed doesn't make it easier to get higher tier items otherwise that would make lower tier items impossible to obtain, just makes items more likely to appear. Like I said, I obtained well over 30 or so Yoshiyukis over the course of my farming (With Greed Seals still on my Vortex) and I didn't get anything.

Edit: Just got a Sword Seal: Fierce Diety drop and that took about two hours of running Infiltration 2.

Edited by soliunasm

It's true Greed doesn't help you getting a high tier drop BUT I feel like with a new patch + at least 3 Gold Greed seals on your gun, it almost guarantees you to get a drop for every enemy killed. In my case, when farming the last Dragon Fangs I needed in 3-20, i would say 9 out of 10 times, all the enemies dropped something and if it was not a golden drop I didn't even bother picking it up. It made the grind far less frustrating than if I was killing 20 guys and getting just 2 or 3 drops.

Actually, I haven't tested it but before the new patch, I was thinking of also adding 3 Gold Greed Seals to my sword and play in Wild Dancer to really maximize the drop rate. In the end, when you know the shape and the color of the item you are specifically farming, you can just ignore the other loots and complete the stage as fast as you can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 5:01 PM, mike_87 said:

I got Ichiban as a DLC one from Bob in Teradaya and Uta from the 5 ryo enlistment section iirc.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been chipping away at this game for over a month now, playtime is 73 hours currently. Only thing left I need is 7 more seals, like 75-ish more equipment to craft and leveling up to Lv. 99. I'm only at Lv. 74 right now after all this time so I feel like that will be the main grind in this game now that they've increased item drop rates. Absolutely must, and I mean MUST, use the save scum method for getting seals to manipulate the RNG in your favor. It's the only way to do this without tearing your hair out due to RNG. You'll be able to get all the seals remaining that you need within 6-7 hours or so. Went from 23 seals to 38 seals within a few hours and the last 7 will probably take me another couple hours. If you ever need money, just sell your equipment back at the pawn shop and for the dungeon grind items, after you craft the equipment with those items, immediately dissemble it to get some of those precious items back to craft other equipment that needs them and lessen the dungeon grind. 

The most tedious, boring and convoluted crafting system in a game ever. So much better in the original, don't know what they were thinking changing it. 

Edited by mega-tallica

Took me an hour alone just to get the Blessing seal in crafting with save scumming and then after all that, it kept failing when I tried to apply it in enhancement. Literally the last seal I needed and it gave me the most trouble by far. So frustrating.

Long story short, I ended up figuring out the enhancement success rate is also predetermined in RNG and the percentage chance of success (unless it's a 100% chance) means basically nothing if the predetermined RNG has set it to fail no matter what. Blessing is an 81% success rate and no matter how many times I reloaded the save to try again it failed every time. So what I had to do was apply other 81% success rate seals and have them purposely fail until I finally got one to succeed. Turns out it was the 5th seal that would succeed so reload the save, apply the four 81% success rate seals and have them fail and then apply the Blessing seal as the 5th one and it finally succeeded. Basically the same save scum process for crafting you also need to do for enhancement too. Such a dumb, counterintuitive system. 

Edited by mega-tallica