How is the playerbase in 2023

Hvalpen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 1:06 AM, marfidude said:

Been having issues finding lobbies during prime time but that’s probably cause I’m Australian. 

I remember there being a point where the servers were fucked a couple months ago and it took like 5 mins to find a lobby. Should be good now and @Hvalpen yeah there’s still tons of players that play the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apocasy said:

I remember there being a point where the servers were fucked a couple months ago and it took like 5 mins to find a lobby.

I think you missed the part where he said he's Australian, or you just don't know our struggles.

I'd kill for a 5min wait time. You play anything other than the newest and/or most popular games in Australia and you'll really find it hard to get into a lobby, especially at any time you want during the day. Usually has to be peak hour. Either that or the game is permanently dead.

So yes, I'd bet black ops 4 is dead in Aus.

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Riiszk said:

I think you missed the part where he said he's Australian, or you just don't know our struggles.

I'd kill for a 5min wait time. You play anything other than the newest and/or most popular games in Australia and you'll really find it hard to get into a lobby, especially at any time you want during the day. Usually has to be peak hour. Either that or the game is permanently dead.

Nah I got that he’s Australian. I was just sharing my experience at the time. Could try to get somebody from NA or Eu to host even the the ping would not be the best.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2023 at 3:19 PM, Riiszk said:

I played this back around Christmas/New Year and I could pretty much only find Team Deathmatch lobbies, but even then I generally had to wait. Could never find a single Blackout match either.

I was surprised because I assumed being a COD game that it'd be fine to find people, even being in Australia. But nope. So it's definitely mostly dead here from my experiences too.

• Like 1

On 16/4/2023 at 3:19 PM, Riiszk said:

I’ve been using a VPN but it’s really not working as I thought it would, I’m connecting to a Alcatraz blackout lobby where I have a consistent 200 ping but it’s filled with Aussies/New Zealanders, about 40 max and the other game modes are impossible to find. Best bet is queuing with Americans as they find every type of game mode within seconds or minutes! 

Irritating but a normal struggle for any Aussie

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YuckMeAgain said:

I’ve been using a VPN but it’s really not working as I thought it would, I’m connecting to a Alcatraz blackout lobby where I have a consistent 200 ping but it’s filled with Aussies/New Zealanders, about 40 max and the other game modes are impossible to find. Best bet is queuing with Americans as they find every type of game mode within seconds or minutes! 

Irritating but a normal struggle for any Aussie

not today. All lobbies were not finding a match. No solos duo or quads besides Alcatraz after 5 minutes of searching. Not sure what’s going on and I’m in the US. All my buddies couldn’t find a match. They say server maintenance but I doubt it…

From my very recent experience as an Aussie, regular Blackout lobbies are completely dead. There is a way to boost the characters/wins but you’d have to either find 20 people to take into Oceania servers (20 is the minimum to start a lobby in quads) or deal with terrible ping and join NA/EU friends.

Alcatraz is barely alive in Oceania servers but you can achieve 8/12 characters. The other 4 have to be boosted as above.

Multiplayer seems alive, I don’t usually tend to have trouble finding games unless it’s very late.

• 1 month later...