End game Farming EXP Method

FlareZero

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been farming Caiths and Octopuffs with Alrond in the Infernal Castle but I have one question.

These Octopuffs supposedly drop nuts for stat boosting and I’ve defeated many already but I never seen a single nut drop. What am I missing here?

I would love to build a very OP party. ?

Out of interest, how are you getting caits and octopuffs to appear? I've played for 70 hours, have the hunter skill for rare monsters, two cait powders, two octopuff items and I've had five appear in my entire playthrough.

I'm in the endgame now with three character stories left and have had to do some real grinding to get them to level 45 (outside of the main party).

1 hour ago, Wedjwants said:

Out of interest, how are you getting caits and octopuffs to appear? I've played for 70 hours, have the hunter skill for rare monsters, two cait powders, two octopuff items and I've had five appear in my entire playthrough.

I'm in the endgame now with three character stories left and have had to do some real grinding to get them to level 45 (outside of the main party).

Yeah I didn’t really encounter them either during my time playing except when I actively searched for them.

I guess Infernal Castle is a good spot as I got one, chubby caith or king octopott, around 1 time every 10 battles. I just flee away if I didn’t encounter one.

Combined with Alrond and his xp x100 grinding wasn’t that bad. You get over 300.000 xp per battle and it’s the best way for end game level grinding. Your level 45 character will instantly go to 60+ in one battle.

So this is how I did it:

Finish Partitio’s story. Do sidequest to be able to bribe Alrond. I costs 160.000 leaves so it’s quite expensive. Bring Temenos and your main damage dealer. I had Hikari and his Merciless Blade skill.

Go to Infernal Castle and hunt chubby caiths. I had to bribe Alrond twice to get Temenos to level 80 after which he can guide him for free. Keep Temenos and main damage dealer in party and switch out 2 others. It took me around 5-6 hours to get my entire party to level 90+. 

Good luck. As you need a bit of luck to get the xp x100 when you encounter a caith. But remember you can summon Alrond 3 times per battle so you have 6 chances to get it.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How high do you really need to get your level for the platinum? I read 50 is safe to beat the game, but you are grinding to... NINETY???

I got everyone to 50 pretty easily after capturing a light revenant (or five) with Ochette. I think doing hired help (guard) when its shield is broken takes it down enough to capture. Then once you get it, just use a merchant with high speed to pass BP to Ochette and have her use the revenant to do 9999 damage to pretty much everything in the cavern where the light revenant is. Requires not much setup at all. About 600-1000 XP per fight and you can do it very early on (around level 20ish?). Took me maybe 2 hours to get my whole party to 50 from 20s. Also gives you powerful summons the rest of the game that hits 7000+ on most enemies.

Edited by ChibsSoA

10 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

How high do you really need to get your level for the platinum? I read 50 is safe to beat the game, but you are grinding to... NINETY???

I got everyone to 50 pretty easily after capturing a light revenant (or five) with Ochette. I think doing hired help (guard) when its shield is broken takes it down enough to capture. Then once you get it, just use a merchant with high speed to pass BP to Ochette and have her use the revenant to do 9999 damage to pretty much everything in the cavern where the light revenant is. Requires not much setup at all. About 600-1000 XP per fight and you can do it very early on (around level 20ish?). Took me maybe 2 hours to get my whole party to 50 from 20s. Also gives you powerful summons the rest of the game that hits 7000+ on most enemies.

I was around level 75-80. After level 65 or so all level ups are diminishing returns already. You barely gain any base stat boosts.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 3:29 PM, Joe Dubz said:

I actually found what I think might be a slightly less painstaking method for this? I followed everything else the same, but instead of hunting Caits... Yano, I was lucky if every 20th fight had one, let alone at that point if I could get Alrond to cooperate with me too!!

But if you go to the Forgotten Lost Isle (SE island on the map, Danger Lvl 45), there are those giant enemies there called Blood Revenants. If you get 2 of them together, it nets you ~1.4k exp per fight. They are one of only 2 enemy types in this area, and they spawn pretty frequently! Couple that with Alrond's 100x exp and you get ~148k exp per fight! Just get in a fight and if it's not 2 of them, just flee, rinse and repeat. 

I was able to level up the chars that were in the 40s all the way up to 80 in just 3 fights this way. You get less exp per fight as opposed to going for the fat caits, but IMO this way is much less annoying and less RNG dependent. But you def want to get Temenos to lvl 80 ASAP so you don't have to keep forking out $160k each time with Partitio ($200k without the cheaper hires!). Hope this helps! 

This is the way. Completely trivializes any grinding needed if you save scum it. Thanks for the tip, worked like a charm.

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

This is the way. Completely trivializes any grinding needed if you save scum it. Thanks for the tip, worked like a charm.

Nice, hey I'm glad to know someone found it helpful!! As far as what level... Yeah Vanquishd kinda said it best that the returns aren't that great after a certain threshold... With that being said, that last fight was rough and I wanted every bit of advantage I could get! 

I want to say Hikari and Temenos I had to 95 or so, then everyone else pretty close to 90. It's not even so much about your levels tho with that last fight, as much as planning and prepping a strategy to take them down quickly. You can find a good YouTube video or two explaining some no-hit methods basically, where you break them and finish them off before they get a chance to attack! 

Good luck, you have got this one in the bag my friend ?

• Like 1