21/03/2014 - finally a chance for Diamond Cup!

lloydsdog

I've been playin' Vita version for AGES!!! and I am tired of french beta testers, who won't allow casual gamers like me to get diamond cup! Their skillz are mad and I'm simply not good enough to be within 1% of world's best players. Finally, today - an opportunity has arrived! Daily Extreme Challenge is BROKEN and it ends exactly after 256.01 metres! It's one of those levels, where Globox is running on automatic and You steer with Murfy. Globox dies as he cannot jump over the obstacle - no matter what U do. Seems like the best score for this challenge will be 256.01 - for every player! Quick try it for Yourself and hopefully - ubisoft won't fix it within the next 22 hours :)

post-20999-0-73573700-1395368652_thumb.jpg

Edited by lloydsdog

Diamond cups aren't that difficult to obtain, it just takes practice and knowledge to get good times /distances

I got around 40 diamond cups from challenges, most of them were from the dojo and land of livid dead levels

Its not that easy for everyone. I've worked for hours trying to shave just tenths off my times. I was 5th in the world on a daily challenge only to wake up the next day to find out I was 13th, and then when the challenge was over I was 31st. with people 6+ seconds a head of me. I'm hoping I get a freebie as I dont think I'll get one legit.

• 10 months later...

I only been playing a couple of days on Rayman legends on the ps vita and already finding this a huge struggle,  hopefully soon there will be a challenge I can get into the top 1% or more players come along.

I wish you luck. The only reason I got this plat is because of this glitch this thread is talking about.

Diamond cups are in no way required to get the platinum, but they do speed up the process. Yeah, it's kinda annoying with the same few people getting diamond almost every day. It is possible to beat them though. Gold shouldn't be too hard. Should also be noted that the non-"extreme" levels allow for two players locally. If you got some friends, someone in your family, maybe your spouse or lover or whatever, they can help you with these. They don't need to be good, just them jumping to get something in one or two of the screens in the Dojo levels can save you many seconds, which is rather automatically a gold or near diamond if you are good enough. I got diamonds on different levels, like one was to drop as fast as possible, where I basically found a way to drop further to the left on the screen, which allowed me to fall further without slowing down with a quarter of a second of a chopper or similar. It had to be done almost perfectly, and then do the final part just falling down, no chopper to make it safer. Also had running and collecting items, where I just did really well. There are some special rolling jumps, not just attack and jump roll, but when you land too etc, that can give you a massive boost in speed.

Edited by MMDE

Diamond cups are in no way required to get the platinum, but they do speed up the process. Yeah, it's kinda annoying with the same few people getting diamond almost every day. It is possible to beat them though. Gold shouldn't be too hard. Should also be noted that the non-"extreme" levels allow for two players locally. If you got some friends, someone in your family, maybe your spouse or lover or whatever, they can help you with these. They don't need to be good, just them jumping to get something in one or two of the screens in the Dojo levels can save you many seconds, which is rather automatically a gold or near diamond if you are good enough. I got diamonds on different levels, like one was to drop as fast as possible, where I basically found a way to drop further to the left on the screen, which allowed me to fall further without slowing down with a quarter of a second of a chopper or similar. It had to be done almost perfectly, and then do the final part just falling down, no chopper to make it safer. Also had running and collecting items, where I just did really well. There are some special rolling jumps, not just attack and jump roll, but when you land too etc, that can give you a massive boost in speed.

For the Vita version you do have to win one diamond cup for a trophy dood

Just like Doods mentioned, the Vita version has one diamond cup gold trophy, and also the platinum truly legend, which is different from the ps3/4 version.

I'm a proud owner of the Vita platinum.

For the Vita version you do have to win one diamond cup for a trophy dood

Just like Doods mentioned, the Vita version has one diamond cup gold trophy, and also the platinum truly legend, which is different from the ps3/4 version.

I'm a proud owner of the Vita platinum.

Ah, lol, sorry guys. Didn't know the Vita version had a different trophy list. I knew what the PS3 and PS4 versions trophy lists were like. The diamond cups are hard with so many people going for them, and often the same few people get them each time... It's doable without this glitch though. Don't expect every day to be as easy. Some days might be easier, and you may be better at some levels.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

A month after posting in this thread about how difficult it was to get a diamond I managed to get one due to the same reason.      Even though this is rare with free trophies are given. I am hoping to get a few diamonds to help me get to the final awesomeness level fastest.

Good luck to those who are still trying to get a diamond challenge trophy,    hopefully we will get Rayman legends on ps+ before the end of the year or early next year,    going to have a guess if it is release on ps+ March 2016.  but more likely going for December 2015,

Edited by one_more_name

Diamond cups are hard to get at first, but with practice anyone can get them. I have a YT channel with dozens of videos of diamond cup runs if anyone here is interested (Keelloo17). I have been playing for a year and a half so I can try answer questions anyone has xD