Build i used to get the platinum easy and also way of the demon DLC Trophy

Belmont-38

10 minutes ago, TheScorpi0411 said:

Thanks for all the hard work and details to put this here. I'm sure you've helped people with this build and the necessary explanations involved.
Please keep up the good work, thanks.✌️

Thank you! ?

1 minute ago, Ninjise said:

Great guide, I might give a try when I buy the PS5 version of the game, I went completely  blind the first time and struggled the whole game.

Thank you, with this build you will get through the game without any problems. Even on higher difficulty, good luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

doesn't help with the dojo missions, they're the only problem for me atm 

If you go to way of the nioh and gear there as recommended, dojo missions on way of the demon are not a problem. You can get hit quiet a lot before you die and you even can heal 3x.

3 hours ago, Sharkyis- said:

If you go to way of the nioh and gear there as recommended, dojo missions on way of the demon are not a problem. You can get hit quiet a lot before you die and you even can heal 3x.

way of the nioh gear really that good? i just unlocked it but feeling pretty burned out on this game so i'll return later and try again with higher gear lvl

19 minutes ago, Teh_Zombz said:

way of the nioh gear really that good? i just unlocked it but feeling pretty burned out on this game so i'll return later and try again with higher gear lvl

Yes it is, it gives +30 divine or ethreal (orange) gear. Which is a massive boost for way of the demon. It makes that difficulty a walk in the park if you fully gear in way of nioh. Even the dojo missions with a wooden weapon are easy that way.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Can someone explain the "Change to Attack: Heart" thing a bit more to me? Trying to follow the advice of OP as much as I can, but I'm still only maybe 15 hours into the game so far and still learning things.

I thought at first this was like a weapon attribute... but it sounds like it's just stat scaling? Because at first I was looking for weapons that had it, then I noticed... every weapon I had has it. Just the rating varies on each weapon (my current one has a B+). So again, it just seems like how good a weapon is at scaling. Adding to that, what is the advice here... reroll the rating basically? And that is done via reforging?

6 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Can someone explain the "Change to Attack: Heart" thing a bit more to me? Trying to follow the advice of OP as much as I can, but I'm still only maybe 15 hours into the game so far and still learning things.

I thought at first this was like a weapon attribute... but it sounds like it's just stat scaling? Because at first I was looking for weapons that had it, then I noticed... every weapon I had has it. Just the rating varies on each weapon (my current one has a B+). So again, it just seems like how good a weapon is at scaling. Adding to that, what is the advice here... reroll the rating basically? And that is done via reforging?

Since you’re only 15 hours into the game you don’t need to worry about an actual build, equip your best defensive armour and your highest damage weapon. Builds don’t matter for your first or even your second playthrough. Builds only matter for NG++ otherwise known as Way Of The Demon and on.

Change To Attack [stat] changes what that weapons damage primarily scales with. For example, if you want to run an onmyo build that uses the magic stat but you don’t want to use a weapon that scales with magic then you would put Change To Attack [Magic] on your weapon so that it’s damage scales with magic instead of what it would normally scale with.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have tips for Dojo missions on WotD? I'm doing pinprick level damage with the wooden weapons, meanwhile the dojo enemies can 3-shot you. There's gotta be a better way.

Also, just in general, I've been having a hard time on Demon, even with this build. The fact that I can't increase my Heart any higher than 99 right now stinks. I poured as much skill points into the melee damage skill as I could, but it's still hard to deal with some of the tougher enemies out there.

Wondering if I should put more points into Body than just 13, because I feel pretty squishy a lot of the time.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

• 3 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 1:01 AM, Belmont-38 said:

Yes it is, it gives +30 divine or ethreal (orange) gear. Which is a massive boost for way of the demon. It makes that difficulty a walk in the park if you fully gear in way of nioh. Even the dojo missions with a wooden weapon are easy that way.

Yep you are correct lol, with way of the nioh gear it was a cakewalk. dojo missions was just a slog more than anything because of the wood weapons but they could hardly touch me.

On 3/24/2023 at 1:03 PM, Belmont-38 said:

N5b0tVM.jpg

qpCOC03.jpg

Ok, so first of all before you get into new game + difficulties you want to use warrior of the west set and weapon/Bow for all bonuses until you get past mid game for the kingo set. Use kingo set all pieces until you finish the game which is very doable in first difficulty with this set. Once you get in new game + and the yasakani magatama drops you can swap the head for warrior of the west, and if you use the bow and off hand weapon you have 4 bonuses of that set and all bonuses of kingo. 

For the stats you want first in your initial playthrough focus on getting both dex and magic to 20 for the trophies as you need that much for their dojo mission. Spirit you want at 25 as you will be using aya-komori for the agility dmg bonus and attack from behind dmg bonus. Strength and body you both need at 13 to be able to use warrior of the west and kingo set armour. Stamina you want at 20-25 in your first playthrough and everything else goes into heart for your sword dmg. Do not bother with skill in your first playthrough but level that in your new game + for more samurai skill points once you have 99 heart. 

For titles you want to focus on Ki, reduced dmg, Yokai dmg + , toughness , defense and life mostly. As for skills, in sword you must have relentless for more ki, the ki pulse for high and mid stance, living water for both hi and mid stance and the mystic art must be sword of execution for more dmg behind an enemy. Everything else you can put in Melee Mastery. 

For Ninjutsu and Onmyo skills you must have for ninjutsu first Quick change scroll to cheat death once, sneak attack for enemies that do not notice you to crit behind them with triangle, medicine man for more elixirs to heal, power pills for more dmg, snakebite technique for more recurrent dmg and ninja tool mastery for more ninjutsu capacity. As for mystic art you want enlightenment to be able use ninjutsu instantly on you in combat.

For Onmyo skills you must get first Weakness talisman to weaken enemies for more dmg, sloth talisman so enemies are much slower, lightning talisman to have lightning on your weapon. panacea curefast so your elixirs heal for much more, steel talisman for more defense, carnage talisman for much more dmg in attacks, inanimate enchantment so your living weapon can be used longer, incantation mastery for more onmyo capacity and as for the mystic art you want awakening so you can cast instantly in combat onmyo. 

For stats on your armour and weapon i advice on the weapon you reroll chance to attack heart for much more dmg, on ranged weapon familiarity dmg bonus as it also count for your sword. On your gloves have attack and close combat attack increase for more dmg. As for accessoires the yata mirrior only drops from 3rd difficulty or higher but is very good as you can reflect arrows/bullets/handcannon back to enemy and instantly kill them and other accesoire is yasakani magatama so you dont need full sets of armour to get all bonuses.

Last i would advice to keep all your spirit stones and use them for hard fights or difficult parts as you can use your living weapon all the time which makes the game much easier.

Thank you and hope this helps someone! With this build i went to way of the nioh pretty easy and even that difficulty is going smoothly. You only need way of the demon for the trophy so this makes it a walk in the park! Good luck and have a nice day!

Going to use this build since I have the game at my backlog. Thanks!