White Knight Chronicles solo play guide

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck, I did both WKC1 and 2 solo back in 2014, the grind is real in these games, without taking it slowly and alternating them to other games, I’d have probably burned out. Just one advice, try to save materials until the very end, to avoid unnecessary farming, and bind only useful equipment, near the end you’ll then be able to split into two savegames, one where you’ll use materials for georama equipment, useful for quests, and the main save where you’ll unlock the binding trophies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 06/07/2023 at 1:58 AM, I-SilentEcho-I said:

what's your estimated platinum time? and I thought the servers were closed years ago so everything had to be done offline?

The estimated time is tough to guess, very tough. For WKC1 I'd say about 1000 hours, maybe? If you port that save into WKC2 it'd likely be about 1500 more (though there's some huge quality of life since you already have the 10 million you need to spend). It's a very long and painful grind, though it doesn't feel as long as you expect. Yes though, it does have to be all offline (which is why it's so time consuming) the Vellgander superdungeon + Madoras the superboss included! It's not impossible to kill him and the very few videos demonstrating offer a remarkably comprehensive guide, so it should be replicable. Is that everything you wanted to know? ^^

• Like 2

On 12/07/2023 at 8:28 AM, Bacon_Fluff said:

The estimated time is tough to guess, very tough. For WKC1 I'd say about 1000 hours, maybe? If you port that save into WKC2 it'd likely be about 1500 more (though there's some huge quality of life since you already have the 10 million you need to spend). It's a very long and painful grind, though it doesn't feel as long as you expect. Yes though, it does have to be all offline (which is why it's so time consuming) the Vellgander superdungeon + Madoras the superboss included! It's not impossible to kill him and the very few videos demonstrating offer a remarkably comprehensive guide, so it should be replicable. Is that everything you wanted to know? ^^

Yes, that was more than I was hoping for! Thank you ^^

• Like 2

I'm happy to help! i also noticed the absence of one, so I'm creating a full - comprehensive errand guide through my playthrough now. I wanted to take a small break, so...

The format looks something like 

Errand 01: [Errand name]

Unlocked When: 

Quest Giver and location: 

Steps:

Prime location for [quest item]:

Reward:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 7:58 PM, I-SilentEcho-I said:

what's your estimated platinum time? and I thought the servers were closed years ago so everything had to be done offline?

Mine was over 700 hours and that was within the first year of the games release, took me like 10 months to platinum. It was rough, even with the community being the most active during the first year.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2023 at 12:55 AM, Laxus-0 said:

is the game hard at all or just tedious?

A bit of both. a lot of content needs a lot of skill to do properly, and most content is the same. For the most part though you'll just be playing the quest Only Game in Town repeatedly, which is not especially difficult (though optimising it takes skill). Overall the game isn't difficult, you just need to learn mastery of the systems at play to do things like Madoras or 50 S ranks quests.

Edited by Bacon_Fluff
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 6:28 PM, AmonHawk said:

Yo Fluff thanks for the guide. I will soon be GR10. Have a question: is it possible to farm featherlight ore somewhere at GR10 missions for General armor?

The ideal place is the crate and broken crate next to the house in Brave Litton's Plight III. Not only do they drop Featherlight Ore, they also drop Bloodsteel Ore and Rough Rubies - also needed for the gearset. I dropped my data below to give an idea of what to expect:

Crate:

- Iron Sand Grain: 22%

- Gold Ore: 19%

- Steel Ore: 17%

- Black Iron Ore: 16%

- Featherlight Ore: 14% (Always seems to drop all at once?)

- Bloodsteel Ore: 13%

Broken Crate:

- Morion Shard: 29%

- Luminous Stone: 19%

- Crystal: 14%

- Amethyst Shard: 14%

- Rough Sapphire: 12%

- Rough Ruby: 11%

hope this helps! :)

Edited by Bacon_Fluff
clearing up the data because of a larger source to base it on
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bacon_Fluff said:

The ideal place is the crate and broken crate next to the house in Brave Litton's Plight III. Not only do they drop Featherlight Ore, they also drop Bloodsteel Ore and Rough Rubies - also needed for the gearset. I dropped my data below to give an idea of what to expect:

Crate:

- Black Iron Ore: 20.9%

- Steel Ore: 19.8%

- Iron Sand Grain: 18.6%

- Gold Ore: 16.3%

- Bloodsteel Ore: 12.8%

- Featherlight Ore: 11.6%

Broken Crate:

- Morion Shard: 32.9%

- Luminous Stone: 26.6%

- Crystal: 12.7%

- Rough Sapphire: 12.5%

- Amethyst Shard: 10.1%

- Rough Ruby: 5.1%

hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the answer! I've already created General's cuirass and General's Pants. I mined ore in Sprog Cleaning 2, there are 4 spots where you can get featherlight ore and one spot with fuelstone lump + some coins from spiders. Also made an Emerald spear, got chromium pearls 7 for completing Research assistant 2 quests with the best time of ~44min at B rank.

I want to make a Faerie bow: 30 Faerie Mask + 50 Snow-cotton Boll. You can get the first one from Kibbles in Memorial Servant 3 quest, do you know where to get snow-cotton bolls?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmonHawk said:

Thanks for the answer! I've already created General's cuirass and General's Pants. I mined ore in Sprog Cleaning 2, there are 4 spots where you can get featherlight ore and one spot with fuelstone lump + some coins from spiders. Also made an Emerald spear, got chromium pearls 7 for completing Research assistant 2 quests with the best time of ~44min at B rank.

I want to make a Faerie bow: 30 Faerie Mask + 50 Snow-cotton Boll. You can get the first one from Kibbles in Memorial Servant 3 quest, do you know where to get snow-cotton bolls?

oh, I'm glad you found a better one! especially for fuelstone lumps - do you think you could drop the route you took?

the chromium pearl information is also so helpful, thank you! :)

my usual method for snow cotton bolls is Tomb Raiders II in Dogma Rift, the flowers right by the logic stone have a pretty decent drop rate for them

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bacon_Fluff said:

oh, I'm glad you found a better one! especially for fuelstone lumps - do you think you could drop the route you took?

the chromium pearl information is also so helpful, thank you! :)

my usual method for snow cotton bolls is Tomb Raiders II in Dogma Rift, the flowers right by the logic stone have a pretty decent drop rate for them

I don't know if this path is better or not. To farm money/ore/sapphires - Sprog cleaning 2: go through the first gate, kill the spiders in the center and a little further, to the right of the entrance there will be a spot with rubies, to the left - a box with planks. Go to the fork - kill the spiders, go to the right and take the elevator down, there will be two places with cool ores straight ahead, then go to the lizards - kill and loot 3 places (ore, rubies and a box). Return to the fork and go straight, kill the spiders and lizards, where the lizards will be a spot with fuelstone lumps/wywern fossils, closer to the elevator there will be a place with ore. Go down the elevator and loot two places with butterflies, go further to the lizard, there will be a place with rubies. Next is the elevator - finish the quest.
The fastest place to get fuelstone lumps that I found is Lost Childtren 3: go to the first chest with a key (there will be a place with ore), then go to the gate, to the right of the gate there will be another place with ore and a box, then go through the gate and from the fork to the right, there will be the desired point with a fuelstone lump/wywern fossil. By that time I had already farmed ore, so I was running purely for FL/WF.

I want to tell you about a couple more things, you will need a lot of scorpion tails+, you can farm them in the Belly of the Beast 2 from red scorpions (drop chance 7%). Also you need a ton of troll armor suits, i farm them in Memorial Servant 3. So i kill Kibbles for faeirie masks(15% drop chance) and AC then kill Trolls(troll armor suits - 17%, troll claw+ - 12%) and there is few spots with century-tree planks that you need for enchanting Emerald spear. I advise you to first make an Emerald spear and forge it at +8 before starting farming. You can also byu red corpion tails+(60k$) and troll armor suits(72k$) from Georama but it's insainly pricy.

Regarding the emerald spear - it is super easy to enchant it at +8. Chronium pearls 8 for A rank Lost Children 3 <20-25min(not sure) and less then 40k pts(kill only spiders where you found Teanna), Chromium pearls 9 for S rank same quest <20min and >40k pts (kill spiders where you found Teanna + one random unlucky spider on the way).

Good luck! :D

1 hour ago, AmonHawk said:

I don't know if this path is better or not. To farm money/ore/sapphires - Sprog cleaning 2: go through the first gate, kill the spiders in the center and a little further, to the right of the entrance there will be a spot with rubies, to the left - a box with planks. Go to the fork - kill the spiders, go to the right and take the elevator down, there will be two places with cool ores straight ahead, then go to the lizards - kill and loot 3 places (ore, rubies and a box). Return to the fork and go straight, kill the spiders and lizards, where the lizards will be a spot with fuelstone lumps/wywern fossils, closer to the elevator there will be a place with ore. Go down the elevator and loot two places with butterflies, go further to the lizard, there will be a place with rubies. Next is the elevator - finish the quest.
The fastest place to get fuelstone lumps that I found is Lost Childtren 3: go to the first chest with a key (there will be a place with ore), then go to the gate, to the right of the gate there will be another place with ore and a box, then go through the gate and from the fork to the right, there will be the desired point with a fuelstone lump/wywern fossil. By that time I had already farmed ore, so I was running purely for FL/WF.

I want to tell you about a couple more things, you will need a lot of scorpion tails+, you can farm them in the Belly of the Beast 2 from red scorpions (drop chance 7%). Also you need a ton of troll armor suits, i farm them in Memorial Servant 3. So i kill Kibbles for faeirie masks(15% drop chance) and AC then kill Trolls(troll armor suits - 17%, troll claw+ - 12%) and there is few spots with century-tree planks that you need for enchanting Emerald spear. I advise you to first make an Emerald spear and forge it at +8 before starting farming. You can also byu red corpion tails+(60k$) and troll armor suits(72k$) from Georama but it's insainly pricy.

Regarding the emerald spear - it is super easy to enchant it at +8. Chronium pearls 8 for A rank Lost Children 3 <20-25min(not sure) and less then 40k pts(kill only spiders where you found Teanna), Chromium pearls 9 for S rank same quest <20min and >40k pts (kill spiders where you found Teanna + one random unlucky spider on the way).

Good luck! :D

thank you very much! :) I'll absolutely include both of these methods in the guide. Your Sprog Cleaning 2 method is slower, but it has the added benefit of being able to be done while you grind exp to rebirth, so it's helpful to add. 

Your other information about monster parts is also insanely helpful! Thank you so much! If the emerald spear is the best wind spear, what about the other 3 elements? or should I just enchant it with them?

finally, I assume you got your 8 Earth Beast Claw+ from the Greavers in Research Assistant II? and the hard massive jaw is definitely from Memorial Servant III, I think 

overall, thank you so much for the help!! :)) 

35 minutes ago, Bacon_Fluff said:

If the emerald spear is the best wind spear, what about the other 3 elements? or should I just enchant it with them?

You need GR11 spears with different elements, for now only wind ES is ok i guess. I recently got this so need more time to test it. 

38 minutes ago, Bacon_Fluff said:

I assume you got your 8 Earth Beast Claw+ from the Greavers in Research Assistant II? and the hard massive jaw is definitely from Memorial Servant III

Nah they do not drop Earth Beast Claw+, it is GR10+ Megalo Tigris but you do not need this cuz Centurion fists(+5: HP+21/STR+8/DEX+8) much better then General's fist(+5: HP+22/MP+2/SPR+7), so my goal for now it's to get 8 troll claws+ for Centurion fists + grind Faerie masks at the same time-> then enchant all my armor +5 -> kill Ahwahnee(well at least try)  for hard massive jaws 4pcs(2% chance D:) for General's Boots -> +5 General's Boots -> do some quest -> create stuff for BSC3 S rank.