RE4 Remake Speedrun Skips & Shortcuts Video Guides

wolker4

On 03/04/2023 at 7:51 PM, h4mx0r said:

I tried to do the Chapter 14 skip like that one reddit link but I just couldn't pull it off. I hope someone finds a more reliable method of making it work.

Wouldn't say my previous comment (late on Page 3) is "more reliable", but I just pulled it off and the above ^^^ is my tips. Hopefully it can help someone; I'll be using it again for my Pro NG run which I'm starting tonight, so I'll see if I can test it a bit more  in a couple of days. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

9 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I think it's worth people trying the door skip on Ch. 14. It 100% works, I did it on Xbox and I've seen YT videos of others doing this on PS5.

I used this skip in my S+ run too and I strongly recommend it. Only took me 10 attempts to pull it off on PS5. I saved at the beginning of Chapter 14 (so you can try again when you mess up and don't lose a lot of time) and didn't save before Krauser, because you can get back to the boss in a couple of minutes using this skip.

2 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

I used this skip in my S+ run too and I strongly recommend it. Only took me 10 attempts to pull it off on PS5. I saved at the beginning of Chapter 14 (so you can try again when you mess up and don't lose a lot of time) and didn't save before Krauser, because you can get back to the boss in a couple of minutes using this skip.

You can apparently do it in Ch. 10 in the ballroom and get to the watchtower immediately, which makes capacity compliance automatic. Would be the best skip in the entire game - unfortunately, the game apparently crashes at Salazar because you haven't done any of the chapters before, so unfortunately, doesn't help for Pro.  Make that trickish trophy trivial, though. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

On 31/03/2023 at 0:01 PM, wolker4 said:

Added a new skip for the sanctuary approach area in chapter 15. This works on any difficulty... 

I can't, for the live of me, get this chapter 15 skip right. The times I've got the Novistador to attack me, I died by the laser turret. Maybe it works only with 60fps on PS5? I'm playing on PS4.

Just now, FlashbekBR said:

I can't, for the live of me, get this chapter 15 skip right. The times I've got the Novistador to attack me, I died by the laser turret. Maybe it works only with 60fps on PS5? I'm playing on PS4.

Sounds silly, but look at the Novistador as soon as you get to the turret. In general, enemies seem to be more aggressive if you look at them. It's why looking to the ceiling helps avoid Novistador damage in the ballroom.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlashbekBR said:

3 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Sounds silly, but look at the Novistador as soon as you get to the turret. In general, enemies seem to be more aggressive if you look at them. It's why looking to the ceiling helps avoid Novistador damage in the ballroom.  

I couldn't, for the life of me, pull off the automatic gun skips in chapters 13 & 15 on pro difficulty in a dozen attempts. In chapter 13, the pig guy almost always gets stuck in the door and then is teleported behind you for some reason. In chapter 15, you'll die most of the time before the Novistador reaches you. I don't recommend to try these unless you have a save right before that area.

1 minute ago, proud2bNs said:

I couldn't, for the life of me, pull off the automatic gun skips in chapters 13 & 15 on pro difficulty in a dozen attempts. In chapter 13, the pig guy almost always gets stuck in the door and then is teleported behind you for some reason. In chapter 15, you'll die most of the time before the Novistador reaches you. I don't recommend to try these unless you have a save right before that area.

I couldn't get Ch. 13 Wharf skip to work on Standard S+, but I did on Hardcore S+. The key is to be pretty fast getting there,  and hug the wall to the right of the door, otherwise he either doesn't come to you or goes elsewhere. You need to shoot his gun, too. 

Both are by save points, so unless you're doing Pro S+, not too bad. 

15 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Does it makes a difference to just look at it and aim your gun at it? Maybe if I aim it tends to move away?

7 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

I could do the chapter 13 one but it wasn't as smooth as the video showed.

This isn't substantiated with sources, but someone on TA told me that they've heard a lot of skips could get patched on 5 April (today). Luck would have it the day I'm due to start my Professional NG run they patch the shit out of it. Fingers crossed they don't. 

My guess is they patch some of the most obvious skips - e.g. door skips - but not some of the more unique ones that are gameplay specific (e.g. Ch. 7 Garridor skip). 

Edited by PhantomFear94

8 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

This isn't substantiated with sources, but someone on TA told me that they've heard a lot of skips could get patched on 5 April (today). Luck would have it the day I'm due to start my Professional NG run they patch the shit out of it. Fingers crossed they don't. 

My guess is they patch some of the most obvious skips - e.g. door skips - but not some of the more unique ones that are gameplay specific (e.g. Ch. 7 Garridor skip). 

Oh f*ck me. I was hoping to skip all chapter 14 on professional. Maybe I can play it unpatched if I let my console offline for a few days?

8 minutes ago, FlashbekBR said:

Oh f*ck me. I was hoping to skip all chapter 14 on professional. Maybe I can play it unpatched if I let my console offline for a few days?

I'm playing on Xbox; hoping that if I leave my console offline until Ch. 16 I can do the same. Fingers crossed. 

It is definitely professional with the 2 crossbow guys in the beginning and the damage taken. However it seems a bit luck dependend. High risk - high reward, I would say.

@wolker4 you are doing a pretty good job in visualizing the strats. For the AA turret skip: you only need 1 heavy and 1 normal grenade. Damage can sometimes not be registered, if you throw it on a specific spot.

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks, just a helpful tip though, its quicker to destroy breakables with the jab

I didnt even know that you can do jabs in this game. lol

7 hours ago, I-Kami-I said:

It is definitely professional with the 2 crossbow guys in the beginning and the damage taken. However it seems a bit luck dependend. High risk - high reward, I would say.

@wolker4 you are doing a pretty good job in visualizing the strats. For the AA turret skip: you only need 1 heavy and 1 normal grenade. Damage can sometimes not be registered, if you throw it on a specific spot.

Its definitely a bit luck depended but still better than killing all the enemies and wasting amo and you should make a save before you enter the water hall area, anyway. There is to much RNG in this game to make a strat that 100% works everytime. 

2 hours ago, FlashbekBR said:

So, apparently, there's some other way to skip Méndez. I don't know exactly how it works but it's probably a little faster than the other method if consistent.

I already added this method a few days ago to the main post. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, wolker4 said:

I already added this method a few days ago to the main post. 

My bad. When I saw the post, the method was using the rifle scope on the stairs. I skimmed through the topic looking for this "new strat" but didn't noticed the change. Sorry again :v.

Anyone know if it's possible to do a door skip on Chapter 9 where you can get to the Merchant that leads to the clocktower?

edit: As I posted this I actually got it to work by using the crouch method: https://i.imgur.com/cQYODdP.mp4

edit 2: The clocktower had zero enemies but when I opened the door that leads to Salazar, the game gave me an infinite loading screen (PS4 version).

Edited by Mog

3 hours ago, Mog said:

edit 2: The clocktower had zero enemies but when I opened the door that leads to Salazar, the game gave me an infinite loading screen (PS4 version).

Likely because you're missing an important key item for later ? So it's trying to tell you not to do that to not waste a few more hours of your time.

You can cheese the cabin fight in Ch. 5 and make it substantially easier without shooting a bullet. You need a scoped rifle and a grenade to finish it off; I'd recommend 1x health spray too. 

This Semi-tested, had limited time before work and got the clip to work easily, but need to test after the ladder cutscene as I accidentally unclipped through the wall. But the wall glitch 100% works, and it works on Pro. 

After the cutscene when running to the cabin, quickly get all the supplies around the cabin for some free ammo and such, and quickly go to the open door that leads to the balcony on the upper level. Easier to do this before enemies run upstairs.

Take a couple of steps forward to the balcony wall/railing/sheet dead ahead of you, do a 180 (you should be facing the open door you just stepped through), and use your scoped weapon to aim at your feet whilst moving right. Don't crouch, stand and move right briskly.

When doing this eventually you clip into the wall and you will be removed from scope view and stuck in the wall; however keep holding aim even though you won't be aiming through your scope. Wait 5 mins for the ladder cutscene, you don't need to do anything, the enemies cannot hit you. Then, wait another minute so that a ****ton of enemies congregate by the balcony you're on. Eventually, you'll need to unclip by moving forward, and quickly throw a grenade or two into the crowd. Might be worth having a health kit handy as you'll probably get grabbed.  Video throws a grenade about a minute after this, and killing 5 enemies with 1-2 grenades finished the fight for them. Can't verify video difficulty but in principle should be possible on any difficulty, NG or NG+.

Original video RESIDENT EVIL 4 REMAKE - Cabin Fight with Zero Shots Fired | 1 Grenade | NG HC no Rocket Launcher - YouTube 

3 hours ago, Mog said:

Anyone know if it's possible to do a door skip on Chapter 9 where you can get to the Merchant that leads to the clocktower?

edit: As I posted this I actually got it to work by using the crouch method: https://i.imgur.com/cQYODdP.mp4

Is this Chapter 10?? Can't visualise getting there in Ch. 9, only at the very start of Ch. 10 where the Novistador will already be there? Would be super helpful to know.

I will test this - I would posit it's probably still worth doing this as so to get the merchant save point, just don't board the gondola. It'll make the ballroom much easier on Professional as there is a save point in the central part of the room for you, meaning you can do a lever, save half the distance, do the other, save, and then bee-line for the double garador room which is one of the hardest fights in the game rather than trying to combine all these things. At least, I imagine so. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

You can cheese the cabin fight in Ch. 5 and make it substantially easier without shooting a bullet. You need a scoped rifle and a grenade to finish it off; I'd recommend 1x health spray too. 

This Semi-tested, had limited time before work and got the clip to work easily, but need to test after the ladder cutscene as I accidentally unclipped through the wall. But the wall glitch 100% works, and it works on Pro. 

After the cutscene when running to the cabin, quickly get all the supplies around the cabin for some free ammo and such, and quickly go to the open door that leads to the balcony on the upper level. Easier to do this before enemies run upstairs.

Take a couple of steps forward to the balcony wall/railing/sheet dead ahead of you, do a 180 (you should be facing the open door you just stepped through), and use your scoped weapon to aim at your feet whilst moving right. Don't crouch, stand and move right briskly.

When doing this eventually you clip into the wall and you will be removed from scope view and stuck in the wall; however keep holding aim even though you won't be aiming through your scope. Wait 5 mins for the ladder cutscene, you don't need to do anything, the enemies cannot hit you. Then, wait another minute so that a ****ton of enemies congregate by the balcony you're on. Eventually, you'll need to unclip by moving forward, and quickly throw a grenade or two into the crowd. Might be worth having a health kit handy as you'll probably get grabbed.  Video throws a grenade about a minute after this, and killing 5 enemies with 1-2 grenades finished the fight for them. Can't verify video difficulty but in principle should be possible on any difficulty, NG or NG+.

Original video RESIDENT EVIL 4 REMAKE - Cabin Fight with Zero Shots Fired | 1 Grenade | NG HC no Rocket Launcher - YouTube 

Nice one, I added it to the main post! 

Sweet finds y’all. This is one of the best parts of playing the game together and coming together as a community in pursuit of trophy hunting and game completion. The ingenuity and creativity of various gameplay tactics is fun to see and try for ourselves. Thanks @wolker4 for compiling and uploading videos to showcase the different strats. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Is the grenade needed? I am in work, but quickly looked at your vid and it appears you just waited about 10 mins and didn't throw the grenade? Apologies if I'm wrong. 

Nah, all I needed was a rifle with a scope on it. After a specific amount of time you can get out of the wall and the last cutscene will start. If you get pushed out of the wall then you can just walk backwards inside the wall again while scoping with your rifle at the ground.