Useful information in 2023

ThatDrunkGuy

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

@ThatDrunkGuy

Great tips man I'll definitely be trying this hopefully soon. I can obviously back up my progress before deleting it yeah? And go back to it after doing some of the stuff that's easier on 1.0?

You can for sure. I started over because I was just out of money on the old save and didn't have many attachments. I wanted to set up a good base by running rats till I had everything I needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

You can for sure. I started over because I was just out of money on the old save and didn't have many attachments. I wanted to set up a good base by running rats till I had everything I needed.

Ok cool. I played it a lot a long time ago and I seem to remember having a lot of stuff unlocked but I guess I'll find out when I go for this. ?

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mezarel said:

And for Short Fuse trophy?alone is impossibile 

Post in the boosting thread and make a session. Once you get 4 players(that's the hardest thing about the trophy), just rush the Rats job to day 3 on easiest difficulty. Rush the bus, put down turrets outside, open all cases(don't touch the money!), and break all windows. When the counter on screen reaches 1m20s everyone take one bundle of cash, toss it outside, grab second bundle and get out. Throw all the money in the chopper(without missing!) and you're done. We did it twice in a row with no issue...so definitely recommend this with 4 players only.

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2023 at 11:25 AM, Mezarel said:

And for Short Fuse trophy?alone is impossibile 

In theory there might be a very very small chance you can do it solo. You would have to empty at least 4-5 cases without getting a single bomb and then quickly grab 3-2 cases and exit the bus before the bombs go off. In practice, this is as good as impossible. Therefore follow ThatDrunkGuy's advice and find a group to do it with. With 4 people it is always possible to get 7 bags regardless of luck. However, it might take a few attempts (restarts) to be fast enough.

Good luck if you decide to go back for it!

• 8 months later...
On 3/27/2023 at 7:10 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Getting to level 100 is again with Rats Day 3. Set up a shotgun/armor/turret build for the final grind. Run to the bus along the left, shotgun blast the front of the bus, place a turret at their feet, then run back. Hit start as you enter the circle and restart. You'll hear the xp counting after the restart...takes about 35 seconds per run plus loading time. Around 100k xp each run with the fast learning perk.

Cheers!

So I've been doing Rats on overkill and restarting the last day and I'm only getting around 37k a run, is there something I'm missing? I have both fast learner aced

2 hours ago, cw4193 said:

So I've been doing Rats on overkill and restarting the last day and I'm only getting around 37k a run, is there something I'm missing? I have both fast learner aced

I'll answer here so it can help others, just in case.

I'm sure my numbers are correct, so something is off. If it's a max-level job, with Fast Learner maxed it should work the way it did for me. Are you on current patch or 1.0? Just make sure you knocked out all the other trophies listed for 1.0, and then update the game. It could be that the patch upped the xp earned.

This will help you guys grinding for level 100:

The video itself is 7 years old. I tried the method 4 years ago and It worked perfectly. There were no patches for years so I bet this is still working. I even found my old comment under the video, here you go: 

I even managed to optimize this method:
- use second strongest armor and bring 2 sentry guns with you
- put the first sentry gun on top of the left police car in front of you
- put the second in the bus and you can directly return to the starting point, sentry will kill the mendozas
- my best run was 38 seconds, I found this video when I was on level 70, 3.5 hours later I reached level 100

• Like 1

So looking at the video that must be a later update bc it shows XP and loot on the load page but version 1.00 doesn't. I thought they got rid of the "restart" prompt on the later patches so I'll give it a shot in a bit.

2 hours ago, cw4193 said:

So looking at the video that must be a later update bc it shows XP and loot on the load page but version 1.00 doesn't. I thought they got rid of the "restart" prompt on the later patches so I'll give it a shot in a bit.

So it is the 1.04 update. In 1.00 you can restart after collecting the payday card/weapon mod, in 1.04 you have to restart as soon as you hear your character speak about completing the mission after crossing the line. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Which spot does a bag have to hit to be duplicated? The space between the lights? Or does it need to hit a light or both lights? 

Going off memory, it was the top back corner of the van...your best bet is to look up a vid for it.

30 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Going off memory, it was the top back corner of the van...your best bet is to look up a vid for it.

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get it to work on Nightclub but when I tried at Garage Escape it didn't work, I couldn't get the trophy for escaping with 8 bags since I only had 7 and the trick didn't work.

Edited by Deceptrox

26 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get it to work on Nightclub but when I tried at Garage Escape it didn't work, I couldn't get the trophy for escaping with 8 bags since I only had 7 and the trick didn't work.

I left Rats day 1 with five bags, but only duped 4 and left during the Garage escape...time is tight on this solo. 

23 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I left Rats day 1 with five bags, but only duped 4 and left during the Garage escape...time is tight on this solo. 

Time is not a problem, I get to the van with all bags around 2 minutes left, the issue is that the trick is not working.

I played this game years ago and absolutely loved it.  I picked it up for cheap on PS4, but never got around to playing it.  I have the first game too, also never got around to playing it, unfortunately.  But I really loved this game.  I still go back and play from time to time.  I don't like playing in groups, even if I know the other people in real life, its just how I prefer my games.  If I have to play online or coop for trophies, I will, but then once done, I immediately go back to playing alone.  And with that said, the only trophy in this game I needed help with was Short Fuse.  After many trial and errors, it just wasn't possible solo.  I ended up finding 2 people to play with just for this trophy, but we kept getting caught in the explosion, so we ended up getting a 4th, and did it first try.  But all the other trophies I did solo.  I love playing Framing Frame solo, and can make it to all vault locations, but of course the closest allows 2-3 bags at a time.  Firestarter is very hard solo, but doable.  Big Oil solo is also one of my favs.  And I do them on whatever the latest patch is (which I assume it's been the same for many years now).  Man, now I want to play this game again, lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matto_lsi said:

I played this game years ago and absolutely loved it.  I picked it up for cheap on PS4, but never got around to playing it.  I have the first game too, also never got around to playing it, unfortunately.  But I really loved this game.  I still go back and play from time to time.  I don't like playing in groups, even if I know the other people in real life, its just how I prefer my games.  If I have to play online or coop for trophies, I will, but then once done, I immediately go back to playing alone.  And with that said, the only trophy in this game I needed help with was Short Fuse.  After many trial and errors, it just wasn't possible solo.  I ended up finding 2 people to play with just for this trophy, but we kept getting caught in the explosion, so we ended up getting a 4th, and did it first try.  But all the other trophies I did solo.  I love playing Framing Frame solo, and can make it to all vault locations, but of course the closest allows 2-3 bags at a time.  Firestarter is very hard solo, but doable.  Big Oil solo is also one of my favs.  And I do them on whatever the latest patch is (which I assume it's been the same for many years now).  Man, now I want to play this game again, lol.

I also only boost when it's absolutely necessary or when it's a pvp game. Regarding the older Payday games most trophies can be done with the bots and I like a challenge. I was this close to get 3 briefcases without C-4, the first 2 on the right and the first on the left from front to back, I then went for last briefcase on the right and it was booby-trapped. I will keep trying, hopefully I could get it solo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 9:04 PM, Deceptrox said:

I also only boost when it's absolutely necessary or when it's a pvp game. Regarding the older Payday games most trophies can be done with the bots and I like a challenge. I was this close to get 3 briefcases without C-4, the first 2 on the right and the first on the left from front to back, I then went for last briefcase on the right and it was booby-trapped. I will keep trying, hopefully I could get it solo.

I just earned "Short Fuse" in offline mode after trying for the last few days. There were a couple of times before that where I managed to get the first 4 briefcases that I opened free of C-4, they were the same in all three ocassions: the first 2 briefcases of each side when I entered from the front door. I had to restart a lot to get those specific 4, though.

The first time I was able to get 6 bags but was short on time to get the seventh out because I moved while interacting with the money of each of the 3 briefcases I decided to empty and due to that I spent a few more seconds trying to get in the right spot to get the prompt to bag the money which made lost precious time.

The second time I panicked when it seemed that I was placing a doctor bag instead of throwing the fifth bag out of the bus, I wasn't even able to bag a sixth pile of money, and I don't even know if I actually bagged a fifth pile of money. It was a total fiasco.

Finally the third time, the one that was successful where I learned from my mistakes so I stayed still with my back facing the rear exit in a spot where I could interact with all bags in my vicinity by simply moving the right stick a little and reacting as soon as I got the prompt to bag the money. It took a little practice to get the right timing (when I didn't get the first 4 briefcases free of C-4 I defused the bomb and practiced) but fortunately for me when I got the third chance I was able to pull it off despite having to re-enter the bus and get out one bag that got stuck while I tried to throw it out through the window but since I managed to get it out before the whole bus exploded, I was good to go.

Don't attempt it solo unless you can't get enough people or people at all (like me) to boost this trophy, and/or if you are really determined to get it that way even if this means you will get frustrated most of the times, especially if you manage to get 4 bags without triggering a single C-4 only to screw that chance. Good luck if you decide to earn it solo, it won't be easy by any means but you can totally do it.

Edited by Deceptrox

On 3/27/2023 at 12:10 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I played this game years ago, and gave up on it because I thought most everything would require a good team. I didn't have luck with randoms, so the game was deleted. I don't remember the first set of trophies I earned on this game, but nothing was too complicated(guides then and now are great). The completionist in me had me coming back years later. I was surprised to see it's mostly possible solo, so I wanted to post some tips I used. All credit goes to the others that posted these various things online. I just wanted to put them all in one place for others in the future on this forum. Add to it if you have suggestions for others.

First thing I did was delete my old progress and install the game with no patches(keep it offline). Get to level 10 learning the game then choose the Rats job. Day 1 blow up the lab and leave. Day 2 go loud to alert the gang and slowly look for the safe, this gives them time to destroy the intel. Find the burning safe and you can then just run back to the van. Day 3 just run to the bus, kill the gang, grab one bundle of cash, and run back...after you select a card press start and restart the mission. At some point you'll want to stop this to select rats again at a higher level. You can't buy jobs on 1.0, but I think you can go to the safehouse to reset the posted jobs. Just keep gearing up(recommend a shotgun/armor/turret build) and raising the level of the Rats job till you get to level 60. At that point you should have plenty of cash and attachments, so back up your save. Pick a job/trophy to go for, respec to get it, then exit game and reload the save to get all the cash back.

Everything from the Framing Frame job should be done on 1.0 - use domination to get the cops to cuff themselves, pre-patch the other cops ignore the dominated. On the last day, only check the bookcases on the same level as the desk and reset if it's not there...with the perks mentioned in the guides you can get the gold out solo.

Guessing Game should be done on 1.0 - other cops ignoring dominated cops helps(ignore the cameras since broken ones alert cops). I just kept reloading the mission, rushed right for the first circuit box on the first floor. If no alarm I went right upstairs to the first box I found since everything I read says there is one good box on each floor(close boxes since open boxes also alert cops). It took about 20 restarts to get lucky. Dominate up to 4 cops, kill the rest(respond to pager) and bag the bodies...but really you should avoid all cops and cameras if possible. You can walk right out the door you came in to safety if it goes well.

At this point I think it's safe to update to the current patch, but keep the save backed up for respecs.

They see me Baggin' - Rats on the easiest difficulty and make 4 bags(you need this anyway for Caribbean Pirate, I made 5 just in case). Blow up the lab to get a better chance for escape. You'll want shaped charges/perk for throwing bags farther, and look up a vid for duping bags. Solo I got it done with only about 20 seconds to spare.

Caribbean Pirate - Put the 4 bags in the truck, then go to where the gang opens the safe. Go loud killing then grab the intel and money, then grab the meth from the truck. 

You Shall Not Pass! - When you get this escape, possibly from Rats, restart till you spawn under the bridge. Just stay by the crashed van, by the concrete barrier near the front of the van. The trophy will unlock as soon as the exit is available if no cop went on the bridge. Just restart if you didn't get it.

King of the Hill - Wherever you spawn, run to the parking lot across the street. If you go to the very corner of the map it's likely they will never enter the park. Again restart if you don't get it once the exit is available. 

Getting to level 100 is again with Rats Day 3. Set up a shotgun/armor/turret build for the final grind. Run to the bus along the left, shotgun blast the front of the bus, place a turret at their feet, then run back. Hit start as you enter the circle and restart. You'll hear the xp counting after the restart...takes about 35 seconds per run plus loading time. Around 100k xp each run with the fast learning perk.

Cheers!

I was able to complete Guessing Game and the Framing Frame jobs with your suggestion of rolling back to v. 1.0. thank you!

I am now considering to keep the v 1.0 for other trophies, as the Dominator skill is much better on this version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, israellaks said:

I am returning here to thank you again. I was able to get the Shall Not Pass and They See me Bagging following your tips. It helped me a lot!!

Cheers!

On 4/3/2024 at 12:22 AM, israellaks said:

I am now considering to keep the v 1.0 for other trophies, as the Dominator skill is much better on this version.

After you get most trophies, patch the game. You get more XP on the current version.

• Like 1