PSA: Alpha Centurion trophy - Tower Rotation

breakXedge

So the person was indeed right

But this is very good as the towers follow a set pattern :) (as I have discovered through a bit of digging)

There are 31 Towers in total, and once the 31st tower has appeared then it cycles back to the first.

We are currently on Tower 23/31

That means on the 5th November Tower 25 will be present.  This tower has more than 10 Tower Guards in it on floor 26  :)

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

According to the reddit, today is a repeat tower (Tower 41 if that means anything) and has 1 guard on floor 13

Gonna give it a run through in a bit to see if it is indeed true

There is one on floor 13 i can confirm. My question is...could i kill him, then die, then kill him again, die, kill again, die again, and kill him one more time? So i kill him 4 times, and then restart tower? Does that count as 4 tower guards killed?

Finally a tower guard! I am so glad to now have the 100% but that was such an unnecessary trophy. I can deal with a grind, it's the waiting around and literally not being able to do it that was frustrating.

Anyway, the fastest way to do it is as follows:

- Beat Tower level 12 on default without losing any lives.

- Use the totem to back out of the run.

- Back up your save file to cloud or USB.

- Go back on the game and into the Tower, then kill the tower guard on level 13 but then let the other enemies kill you. Repeat for your other three lives.

- Quit out of the game and download your back-up file (but only the Character Save - not the Profile & Settings!)

- Do this a total of 25 times.

It took me about 2/3 hours.

Edited by Ode2Destruxion

On 10/22/2023 at 2:17 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

According to the reddit, today is a repeat tower (Tower 41 if that means anything) and has 1 guard on floor 13

Gonna give it a run through in a bit to see if it is indeed true

Thanks for the info. Updated the first post and credited you.

By any chances, do you know how the rotaton work? As I started updating, the only week we had 1 guard at level 13 was on april 2nd.

3 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Thanks for the info. Updated the first post and credited you.

By any chances, do you know how the rotaton work? As I started updating, the only week we had 1 guard at level 13 was on april 2nd.

I have a current list I found (I think it was from a reddit post), it's about 95% complete

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TmVpKlqxDJczXFUscoafiqsWuIpMRumkY3yrVA4leSY/edit#gid=0

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 9:14 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

I have a current list I found (I think it was from a reddit post), it's about 95% complete

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TmVpKlqxDJczXFUscoafiqsWuIpMRumkY3yrVA4leSY/edit#gid=0

Do I interpret this correctly that we will have a tower with 10+ guards in two weeks (Nov. 5th) then?

Edit: nevermind - I did not notice that list also includes the dates and it says indeed Nov. 5th - 10+ guards. I'll be waiting two more weeks then!

Edited by kapitein

On 10/22/2023 at 8:49 AM, Dark_Overlord said:

So the person was indeed right

But this is very good as the towers follow a set pattern :) (as I have discovered through a bit of digging)

There are 31 Towers in total, and once the 31st tower has appeared then it cycles back to the first.

We are currently on Tower 23/31

That means on the 5th November Tower 25 will be present.  This tower has more than 10 Tower Guards in it on floor 26  :)

Is there a document anywhere detailing the floors (biomes too) and order of each tower somewhere? Would be really helpful in the future for other people doing this and the tourist trophy

Edited by TheToasterWaffle
forgor biomes

4 hours ago, TheToasterWaffle said:

I count 10 on Floor 26 this week. May have been 11 cause im not sure if my iron golem killed one just off screen at one point, but 10 Tower Guards +-1

Thank you.

I've updated the fisrst post with rotation. Don't know if it's 100% accurate. mixed the spreadsheet with my personal notes.

Edited by breakXedge

53 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Stand under him, he'll stand there and never hit you XD

Already got it, but thanks. I got lucky, it eventually  glitched and kept running in place after it spawned in. I just stood there sending arrows its way. Took about 200 arrows, but it went down.

After that, the rest of the tower was easy pickings on Adventure.

20 minutes ago, shadaik said:

Already got it, but thanks. I got lucky, it eventually  glitched and kept running in place after it spawned in. I just stood there sending arrows its way. Took about 200 arrows, but it went down.

After that, the rest of the tower was easy pickings on Adventure.

I'll be honest, there isn't much difference between Adventure and Apocalypse, the higher level items you get more than compensate for the difficulty increase :)  The final boss of the tower can be cheesed too

2 hours ago, shadaik said:

For anyone going for this: I'd suggest also making a backup before floor 23. That boss fight can easily cost you a life or two. Redstone Golem in a very small space with minecarts to watch out for is just annoying.

Watch youtube is really easy guides.

• 3 weeks later...