Trophy thoughts?

SolidJD

I've played the game for a couple of hours now. This game is a lot harder than the PGA 2K games, even on the lowest swing settings it's tough. Trophies are straight forward but the career mode will be time consuming as you have to play all four rounds of all the tournaments so that will be the biggest grind. Everything else should be pretty straight forward. But yeah plays a lot different to the PGA 2K game in terms of difficulty and feel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamNickzx said:

I've played the game for a couple of hours now. This game is a lot harder than the PGA 2K games, even on the lowest swing settings it's tough. Trophies are straight forward but the career mode will be time consuming as you have to play all four rounds of all the tournaments so that will be the biggest grind. Everything else should be pretty straight forward. But yeah plays a lot different to the PGA 2K game in terms of difficulty and feel.

Is the game really good though? It seems from the gameplay that it's a lot of fun and strategy seems to play a big part and how you attack a course.

34 minutes ago, BJRACINE21 said:

Is the game really good though? It seems from the gameplay that it's a lot of fun and strategy seems to play a big part and how you attack a course.

It's ok, just getting used to it at the moment. Think it will be a lot better when they add a 60FPS mode. Career mode is a bit annoying as your player so like a 67 overall and doesn't have access to certain shot type as you need to upgrade them etc and yeah the dispersion of the ball is high due to being a low level. Ball doesn't always go where you've aimed etc, so career mode can be a bit tricky as it's very slow to level up your player. But yeah more strategy need than PGA 2K23 for sure!

3 hours ago, SamNickzx said:

It's ok, just getting used to it at the moment. Think it will be a lot better when they add a 60FPS mode. Career mode is a bit annoying as your player so like a 67 overall and doesn't have access to certain shot type as you need to upgrade them etc and yeah the dispersion of the ball is high due to being a low level. Ball doesn't always go where you've aimed etc, so career mode can be a bit tricky as it's very slow to level up your player. But yeah more strategy need than PGA 2K23 for sure!

That’s back to old-school Tiger Woods gameplay then. If it’s like that series, you’ll be up to full speed midway through your first tour. 

I'd quite like to try this via the EA Play Trial, but don't want a 1% game stuck on my list.  Is "Makin' the Cut" part of the tutorial?... I remember something similar with Rory McIlroy.  Basically is it easy enough to avoid any trophies within a few hours gameplay then delete whilst still at 0%.

Edited by Topov81

31 minutes ago, Topov81 said:

I'd quite like to try this via the EA Play Trial, but don't want a 1% game stuck on my list.  Is "Makin' the Cut" part of the tutorial?... I remember something similar with Rory McIlroy.  Basically is it easy enough to avoid any trophies within a few hours gameplay then delete whilst still at 0%.

There's no tutorial at the start of the game, so yeah you could download the trial and just play the "Quick Play" mode. But I guess there's a chance you could get the miscellaneous trophies in a round.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SamNickzx said:

I've nearly got the platinum, only have one trophy left. I'm half way through writing a trophy guide for this game, should have that submitted this evening as well! :)

Jeez you made fast work of that. Looking forward to your guide ?

30 minutes ago, SolidJD said:

Jeez you made fast work of that. Looking forward to your guide 1f44d.png

Thanks mate, it's a very short road to the platinum as you can skip a lot of the events in the career. I have an optimal career route in my guide. I've put the platinum time at 20 hours but this could easily be done in 12 - 15 hours.

On 05/04/2023 at 2:43 PM, SamNickzx said:

Thanks mate, it's a very short road to the platinum as you can skip a lot of the events in the career. I have an optimal career route in my guide. I've put the platinum time at 20 hours but this could easily be done in 12 - 15 hours.

If I was to download the 10 hour trial realistically how far into the platinum could I get? Have not played a golf game for years 

14 minutes ago, Hocking_1988 said:

If I was to download the 10 hour trial realistically how far into the platinum could I get? Have not played a golf game for years 

The biggest chunk of the platinum is the career mode. You could easily get the none career mode trophies in 10 hours and some of the career mode ones. I do have an optimal guide for the career mode, means you only have to play 7 events out of 24 and you'll get all career trophies. Each event takes about 1h 30mins or 2h's depending on how long it takes. So all of the career mode will take 14 hours if you win first time in all the below events. I've posted a snippet below from my upcoming trophy guide (waiting for it to be reviewed).

Note: It’s also recommended to create a cloud/usb save before any of the trophy related tournaments just in case you lose, this saves having to play another season.

General Career Mode Settings

• AI Scoring Difficulty: 50
  • AI Pairings: Off
  • Regular Events > Round Type: Quick
  • Major Events > Round Type: Full
  • The Players and EA Sports Championships > Round Type: Full
  • FedExCup Playoff Events > Round Type: Full

Tournament Season Path

1. Skip to WM Phoenix Open (Quick), just try and do as best as you can on this one, as long as you make the cut that will be enough to qualify for The Players Championship.
  2. Skip to The Players Championship (Full).
  3. Skip to The Masters Tournament (Full).
  4. Skip to The PGA Championship (Full).
  5. Skip to The US Open (Full). 
  6. Skip to The Open Championship (Full). 
  7. Skip to The TOUR Championship (Full).
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, SamNickzx said:

The biggest chunk of the platinum is the career mode. You could easily get the none career mode trophies in 10 hours and some of the career mode ones. I do have an optimal guide for the career mode, means you only have to play 7 events out of 24 and you'll get all career trophies. Each event takes about 1h 30mins or 2h's depending on how long it takes. So all of the career mode will take 14 hours if you win first time in all the below events. I've posted a snippet below from my upcoming trophy guide (waiting for it to be reviewed).

Note: It’s also recommended to create a cloud/usb save before any of the trophy related tournaments just in case you lose, this saves having to play another season.

General Career Mode Settings

• AI Scoring Difficulty: 50
  • AI Pairings: Off
  • Regular Events > Round Type: Quick
  • Major Events > Round Type: Full
  • The Players and EA Sports Championships > Round Type: Full
  • FedExCup Playoff Events > Round Type: Full

Tournament Season Path

1. Skip to WM Phoenix Open (Quick), just try and do as best as you can on this one, as long as you make the cut that will be enough to qualify for The Players Championship.
  2. Skip to The Players Championship (Full).
  3. Skip to The Masters Tournament (Full).
  4. Skip to The PGA Championship (Full).
  5. Skip to The US Open (Full). 
  6. Skip to The Open Championship (Full). 
  7. Skip to The TOUR Championship (Full).

Thanks for that, a great help. I have not played a golf game in a number of years. Is it fairly easy to pick up and play? For example could I jump straight into career mode?

8 minutes ago, Hocking_1988 said:

Thanks for that, a great help. I have not played a golf game in a number of years. Is it fairly easy to pick up and play? For example could I jump straight into career mode?

I've played golf games for a number of years now and found this one tough to get started with, it took me a few rounds to get used to it! But feel free to tweak the difficulty settings for your swing to make it easier in the menus!

I'd probably recommend a round outside of career mode first to get used to it, also in career mode your player is a very low rating think it's like 67 so some shots you'll hit perfect but will miss the green due to your player being a low rating (you can upgrade your golfer as you play). So yeah don't beat yourself up if you keep hitting bad shots, it's your golfer being a low rating most of the time!

On 4/4/2023 at 4:05 PM, SamNickzx said:

For anyone that has the H2H trophies, can these be unlocked in a private match. I've tried the competitive and social matchmaking options but I can never find an opponent... The trophies are Golfer Versus Golfer & Victory Lap

Unfortunately not.  Golfer vs Golfer (B) is a snap, you just need to play a match.  With the Victory Lap (S) trophy,  I got lucky playing the Amen Corner option (only 3 holes), using Scheffler and got matched against an opponent was using his created player (69 ovr vs 93 for Scheffler). I won by 1 shot.  If they remove that option though, the only ones left are to win over 9 or 18 holes and this isn't boostable.  So my suggestion to everyone is try to do this right away (also it says 2 to up to 16 players, so no idea I'd say there were 15 others if you have to beat them all or just one of them).  Once this game has been out a long time, it then might be possible to boost if you and a friend search at the exact same time, but given how EA shuts servers down I wouldn't risk it.

• Like 1

This is what I did last night while servers are low, me and a friend pressed match making at the same time and voila just us two in the Amen Corner 3 hole option :)

Any sure fire tips for the hole in one and 50 ft put trophies?

3 hours ago, R-Fresh said:

This is what I did last night while servers are low, me and a friend pressed match making at the same time and voila just us two in the Amen Corner 3 hole option :)

Any sure fire tips for the hole in one and 50 ft put trophies?

A few tips here for both of those trophies

Ace In The Hole

1. Go to Quick Play > Stroke Play > Pebble Beach
  2. Select Custom Hole Selection
  3. Deselect all holes apart from the 7th
  4. Select Confirm Hole Selection
  5. Pick Scottie Scheffler as your golfer
  6. Go to Round Settings and make the below adjustments;
  • Tee Location: Red
  • Hole Location: Thursday

All you simply need to do from this point is keep having a go at getting a hole in one, if you miss the hole in one then simply pause and click restart and try again. Keep repeating this until you get the trophy.

Note: Don't use the mulligan feature for this as it won't unlock, if you miss then you must restart in the menu and try again.

From Way Downtown (50ft Putt Trophy)

• Go to Challenges > Featured Challenges > The 2023 PLAYERS Championship > Round 4 Moments > Montgomery - Hole #11

This challenge has a 60 ft putt, if you just press the D-Pad left twice and just hit the putt then it should go in. You'll know you've hit it correct as you'll get a "Heartbeat Moment". If you do miss then putt then just keep trying, and restart if you missed all 5 putts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SamNickzx said:

A few tips here for both of those trophies

Ace In The Hole

1. Go to Quick Play > Stroke Play > Pebble Beach
  2. Select Custom Hole Selection
  3. Deselect all holes apart from the 7th
  4. Select Confirm Hole Selection
  5. Pick Scottie Scheffler as your golfer
  6. Go to Round Settings and make the below adjustments;
  • Tee Location: Red
  • Hole Location: Thursday

All you simply need to do from this point is keep having a go at getting a hole in one, if you miss the hole in one then simply pause and click restart and try again. Keep repeating this until you get the trophy.

Note: Don't use the mulligan feature for this as it won't unlock, if you miss then you must restart in the menu and try again.

From Way Downtown (50ft Putt Trophy)

• Go to Challenges > Featured Challenges > The 2023 PLAYERS Championship > Round 4 Moments > Montgomery - Hole #11

This challenge has a 60 ft putt, if you just press the D-Pad left twice and just hit the putt then it should go in. You'll know you've hit it correct as you'll get a "Heartbeat Moment". If you do miss then putt then just keep trying, and restart if you missed all 5 putts.

Thanks The hole in one worked great in an about 10 x attempts rolling back into the hole. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anke said:

Wow the servers are just empty for me constantly, this is worrying already.

I had the same issue as well, I was matchmaking for about 30 minutes before I found a game.

Edited by DaivRules
Please use the sessions to coordinate boosting