What is wrong with my headset?

Parker

I bought the new Sony wireless headset the day it released and am starting to have troubles. I don't think it is the headset but I can't for the life of me figure out how to solve my issue.

When I am on a wireless connection and turn the headset on, i get a message box on my PS3 that says "Connection Error" with some numbers (I suppose I should right those down, eh?) and then it proceeds to log me out of PSN. If I try to log back in with the headset on it won't let me, but if I turn the headset off and try to log back in seconds later it works with no problem at all.

My question is, why would a wireless headset mess with my internet signal and is there any way to fix my issue? Using an Ethernet cable is not in the cards due to the location of my router, but I have used the headset with an ethernet cable and there were no issues at all, only when I'm wireless does it sign me out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Parker

Write down the error code, that will help to track it down.

Is it just the PSN that you get kicked out of, or your net entirely? If it is the net, I would say that the wireless signal is interfering with your router the same way as cordless phones can. If that is the case, it is as simple as changing the channel on your router (channel 1 is a good choice) or set it to AUTO.

Keep us informed.

It sounds like a clash of signals, the headset one overpowering your router connection due to the distance from the PS3.

This is usually a problem with the channel number that both devices are trying to use the same one causing a conflict.

Normally devices default to 'Auto' but you can manually set a channel number.

I suggest as a first step that you check that both devices are having their channel numbers auto assigned, or manually set them to different channels.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It sounds like a clash of signals, the headset one overpowering your router connection due to the distance from the PS3.

This is usually a problem with the channel number that both devices are trying to use the same one causing a conflict.

Normally devices default to 'Auto' but you can manually set a channel number.

I suggest as a first step that you check that both devices are having their channel numbers auto assigned, or manually set them to different channels.

I agree with Pipsqweek. and since the headset auto sync with the PS3, I would check the channel the PS3 connects to router and change it.

cause if other devices in the household or even close enough to the router is on the same channel as the PS3, when the headset connects it will weaken the PS3 signal.

I had a similar issue with My PS3 connectivity where it would be connected 1 minute and then disconnected another. I checked signals in area and notice that there were 2 other signals with 80% and above within reach of My PS3 and manually set a specific channel and that solved My issue.

it's an option that may also work for you..

there is nothing wrong with headsets. BUT there r a lot of assholes that use them. and give shit 2 everyone for nothing :angry: :angry:

<_< and this comment makes no sense and really has nothing to do with OPs' issue. Edited by BDKSimba

In my info search for a new headset, I came across this problem. Simply changing the channel of your router should stop the conflict. I believe that most said simply jumping to the highest channel setting (11) would solve the problem.

^^ This, most likely a bluetooth/ wi fi interference, although if that was the case you would also be signed out of PSN if you have a cordless phone on the same channel and someone used it (ignore this, just something that used to happen to me)

But, change the channel of your router page which should be something similar to "192.168.x.x in the internet browser (the x's stand for numbers)

there is nothing wrong with headsets. BUT there r a lot of assholes that use them. and give shit 2 everyone for nothing :angry: :angry:

I have no friggin' clue what this even means or even has to do with the OP's question or concern.

Did you ever get them working properly James??

I have no friggin' clue what this even means or even has to do with the OP's question or concern.

Did you ever get them working properly James??

People need to actually read the post. Too often, they just look to bump up post counts and don't actually want to participate in a conversation.

Anyway, I still believe he's got the headset Wi-Fi interfering with the PS3/Wireless router signal. I still stand with changing the channel of the router to a different one will correct the problem.

Sorry I haven't responded to this in a while, I was having a lot if internet issues. We've replaced the router and modem (the modem was over 10 years old and the router was at least 6 years old) and now all is well and I'm having no issues with the headset anymore. Wireless makes using my G27 wheel, pedals and 6 speed shifter much more enjoyable with GT5. B)

Thanks for the help guys, I'm sure it will help many others who were in the same situation,

Parker

• Like 1