Platinum Basics

Fubang

Fun game and easy platinum.  Play through the game and have fun.  You'll need to play it through a second time with S ratings to get all the collectables.  Once you've done this your gallery on the main menu should be at 100% - play the Ideal Detective Skit.  Don't forget to look at all your lexicon entries. 

The most complicated trophy is Double Double Double - view 3 different special boost scenes - these happen when you infer and assist with two certain characters.  I *think* you can view the same scene multiple times to score the trophy, but I can't remember if I saw 3 unique scenes.  Regardless, the easiest one to find is with Mystic and Bookworm in the tutorial mission.  You'll probably get that one without even meaning to.  Maybe once someone has beaten the game they can go back and do that scene multiple times to see if the trophy pops.

• Like 4

For those wanting help for the special boost scenes here are the ones I triggered for the trophy.  Minor spoilers for the first 3 investigations (Names of a couple hotspots).

Spoiler

1) First Investigation: As listed above, Have Mystic boost Bookworm when investigating the fireplace. I believe this is automatic and part of the tutorial.

2) Second Investigation: Have Workaholic Boost Incompetent while investigating the fridge.

3) Third Investigation: Have Armor boost Bookworm when investigating the Hidden Cell Door

• Like 2

It's pretty quick, but not hard to get the S ranks on your first playthrough..  The game has a "Skip to Next Choice" option to skip all the dialogue you've already read. You need to complete most of the game a second time for the collectables anyways.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sanevin said:

It's pretty quick, but not hard to get the S ranks on your first playthrough..  The game has a "Skip to Next Choice" option to skip all the dialogue you've already read. You need to complete most of the game a second time for the collectables anyways.

You can just use chapter select to go straight to the investigations without playing the whole game again.

On 4/15/2023 at 1:24 PM, Fubang said:

I *think* you can view the same scene multiple times to score the trophy, but I can't remember if I saw 3 unique scenes.  Regardless, the easiest one to find is with Mystic and Bookworm in the tutorial mission.  You'll probably get that one without even meaning to.  Maybe once someone has beaten the game they can go back and do that scene multiple times to see if the trophy pops.

I am pretty sure that the above works, I'm 99% sure that I did not see three unique scenes, and I've gotten the platinum
It's also worth mentioning that, if you saw the Mystic/Bookworm scene in the demo, it doesn't count towards the trophy.

For me, it went:

First playthrough - Mystic/Bookworm (In the demo), Incompetent/Workaholic

Second Playthrough - Mystic/Bookworm

Third Playthrough - Mystic/Bookworm (Trophy popped)

Edited by MilesEdgeworth

14 hours ago, logs0331 said:

I just got through my first play through making sure I got S all the way. How do I get ideal skit? Can I get all the remembrance through chapter select?

ok I figured it out.

yes you have to play the game atleast twice and make sure you get S rank / all the remembrance skits during the play through and then you will have the final ideal skit in the menu after you complete the game. Click it and it will give you the trophy. Chapter select will not work.

5 minutes ago, logs0331 said:

ok I figured it out.

yes you have to play the game atleast twice and make sure you get S rank / all the remembrance skits during the play through and then you will have the final ideal skit in the menu after you complete the game. Click it and it will give you the trophy. Chapter select will not work.

Chapter Select absolutely worked for me, did you maybe try saving to another in-game file? I kept my clear save data then chapter selected straight to the investigations and saved to a new file when prompted for the ones I missed and got the rest of the trophies that way.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:32 PM, Saxton3234 said:

Chapter Select absolutely worked for me, did you maybe try saving to another in-game file? I kept my clear save data then chapter selected straight to the investigations and saved to a new file when prompted for the ones I missed and got the rest of the trophies that way.

Can confirm this works. Chapter select straight to the investigations, grab the new residual thought things and then you need to finish the investigation and save. Can back out and go to the next right after saving.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Not platinum-related, but for some reason I have a missing image in Event CG Gallery. (The 4th image of the first page). Anyone here unlocked it? If so, how?

I think that one's from

Spoiler

the bad ending for choosing to enter the research facility building rather than going straight to the mansion

at the beginning of the game?

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 9:12 PM, Saxton3234 said:

I think that one's from

Reveal hidden contents

the bad ending for choosing to enter the research facility building rather than going straight to the mansion

at the beginning of the game?

Ohhhh! i will try that later but yep, that's probably it! 

Weird that 100% Gallery doesn't require it though.. Oh well =P

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't able to play it as much as I wanted due to other things so it took me a while to get through, but it had my interest every session I played of it. The pacing between cases is about right and is around 20 hours or so also so it isn't going to bog you down in character building scenes of the character going down to a store and discussing the merits of orange flavoured fizzy drinks over cherry flavoured ones for 20 minutes.

Gameplay I actually really enjoyed and think they have a good base here to lead with it if they wished. Considering the number of cases some of the detectives are listed to have solved it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a game with 20+ smaller cases that has a detective and their team solving cases. Though granted it isn't perfect by any means. The more difficult/tighter investigations are the early ones as many of the characters can't be directly controlled, while later cases where you can command everybody are really easy. Additionally if you were to skip the keywords (need them for trophies) then the difficulty would be non-existent.

Very much recommended to anyone who likes the genre. I'd rate this among some of the best honestly, I liked it that much.

On 17/04/2023 at 1:59 AM, MilesEdgeworth said:

I am pretty sure that the above works, I'm 99% sure that I did not see three unique scenes, and I've gotten the platinum
It's also worth mentioning that, if you saw the Mystic/Bookworm scene in the demo, it doesn't count towards the trophy.

For me, it went:

First playthrough - Mystic/Bookworm (In the demo), Incompetent/Workaholic

Second Playthrough - Mystic/Bookworm

Third Playthrough - Mystic/Bookworm (Trophy popped)

I had it pop on Mystic/Bookworm on replaying the stage so you're correct I think that even if it is a scene you've already seen it'll still count.