Troglodiced - Way less grindy way to achieve the trophy

Schuwekat

5 minutes ago, Bya-Kuchiki said:

Yep got me the Axe trophy.

Now to do a few more foundation dailies and the game is done

I hope the Pitt is the last of the trophy DLCs but with Atlantic City parts 1 and 2 coming in December, there's a chance they could add more trophies since it's a new expedition we're getting (albeit a thoroughly mediocre one by all accounts).

On 10/11/2023 at 5:43 PM, HuntingFever said:

I hope the Pitt is the last of the trophy DLCs but with Atlantic City parts 1 and 2 coming in December, there's a chance they could add more trophies since it's a new expedition we're getting (albeit a thoroughly mediocre one by all accounts).

Considering the release dates of the previous sets of DLC trophies, it would make sense that Atlantic City gets a few extra trophies.
Fits their release scheme so far.

Wastelanders - April 14, 2020
Steel Reign - July 7, 2021
Expeditions: The Pitt - September 13, 2022

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/21/2024 at 10:41 PM, G_J270216 said:

Just got the Auto Axe, what would be the best build to achieve this trophy the quickest?

I have never used any melee build before.

I just used my heavy guns/power armor build I normally have. It's not super OP but still worked good enough.

Power armor mainly because the trogs can do a lot of damage, especially since a a few updates back.

I did mod my autoaxe with the electrified mod for a bit more damage, got that plan as a reward from the expedition but you can buy it from guiseppe with stamps.

And I probably rolled some legendaries on it but no idea what they were. Something to lower AP consumption would be useful.

Only issue I had: Autoaxe consumes a lot of AP. Company tea (more AP generation for an hour) and canned coffee (very fast AP generation for a few minutes) can help out with that.
I believe you can also hit the enemies a bit with another weapon and then do the final blow with the auto axe for it to count.

If you do the union dues one until the end, then you can restart the checkpoint as often as you want. Just kill all trogs except the boss trog, then leave the expedition (fast travel to camp/whitespring) and then resum expedition. You could also try the other expedition, there's a chance for an infinite spawn but... I almost never had that one when I played through those expeditions. so you might waste a lot of restarts and time before you get it.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 12:11 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

The new Atlantic City DLC made grinding for the stamps a lot less time consuming: You can run the two new expeditions quite fast and also unlimited times earning 15 stemps with each run. Auto-Axe can be unlocked within 5-7 hours with the new update. @silnev

That's awesome. This damn trophy haunts me. Hope to get it one of these days.

Edited by AlonMercer

On 2/26/2024 at 5:24 PM, Kolm said:

I just used my heavy guns/power armor build I normally have. It's not super OP but still worked good enough.

Power armor mainly because the trogs can do a lot of damage, especially since a a few updates back.

I did mod my autoaxe with the electrified mod for a bit more damage, got that plan as a reward from the expedition but you can buy it from guiseppe with stamps.

And I probably rolled some legendaries on it but no idea what they were. Something to lower AP consumption would be useful.

Only issue I had: Autoaxe consumes a lot of AP. Company tea (more AP generation for an hour) and canned coffee (very fast AP generation for a few minutes) can help out with that.
I believe you can also hit the enemies a bit with another weapon and then do the final blow with the auto axe for it to count.

If you do the union dues one until the end, then you can restart the checkpoint as often as you want. Just kill all trogs except the boss trog, then leave the expedition (fast travel to camp/whitespring) and then resum expedition. You could also try the other expedition, there's a chance for an infinite spawn but... I almost never had that one when I played through those expeditions. so you might waste a lot of restarts and time before you get it.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you maybe share you Heavy Gun/PA build?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 1:11 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

The new Atlantic City DLC made grinding for the stamps a lot less time consuming: You can run the two new expeditions quite fast and also unlimited times earning 15 stemps with each run. Auto-Axe can be unlocked within 5-7 hours with the new update. @silnev

Can you elaborate on this? I want to start soon, the original 1000 stamps were the point i didnt have the motivation to do it. :D

On 3/29/2024 at 8:56 PM, WreckItPhil said:

Can you elaborate on this? I want to start soon, the original 1000 stamps were the point i didnt have the motivation to do it. :D

The price of the auto axe was changed from 1000 stamps to 500 stamps.

The way the expeditions work has also changed. Back in the day you had to do 3 daily missions to fill a battery to 100%.
That battery was needed to be able to lead/start an expedition yourself.
This made it so you could only start 1 expedition every day (or 2 if you skipped a day) yourself and if you wanted to do more, you needed other people that also did the daily missions and started one => barely anyone did.
The maximum of stamps you could get was 10 stamps if you did all optional objectives and were the leader. If not the leader you could get a maximum of 8 stamps.

Now you can just keep repeating expeditions as much as you want -> open the map, at the top is an image for the V-tol you can click or press square. Just select one and go.
Best to make an expedition team before you start so other people will join to help and make it even quicker.
The new Atlantic city expo's are the easiest when it comes to the optional objectives (in my opinion).

And they now give 20 stamps (and a low stamp price plan) the first time you lead and perfectly complete it in a week, after that it's 15 I believe. 

This whole combination makes the grind a lot shorter and also more manageable as you don't need to grind for weeks because of the daily limit.
I really notice more people doing expeditions since they removed that battery stuff :) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kolm said:

The price of the auto axe was changed from 1000 stamps to 500 stamps.

The way the expeditions work has also changed. Back in the day you had to do 3 daily missions to fill a battery to 100%.
That battery was needed to be able to lead/start an expedition yourself.
This made it so you could only start 1 expedition every day (or 2 if you skipped a day) yourself and if you wanted to do more, you needed other people that also did the daily missions and started one => barely anyone did.
The maximum of stamps you could get was 10 stamps if you did all optional objectives and were the leader. If not the leader you could get a maximum of 8 stamps.

Now you can just keep repeating expeditions as much as you want -> open the map, at the top is an image for the V-tol you can click or press square. Just select one and go.
Best to make an expedition team before you start so other people will join to help and make it even quicker.
The new Atlantic city expo's are the easiest when it comes to the optional objectives (in my opinion).

And they now give 20 stamps (and a low stamp price plan) the first time you lead and perfectly complete it in a week, after that it's 15 I believe. 

This whole combination makes the grind a lot shorter and also more manageable as you don't need to grind for weeks because of the daily limit.
I really notice more people doing expeditions since they removed that battery stuff :) 

Thanks! And the new Expeditionen are shorter than the original ones?

3 hours ago, WreckItPhil said:

Thanks! And the new Expeditionen are shorter than the original ones?

This would probably depend if you ask a veteran of the old ones or someone else 😅

The main issue I had with the old ones is that they feel like a maze and both have an optional that I found hard or couldn't pull of. This resulted in less stamps at the end while also taking ages.

Union dues is a maze to find the steel ingot and the supply crate. After awhile I learned all steel ingot spawns outdoors so I only had to find 0-2 and the supply crates indoors which really feels like a maze. But the last optional is to keep all NPC's alive during the boss fight, he was bumped up and solo I wasn't able to do it with my build. I might be now with the holy fire that heals people but never tried again.

Ashes one is a maze overall and 2 optionals I wasn't able to complete solo because I never found them or not in time.

But when I did the new expeditions, I was able to solo them with all optionals complete from the get go.
Clear pointers of where to go without a maze in between you and the next objective. Just go through the door/hallway right in front of you when looking at the next objectives and it's 99% the right one.
Result: Get maximum stamps while not wasting a lot of time on finding stuff.

I think that from the new ones 'The most sensational game' is the shortest one. Although sometimes you get an objective to protect someone that is gathering stuff, this can take awhile but nothing too bad when it comes to the optional 'win the game ...' which requires you to get to the end fight within a certain time. The end fight is 2 people that can be a bit of a bullet sponge depending on your weapon/build.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I like using the Cold Shoulder for the Challenges that require you to cripple limbs, because it's more powerful and more ammo efficient than most other weapons when used in VATS :).

For those cripple limb challenges I use an aristocrat .50 refined hunting rifle (not sure if I got the full name right). I always have a lot of caps so it's 50% extra damage and I usually only need 2-3 shots in VATS with the limb selector perk (forgot the name 😅 ). It's a bit slow but steady in getting the cripples right.
It also works nice for those non-hostile protectrons (=> no vats for them) at the Charleston Fire station because it's easy to aim at their limbs without vats.

The cold shoulder is a nice one for the critical hit challenges. Fill the critical bar in vats and when you activate the critical, all pellets of the next shot will count as a critical hit!
Getting 10-20 criticals on somewhat hard to find rad toads suddenly becomes a lot easier that way! :) 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 4:29 PM, Kolm said:

You can buy the auto axe separate for 700 atoms or as part of a bundle for 1000 atoms.

Beware: This might be a temporary thing! Items in the atom shops usually rotate and often don't come back.

Thank you sooo much for sharing this!!! I have been playing daily grinding stamps to 500 for the Auto Axe. Was half way there when I read this, just hopped on and grabbed it from the Atomic Shop! Everyone beware this seems to be a time limited promotion in the shop.

What fantastic luck that I started 76 from scratch on the series X just as the auto axe plan was in the store! Just nabbed the plan from the atom shop using atoms earned naturally in the game.  This will be my second time getting the auto axe without having to grind expeditions as I got it on the Playstation version as part of the seasonal challenges. 😂 

I believe the store updates every week so I'd get this now for anyone who still hasn't obtained it, or  else be prepared for an (alleged) nasty grind later on.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

1 minute ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

What fantastic luck that I started 76 from scratch on the series X just as the auto axe plan was in the store! Just nabbed the plan from the atom shop using atoms earned naturally in the game.  This will be my second time getting the auto axe without having to grind expeditions as I got it on the Playstation version as part of the seasonal challenges. 😂 

I believe the store updates every week so I'd get this now for anyone who still hasn't obtained it, or  else be prepared for an (alleged) nasty grind later on.

The Auto-Axe Stamp grind isn't as bad now its asking price has been cut in half but getting 500 stamps is still a colossal bore :(.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Auto-Axe Stamp grind isn't as bad now its asking price has been cut in half but getting 500 stamps is still a colossal bore :(.

Even 500 stamps is too much time grinding for my tastes. The Pitt (AKA The Slog) is the worst DLC update with trophies I've played so far in 76. Wouldn't want to spend more time on it than I have to!

• Like 1