WARNING! There is a way to make the platinum unobtainable for yourself.

AllHailScience

2 hours ago, AllHailScience said:

WB support wasn't helpful...

1.png

Great...a typical, generic, borderline insulting to your intelligence, non-answer from someone who has no idea what you're talking about. None of those "tips" make a blind bit of difference, because the problem is server side so requires a patch to fix it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Great...typical, generic, borderline insulting to your intelligence, non-answers from someone who has no idea what you're talking about. None of those "tips" make a blind bit of difference, because the problem is server side so requires a patch to fix it.

They just need to auto pop all server trophies and that’s it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, MrDoom_US said:

I got all 25 heads in the ps4 version and the trophy in the ps5 version was easily unlocked by going to krypt mode

Yeah, I saw people that got it autopopped, but it didn't work for me.

I think there's more to this. I had not only problem with the "Skull Kabob", but also with other stuff. I had to open 200 chests again, spear 50 heads again, pay whole 50 000 gold all over again, do 250 towers again, from scratch. Stats shown in my Kombat Kard were not correct somehow when I booted up PS5 version, all krypt and towers related things showed 0.

I tried reinstalling the game and deleting save files from the console, but nothing worked. 

46 minutes ago, AllHailScience said:

Yeah, I saw people that got it autopopped, but it didn't work for me.

I think there's more to this. I had not only problem with the "Skull Kabob", but also with other stuff. I had to open 200 chests again, spear 50 heads again, pay whole 50 000 gold all over again, do 250 towers again, from scratch. Stats shown in my Kombat Kard were not correct somehow when I booted up PS5 version, all krypt and towers related things showed 0.

I tried reinstalling the game and deleting save files from the console, but nothing worked. 

Have you tried playing offline?  I mean deleting the save and then not connecting and attempting the 25 heads?

5 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Have you tried playing offline?  I mean deleting the save and then not connecting and attempting the 25 heads?

You can't enter the Krypt while offline. 

Deleting save also does not work because all your progress is saved on WB servers.

Just now, AllHailScience said:

Deleting save also does not work because all your progress is saved on WB servers.

That is so stupid it defies belief, tying SP stuff to online servers will never be a smart idea.

9 minutes ago, AllHailScience said:

Could this potentially help?  Different game but it is specifically to unlink a WB account

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=654363436

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

You really should try to get into the game without your savefile first. I am aware that your progress is connected to the online servers, but maybe you using the ps4 savefile is the problem? I always try to avoid autopoping Trophies in any way unless it is forced autopop/semi autopop like in this case. However that does not stop me from using a new ps5 save.

Also are you certain that you got all the heads impaled? Might be a chance that there is one remaining.

Edited by Laxus-0

On 21.06.2023 at 7:59 AM, Laxus-0 said:

You really should try to get into the game without your savefile first. I am aware that your progress is connected to the online servers, but maybe you using the ps4 savefile is the problem? I always try to avoid autopoping Trophies in any way unless it is forced autopop/semi autopop like in this case. However that does not stop me from using a new ps5 save.

Also are you certain that you got all the heads impaled? Might be a chance that there is one remaining.

I tried deleting save files first. Didn't work :(

Yeah, I'm sure that I impaled all 25 heads because I did this intentionally during my initial playthrough on PS4. 

On 18.06.2023 at 5:30 PM, Erickson-Yagami said:

try to change your username

Won't work also because the game supports this, I believe.

12 hours ago, AllHailScience said:

I tried deleting save files first. Didn't work :(

Yeah, I'm sure that I impaled all 25 heads because I did this intentionally during my initial playthrough on PS4. 

Won't work also because the game supports this, I believe.

Did you also do Shao Khans Head? I remember him being a dlc character. What you also could do is to do the requirements again. Do 25 Fatalities on one character again and see if that unlocks it. And maybe make sure that you do not have the ps4 and ps5 version of the game on your console at the same time. These all are just suggestions, can't promise if that works.

Edit: You could also stay a bit longer in the krypt and see if that unlocks it. I heard from other people that there is a delay for the trophy.

Edited by Laxus-0

It reminds me of the nightmare that is platinum for The Crew because of similar circumstances involving stats tied to online servers. That kind of crap is always going to pose potential problems.

• 1 month later...
On 23.06.2023 at 1:36 AM, Laxus-0 said:

Did you also do Shao Khans Head? I remember him being a dlc character. What you also could do is to do the requirements again. Do 25 Fatalities on one character again and see if that unlocks it. And maybe make sure that you do not have the ps4 and ps5 version of the game on your console at the same time. These all are just suggestions, can't promise if that works.

Edit: You could also stay a bit longer in the krypt and see if that unlocks it. I heard from other people that there is a delay for the trophy.

Tried everything, nothing helps :(

I don't have any more ideas about what I could try else. I guess I'll just give up on this plat.  

Would be worth being more persistent with WB support. Most, if not all, online games have the ability for a dev team to send auto-pop commands to your account. It might be a matter of getting your e-mail through the automated crap and to an actual human. The worst that happens is it doesn't work or a human says no.

I hate this kind or absurd things that are linked to an external account, so they make a mess some things, like that stupid nba 2k demo with trophies which you can only play once in your life with you account, and if you miss something, its missable like, forever, you can never play it again, not at least with your account with the missable, i see the same pattern here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...