Any tips for "Owning the block" ?

RAE-7X

Would anyone agree with me that "Owning the block" seems to be the hardest trophy in the game? Capturing Districts seem to be so hard because whenever I get close to hitting the last module the other team comes in and steals them back. I have played 6 - 7 Trick battles so far and have yet to get any districts captured. Any Tips that helped you get this trophy? I do not have trouble with anything else in the game except this.. Maybe its just me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlueMcRae said:

Would anyone agree with me that "Owning the block" seems to be the hardest trophy in the game? Capturing Districts seem to be so hard because whenever I get close to hitting the last module the other team comes in and steals them back. I have played 6 - 7 Trick battles so far and have yet to get any districts captured. Any Tips that helped you get this trophy? I do not have trouble with anything else in the game except this.. Maybe its just me.

** UPDATE** got my first one! Going to be a bit of a grind but I’m sure it will come with time. Any tips still welcome!

On 4/22/2023 at 9:57 PM, BlueMcRae said:

** UPDATE** got my first one! Going to be a bit of a grind but I’m sure it will come with time. Any tips still welcome!

This is a golden opportunity to get this trophy bc of all the new PS+ Players starting to play RR.

- The Abyss map works best. I almost always was able to secure the first district on this map within the first 45 seconds or so. At the start, hang back for just a few seconds. Everyone will usually take off and head to the other side of the arena. Go right, lightly hit the jump and land on the right rail. Immediately jump off, brake, and reverse course. Hit back side of same ramp on right side and land on right side rail. This will kick you to other side of section. Reverse again. Hit that side ramp, go forward and hit the ramp where everyone starts. When you land, go forward and grind the central rail and jump right back off and you should have that zone in less than a minute. There’s only six things to hit and then the zone is yours. 
- Don’t do big tricks with big air. It’s a waste of time and you risk wiping out. 
- Unlock multiple things at same time. Hit ramp, do basic trick and land on rail. 
- If there’s red constantly in your zone, move on to a less crowded spot.
- People usually hit the rails last so hit them early, and they will usually stay your team color. 

- Left or right side is best in Hightower. Look for what’s less crowded, or, what side has more of your players. 

I really thought that this trophy would prevent me from getting the platinum. But after playing it and memorizing where the ramps and rails are, I got a district point almost every time I played. And with the new players on this week, I was getting 3 or 4 every match. Good luck!!

• Like 1

I thought it was going to be a nightmare trophy but was not that bad, as the above comments say, stick to 1 section, I normally go left and stick to that one but also keep an eye on the map and if a section is close to being won then go to it and see what happens.  My trophy did not pop until 46 districts so don't give up when you hit 30

This was an annoying one for me too but it got easier when I paid more attention to the mini-map and made a beeline for an uncoloured section only when I saw the district was about to be taken. It's not the most fun way to play the mode, but it definitely is easier if you stick to only one or two small sections that you know well and stay away from areas taken over by the other team (since at least in my experience, other people tend to stick just to certain areas as well).

Completely bugged, I have 43 captures according to Ubi connect and my personal notes, still no trophy. 

The most annoying and tedious of all trophies bugged, another great job by Ubisoft. I avoided their games for years, RR was my first game after a long time and for sure another reason to avoid them even more in the future. 

Edit: Trophy now popped after 47 captures… if the same thing happens to you keep doing more

Edited by DavySuicide

On 2023-04-25 at 3:54 PM, PerryToxteth said:

This is a golden opportunity to get this trophy bc of all the new PS+ Players starting to play RR.

- The Abyss map works best. I almost always was able to secure the first district on this map within the first 45 seconds or so. At the start, hang back for just a few seconds. Everyone will usually take off and head to the other side of the arena. Go right, lightly hit the jump and land on the right rail. Immediately jump off, brake, and reverse course. Hit back side of same ramp on right side and land on right side rail. This will kick you to other side of section. Reverse again. Hit that side ramp, go forward and hit the ramp where everyone starts. When you land, go forward and grind the central rail and jump right back off and you should have that zone in less than a minute. There’s only six things to hit and then the zone is yours. 
- Don’t do big tricks with big air. It’s a waste of time and you risk wiping out. 
- Unlock multiple things at same time. Hit ramp, do basic trick and land on rail. 
- If there’s red constantly in your zone, move on to a less crowded spot.
- People usually hit the rails last so hit them early, and they will usually stay your team color. 

- Left or right side is best in Hightower. Look for what’s less crowded, or, what side has more of your players. 

I really thought that this trophy would prevent me from getting the platinum. But after playing it and memorizing where the ramps and rails are, I got a district point almost every time I played. And with the new players on this week, I was getting 3 or 4 every match. Good luck!!

Thanks for the advice!

I went to the right every time and was able to capture the district right away because usually people go straight or left. I also focused on the rails and kept my tricks tight. I was averaging 3 per match but got up to 5 in a match.

My Trophy popped when I hit 33 so I guess I got lucky compared to some people.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is the worst trophy in the game, first of all it takes forever to start a match sometimes it takes more than 30 minutes just to play one game 

sometimes my teammates takes the last part while I’m going to do it or while I do the last part the other team takes one 

and last thing this trophy glitched on me I did 33 and still no trophy

this trophy only took me more than 10 hours of trying and I’m still trying to make it pop because of the glitch 

edit: got it on my 37 

Edited by AbduShraidi

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, fresquinho said:

I've been waiting for a Tricks Battle match for more than 20 minutes and NOTHING. This is ridiculous and is seriously worrying me.

I've been playing a bit the last days, and it is very different how long I have to wait, sometimes it goes quick, but I've waited an hour too.

On 31 captured districts, no trophy yet, but I see from the thread it's a common thing popping late.

• Like 1