Problem with my SOMA game and trophies

WaddysWDS

First of all I would like to quote @B1rvine @MMDE @DaivRules (Right now I don't remember more names of moderators of these cases).

The point is that I had a problem with my SOMA gameplay, if you see my profile I already completed the EU version of the game normally and I decided to make the NA version, select a Speedrun video to make the game in 2 hours (more or less).

But I made a mistake in my game and I didn't enter a zone that you had to enter to get the second trophy of the game, but I realized this very late, when I missed the third trophy of the game.

After seeing this, I loaded a previous game (games that the game saves automatically) and proceeded to obtain said trophy.

Luckily I have all this recorded since I want to make a video guide and if necessary I could provide the evidence.

Thank you!

• Like 2

On 4/27/2023 at 9:24 AM, WaddysWDS said:

First of all I would like to quote @B1rvine @MMDE @DaivRules (Right now I don't remember more names of moderators of these cases).

The point is that I had a problem with my SOMA gameplay, if you see my profile I already completed the EU version of the game normally and I decided to make the NA version, select a Speedrun video to make the game in 2 hours (more or less).

But I made a mistake in my game and I didn't enter a zone that you had to enter to get the second trophy of the game, but I realized this very late, when I missed the third trophy of the game.

After seeing this, I loaded a previous game (games that the game saves automatically) and proceeded to obtain said trophy.

Luckily I have all this recorded since I want to make a video guide and if necessary I could provide the evidence.

Thank you!

It sounds like what you did is totally fine. I can only think of one case where using your own backed up save could be an issue.

The scenario that is against the rules:

You want to minimize the time between first and last trophy to get a low completion time. The game you play got a trophy for beating the first and the last chapter of the story. The time to get from end of first chapter to end of last chapter is 10 hours. That's a lot of time! Thinking a bit about it, you come up with a way to make the trophies pop within minutes of each other.

• You play offline to make sure the trophy for beating first chapter doesn't sync with PSN.
  • You make your way to the end of the last chapter, and you backup the save.
  • You delete the local user on your console, and the trophy you earned for beating the first chapter will be deleted along with it, as you never synced it.
  • You create a new local user and you start a new game. You beat first chapter, and the trophy for beating the first chapter pops.
  • You then transfer the backed up save file to your console, the save file from end of the last chapter, and you beat the story mode minutes later.
  • This earned you the first chapter beat trophy and the last chapter beat trophy minutes apart, when they are impossible to get within 10 hours of each other.

The above is not allowed.

What is allowed:

There is a trophy for 1000 kills, and 500 head shots. This usually takes 10 hours to do, but you can do it before getting any other trophy.

• You grind kills and headshots without earning any other trophy.
  • You play offline, backing up your save once in a while. If you earn any other trophy, you can delete the local user, the trophies and the current save file with it.
  • You can use the backed up save as long as you've not deleted any trophies that went into making the save.
  • You can use the backed up save for your speedrun attempts, even if you play offline and delete your local user on failed attempts.

tldr; you can't use a backed up save file if you delete the trophies that went into creating it / earned while creating the progress you get from it.

If you still wonder, just ask.

• Like 1