Easiest Triumph for 'Seal the Deal'?

GraveFox-XIII

Honestly the easiest one is the gambit seal. I've spent 25 hours doing the cursebreaker seal and it's really not worth the hassle at all. Dredgen will take probably 10 hours if you've got a group to do it with and is much less of an issue, it's just a boring and tedious mode. 

• Like 1

I wish they would update the requirements for this trophy (and the Forsaken list in general). I'm probably going to go for the Gambit trophy once i'm done with the Fashion Statement grind, but why they haven't just tweaked the trophy requirements to apply to any seal at all is beyond me. It's also a bronze trophy too which really adds to the poor choices they made with it.

They are gonna have to do something with this entire DLC list though, especially considering all of the larger system and gameplay changes in the works in the run up to The Final Shape expansion.

Edited by Buff_Cupcake
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 7:44 PM, MushuMixLipa said:

Honestly the easiest one is the gambit seal. I've spent 25 hours doing the cursebreaker seal and it's really not worth the hassle at all. Dredgen will take probably 10 hours if you've got a group to do it with and is much less of an issue, it's just a boring and tedious mode. 

Thank you for the response and I figured it was going to be Dredgen unfortunately (gambit is such a pain). 

• Like 1

I tried for Dredgen solo and gave up, still needed one more Invasion with 4 kills, and 7 more kills on invaders with their supers. Seemed like it would take forever because no uses supers in invasions anymore.

Cursebreaker is slow but much less luck based. Basically just log in once a week, complete Ascendant challenge for that week while getting it's corrupted eggs and ahamkara bones. Just 2 more weekly resets until I'm done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidaUK said:

I tried for Dredgen solo and gave up, still needed one more Invasion with 4 kills, and 7 more kills on invaders with their supers. Seemed like it would take forever because no uses supers in invasions anymore.

Cursebreaker is slow but much less luck based. Basically just log in once a week, complete Ascendant challenge for that week while getting it's corrupted eggs and ahamkara bones. Just 2 more weekly resets until I'm done.

You've also got to get the eggs in the Last Wish strike. Whilst that isn't too bad you'd still sort of need a team unless you can use the Wish Wall to get further into the raid also the Corrupted Strike is needed to get the Wish Ender bow and a few eggs/Akhambara bones. 

Either way it's annoying, they should really update the requirements but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Yeah I would say Dredgen and Cursebreaker are the easiest seals but both have their draw backs. Dredgen you have to play Gambit, I can not stand this mode it is so laborious and tedious. Cursebreaker is also tedious as you are required to get all collectibles, gear and equipment within the Dreaming City to complete the badge which is a requirement for the seal. The trouble I had was getting the ghost to drop this is what put me off it when I used to play D2. I picked D2 up again at the end of last year and said I want to get this seal. Best place to get the ghost is the ascendant challenge it has highest drop rate via this activity. Only problem is with that you can only do it max 3 times a week (if you have 3 different characters) then you have to wait until the following week for reset to try again. I heard the ship has a pretty poor drop rate too I already had this think I may have got it from Last Wish. 

It’s up to you what you go with horrendous RNG for Cursebreaker or tedium through playing Gambit. 

• Like 1

I’m probably being Uber dense, but where do I find “Dredgen”? I have “Triumphs” and “Titles” unlockedand I see “Cursebreaker” but I don’t see “Dredgen”.

Edited by rmhook
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 3:54 AM, lynx_1985 said:

Yeah I would say Dredgen and Cursebreaker are the easiest seals but both have their draw backs. Dredgen you have to play Gambit, I can not stand this mode it is so laborious and tedious. Cursebreaker is also tedious as you are required to get all collectibles, gear and equipment within the Dreaming City to complete the badge which is a requirement for the seal. The trouble I had was getting the ghost to drop this is what put me off it when I used to play D2. I picked D2 up again at the end of last year and said I want to get this seal. Best place to get the ghost is the ascendant challenge it has highest drop rate via this activity. Only problem is with that you can only do it max 3 times a week (if you have 3 different characters) then you have to wait until the following week for reset to try again. I heard the ship has a pretty poor drop rate too I already had this think I may have got it from Last Wish. 

It’s up to you what you go with horrendous RNG for Cursebreaker or tedium through playing Gambit. 

The ship is a random drop from any of the three encounters in the Shattered Throne dungeon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rmhook said:

I’m probably being Uber dense, but where do I find “Dredgen”? I have “Triumphs” and “Titles” unlockedand I see “Cursebreaker” but I don’t see “Dredgen”.

It is on the 2nd page of titles, lower row.

I've completed both the Cursebreaker and Dredgen seals and I vote Cursebreaker.

I think Cursebreaker has a much higher guarantee of earning progress each week than Dredgen. The only RNG elements for Cursebreaker are the ghost shell, sparrow, and ship, which I believe each have a 20% chance of dropping each week. However, if you have 3 characters, you can play through their respective missions each week 3 times (which speeds up the grind). By the time I had waited 6 weeks to get all of the Ahamkara Bones and Eggs, I had already unlocked everything else without any additional effort.

The worst part of Dredgen is killing 10 guardians in their super during Gambit. It is very rare for an invader to use their Super, and even more rare for you to be the one to dish out the killing blow when they're in their Super. Many players also use "shutdown" Supers in Gambit to deal high amounts of damage to the Primeval in a short period of time (like Nova Bomb, Thundercrash, etc.). You have maybe 1 second between the time they activate their Super and the time they exit their Super, so the odds of you getting a kill on any player using a shutdown Super are super low. As of the time of this post, I've played 377 Gambit matches, but I only have 14 guardian kills while in their Super (and I regularly invade the enemy team). Since I've never gotten more than 1 guardian super kill in any of my matches, that means that I have about a 3.7% chance of killing 1 guardian in their super during any given Gambit match. Obviously, your mileage may vary (RNG, skill, etc.), but I'd rather take a 20% chance over 3.7% any day.

Plus, I think Cursebreaker took less overall in-game time.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

I think Cursebreaker has a much higher guarantee of earning progress each week than Dredgen. The only RNG elements for Cursebreaker are the ghost shell, sparrow, and ship, which I believe each have a 20% chance of dropping each week. However, if you have 3 characters, you can play through their respective missions each week 3 times (which speeds up the grind). By the time I had waited 6 weeks to get all of the Ahamkara Bones and Eggs, I had already unlocked everything else without any additional effort.

The worst part of Dredgen is killing 10 guardians in their super during Gambit. It is very rare for an invader to use their Super, and even more rare for you to be the one to dish out the killing blow when they're in their Super. Many players also use "shutdown" Supers in Gambit to deal high amounts of damage to the Primeval in a short period of time (like Nova Bomb, Thundercrash, etc.). You have maybe 1 second between the time they activate their Super and the time they exit their Super, so the odds of you getting a kill on any player using a shutdown Super are super low. As of the time of this post, I've played 377 Gambit matches, but I only have 14 guardian kills while in their Super (and I regularly invade the enemy team). Since I've never gotten more than 1 guardian super kill in any of my matches, that means that I have about a 3.7% chance of killing 1 guardian in their super during any given Gambit match. Obviously, your mileage may vary (RNG, skill, etc.), but I'd rather take a 20% chance over 3.7% any day.

Any tips like “I wish I new _______ when I started Cursebreaker” ? Being new to D2 (migrated from D1 recently) pretty much everything in Dreaming City is as confusing af :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 11:43 PM, ResoluteRock said:

I think it's important to call out that you'll also need to be in a position to do part/all of the Last Wish raid for some of the Corrupted Eggs, as well as a few partial/complete runs of The Shattered Throne dungeon.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:43 PM, rmhook said:

Any tips like “I wish I new _______ when I started Cursebreaker” ? Being new to D2 (migrated from D1 recently) pretty much everything in Dreaming City is as confusing af :)

I 100% agree that it is confusing af. I spent the last two nights watching videos and guides to try and decipher it. Alot of them are years old and based on older updates.

• You need to complete the full collections badge for the Dreaming City - might be useful if you are also going for the Fashion Statement trophy - wish i'd known this before I went for the Europa badge. I would focus on getting the Wish Ender first, because alot of the badge items will drop while you do the rest of the seal requirements.
    • Pretty much all of the badge requirements are drops which can technically drop anywhere (apart from the exotic), but have higher drop rates in certain activities.
    • One of the items is a shader that is relatively rare and can only 'drop' by dismantling Dreaming City weapons.
    • The rest should come out of chests and activities as you go.
  • Parts of the Seal requirements are time sensitive - completing three main quests on weekly rotations, ascendant challenges on rotation. Visiting the queen is only available every three weeks.
  • You'll need to be able to run the Shattered Throne dungeon a few times with a pre-made group as matchmaking is disabled for it. This is for the 4 part Wish Ender Exotic quest.
  • The Wish Ender is needed for the collection badge, but it is also the only weapon that can destroy corrupted eggs which are needed for the seal.
  • There are 40 corrupted eggs all over Dreaming city content. Some of the eggs are placed in the Last Wish raid and The Shattered Throne dungeon.
  • So you'll need to be able to run most/part of the Last Wish to get them.
  • The Blind Well event has three heroic bosses on weekly rotation - so it'll take about 3 weeks in total of diligence to get those.
    • To make the Blind Well event heroic, you can buy an item from Petra. At a certain point, you can dump the item into the central well and this will upgrade the event to heroic and spawn whichever boss is on rotation that week.

I'm about to start my Cursebreaker journey, so we'll see how doable this is in 2023! 

[Edit - I forgot to say - feel free to add me on PSN and give me a shout if you want to team up on the cursebreaker grind @rmhook

Edited by Buff_Cupcake
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

Some of the eggs are placed in the Last Wish raid and The Shattered Throne dungeon

Just so you know, you can get all the Last Wish corrupted eggs solo without having to fight anything except for the one after Morgeth (third boss). You can use the Wish Wall to access all of them easily, just be sure to put the “egg code” in first so that they spawn.

This being the case, you really only need to find a group to kill Morgeth which can take as little as 5-10 minutes if people know what they’re doing.

Regardless of how you do it, the important thing to remember is to enter the “egg code” at the Wish Wall in order for the eggs to spawn. If you are getting the eggs solo you need to do this before entering the code that sends you to each encounter, and repeat each time you go to orbit and reset.

Good luck on Cursebreaker ? 

• Like 3

On 19/05/2023 at 2:12 PM, Swotam said:

Just so you know, you can get all the Last Wish corrupted eggs solo without having to fight anything except for the one after Morgeth (third boss). You can use the Wish Wall to access all of them easily, just be sure to put the “egg code” in first so that they spawn.

This being the case, you really only need to find a group to kill Morgeth which can take as little as 5-10 minutes if people know what they’re doing.

Regardless of how you do it, the important thing to remember is to enter the “egg code” at the Wish Wall in order for the eggs to spawn. If you are getting the eggs solo you need to do this before entering the code that sends you to each encounter, and repeat each time you go to orbit and reset.

Good luck on Cursebreaker 1f596.png 

Thanks for the insight there! Based on what you said, I ended up managing to get them all bar the one in the courtyard right after Morgeth like you side. So glad these are mostly soloable.

I'm hopefully doing a full Last Wish clear tonight for fun and also for that Last Wish completion trophy.

• Like 1

In the end, I finished Dredgen before I finished Cursebreaker. The 10 Guardian-Kills-While-They-Are-Using-Supers in Gambit is nuts. That took the longest time.

But, as it turns out, not as long as trying to organize 5 other people to kill Morgeth for the Corrupted Egg in Last Wish…

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 0:48 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

am I the only one who genuinely enjoyed playing gambit? lol

No. I like gambit!

But then I’ve been playing Destiny and now Destiny 2 for fun since the first one came out in 2014. I’ve gilded the gambit seal 8 times so far.

Going to be 9 times before the current season ends :)

On 6/10/2023 at 4:39 AM, ItsStavi23 said:

I got the Dredgen seal and never got the trophy. Anyone know why or if it doesn’t work anymore. 

You need to double check that you have Forsaken DLC installed and then equip the title.

• 4 weeks later...