Can’t connect with my friend.

Hi, so I checked a few forums and it was said that this game servers are still up yet when I try to play with my friend this doesn’t happen and we keep getting a error code time and time again. I also can’t seem to connect to Ubisoft Uplay anymore. If someone can confirm for me if this game still has servers or not. I did all the online back in the day, but I still need to do the co op challenges which I believe can be done with a second controller. I was just hoping to be able to do this with my friend instead of having to find a IRL friend and burden them with the task of helping me out.

I just checked your profiled and it looks like you got all the online and/or MP related trophies already except for Hunter Operator (Complete all 4th Echelon Missions from Andriy Kobin). FYI: All of those missions can be completed solo without a second controller.

Also, the servers were supposed to have officially closed last year I believe. If you can't connect, that's probably why. If someone says they're still up, it's probably a private server or a rumor or something.

Edited by Pirelli913
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

I just checked your profiled and it looks like you got all the online and/or MP related trophies already except for Hunter Operator (Complete all 4th Echelon Missions from Andriy Kobin). FYI: All of those missions can be completed solo without a second controller.

Also, the servers were supposed to have officially closed last year I believe. If you can't connect, that's probably why. If someone says they're still up, it's probably a private server or a rumor or something.

The servers were still up at least a week after the official closure date but since then, it appears they did actually close permanently at some point, though I have yet to get any concrete confirmations from recent players.

53 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers were still up at least a week after the official closure date but since then, it appears they did actually close permanently at some point, though I have yet to get any concrete confirmations from recent players.

It seems I am not able to connect to Uplay anymore and even though I receive an invite from my friend it just gives us a error code after around a minute of the game trying to match us up. We wanted to do the co-op stuff I think that can be done split screen, but is much easier with a friend and more enjoyable. If the servers are officially down that is a disappointment, but at least I got all MP done a while back. 

• Like 1

I've just looked at the recent earners and it appears the servers died almost completely at some point after Feb 2nd of this year, because there are no earners after that date for any of the co-op or MP trophies but the Shadownet Access trophy still looks to be obtainable.

On 03/05/2023 at 0:57 PM, KillMeBlIly said:

Hi, so I checked a few forums and it was said that this game servers are still up yet when I try to play with my friend this doesn’t happen and we keep getting a error code time and time again. I also can’t seem to connect to Ubisoft Uplay anymore. If someone can confirm for me if this game still has servers or not. I did all the online back in the day, but I still need to do the co op challenges which I believe can be done with a second controller. I was just hoping to be able to do this with my friend instead of having to find a IRL friend and burden them with the task of helping me out.

A friend of mine thought they were still up for the coop. We tried to play a few weeks ago and just got an error message every time, so I would say they are definitely gone now. Unfortunately there is no LAN option either, so Xlink won't work for this game.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 9:58 PM, Gunner2007 said:

Servers are still up. I and a few others just Completed all MP/COOP as of 1/24/2024

Servers are still up. I and a few others just Completed all MP/COOP as of 1/24/2024

Were you one of those people. Do we know how they've managed to connect?

20 hours ago, RaidenXS said:

Were you one of those people. Do we know how they've managed to connect?

Just bought the game, checked the multiplayer, no players were found obviously, but I managed to get rank 10 in solo private game. 

Edited by DaivRules

• 2 weeks later...

I also tried to get the Briggs mission done with a friend of mine yesterday and we also get an error.  We tried to find each other in a online session (with success) and started a mission but he got kicked after few minutes. Tried it 2 times. After that i did it in Splitscreen. 2 missions are easy playing it solo and the other 2 missions you have 2 sections where you have run with both players. Do it with a friend or another person. Maybe it's doable solo but I can imagine it's really hard.