Best job for soloing Eureka Orthos?

SublimeHawk

What is the community consensus regarding which job is best for reaching (and clearing) Floor 100 of Eureka Orthos solo? I have not yet attempted the content at all. I've heard that you need a DPS because tanks and healers can't put out enough damage to clear it before time runs out. Is that correct?

Edited by SublimeHawk

Play the job that you play best. It's stressful enough and you don't want to add more stress to it... considering that all jobs can clear EO

Certainly Tanks and Healers need a little more skills and knowledge about how, who and when to multipull mobs and blast them using Landmines or they will face time-outs

If you are not very skilled with deep dungeons then your clear will be heavily impacted by RNG. So play a DPS and pray that your run will be blessed.

As for which DPS to play (supposing you are confortable with them all, or none of them...) then, arguably, MCH is a good choice, for the simple reason that he has great bursts, interject and is very good at kiting.

RDM is also popular due to his ability to double cast Cure and his simple skill rotation.

But, again, you are better off playing what you are confortable with. You don't want to be looking at your skills when 3 patrols surprise you from behind, or forgetting what your burst skills are when a monster is starting to cast an enrage.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Play the job that you play best. It's stressful enough and you don't want to add more stress to it... considering that all jobs can clear EO

Certainly Tanks and Healers need a little more skills and knowledge about how, who and when to multipull mobs and blast them using Landmines or they will face time-outs

If you are not very skilled with deep dungeons then your clear will be heavily impacted by RNG. So play a DPS and pray that your run will be blessed.

As for which DPS to play (supposing you are confortable with them all, or none of them...) then, arguably, MCH is a good choice, for the simple reason that he has great bursts, interject and is very good at kiting.

RDM is also popular due to his ability to double cast Cure and his simple skill rotation.

But, again, you are better off playing what you are confortable with. You don't want to be looking at your skills when 3 patrols surprise you from behind, or forgetting what your burst skills are when a monster is starting to cast an enrage.

Good news since I'm a MCH main... I didnt come back after 6.3 release so I'm not too familiar with EO, it's similar to PotD and HoH? Something good to get there besides Titles and Mounts?

10 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Good news since I'm a MCH main... I didnt come back after 6.3 release so I'm not too familiar with EO, it's similar to PotD and HoH? Something good to get there besides Titles and Mounts?

More similar to HoH. 100 floors. Autos don't hurt as hard though and instead every mechanic is a one shot mechanic if you get caught.

Rewards:

https://youtu.be/BM-6O3WGDG0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 4:00 PM, Mr-DenL- said:

Safe to assume this one is also none-retroactive? Unlike the relic weapon ones where it auto pops upon opening achievement window?

I'd think so given how the savage achievos work. It'd be really cool if they made it so you could just go look at your achievements and pop this plus any savages you've done in the past.

When I went through it I started as a WAR. I was struggling to meet the time limit, so I switched to SAM, where I began struggling to stay alive as I wasn't used to managing my HP with just pots. I went back to WAR and was able to get through it.

As many have said, DPS is king in this content, but WAR is comfy and with the recent buffs, I would imagine it got slightly easier to meet the time check. However, if you get really lucky with your Pommander pickups, then time won't be an issue at all.

The only jobs I would avoid playing are the healers. You dish out the least DPS and are squishy to boot.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

When I went through it I started as a WAR. I was struggling to meet the time limit, so I switched to SAM, where I began struggling to stay alive as I wasn't used to managing my HP with just pots. I went back to WAR and was able to get through it.

As many have said, DPS is king in this content, but WAR is comfy and with the recent buffs, I would imagine it got slightly easier to meet the time check. However, if you get really lucky with your Pommander pickups, then time won't be an issue at all.

The only jobs I would avoid playing are the healers. You dish out the least DPS and are squishy to boot.

Congratz!

Well it's really about RNG, mechanics are not that hard, it can be stressful and you might just get unlucky with POMs or floor layout (last time I to go through a treasure room 3 floors in a row, that was really tight on my clock and didn't have good POMs to help clear them).

People should just play whatever they feel comfortable with (avoiding healers unless you are really really good with them). And, seriously, don't hesitate to try other jobs, what's the worst that can happen ? (I did many runs (failed, up to 76, I didn't clear yet) as a RDM and then switched to MCH and found it way easier for me even though I never played MCH before except for leveling it a long time ago). Each time you get better a it and sooner or later RNG will be by your side all the way up.

(I need a better internet for this...)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

Anyone has any experience with DNC? It's the job I'm the most comfortable with, but I don't know if I'll have enough DPS, specially since there won't be a dance partner.

Someone did a tier list for DPS solo (I don't remember who and I don't have enough experience with it to say if his tier list is good or not, but I do remember he is one of those very experienced players in deep dungeons...).

Anyway, as for the DNC in his tier list, unfortunately, it's in the last spots, BUT, you will feel way safer playing a job you are comfortable with that playing another! However, once you are more comfortable with EO, you can try another job if you like, or maybe you will have cleared by then since all jobs can clear. (Remember, DNC is still better than Healers or Tanks)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd recommend DPS jobs but generally you want to use a job that you are familiar with so you can focus on surviving the mechs. Selfish DPS jobs like SAM/MCH tend to be the best although I personally got my clear with NIN due to Hide resetting its Raiten burst and letting you sneak pass any non-proximity enemies. Main flaw of NIN is that no abilities floors cripples it since it loses mudras and Hide.

• Like 1