Trophy Thoughts

6 hours ago, Phrikus said:

Thanks for clarification on invulnerability, I have been playing a little bit each night but haven't yet earned a trophy. I think I am only a couple levels in though.

You won't get any for a while as the trophies are clear the game on different difficulties, clear the chapter's levels, get all secrets and kill the bosses

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 4:16 PM, MattsOnlyHope said:

Its $20, its not a legitmate game at that price point

Huh???? What the heck logic is that 

Hollow knight is $15, so you're telling me stuff like that isn't a legitimate game?

There's tons of $20 indies that are a lot better and well made than $60 games 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 9:32 AM, aZombieDictator said:

Huh???? What the heck logic is that 

Hollow knight is $15, so you're telling me stuff like that isn't a legitimate game?

There's tons of $20 indies that are a lot better and well made than $60 games 

Hollow Knight was no where near $15 when it was new. Try again.

Edited by MattsOnlyHope

On 6/12/2023 at 0:47 AM, MattsOnlyHope said:

Hollow Knight was no where near $15 when it was new. Try again.

It literally came out on steam and pc for $15. It takes 2 seconds to find this information. (Well technically it was cheaper for pre orders because there was a pre order discount). But the base price has ALWAYS been $15.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/232654

https://store.steampowered.com/app/367520/Hollow_Knight/

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 4:10 PM, aZombieDictator said:

It literally came out on steam and pc for $15. It takes 2 seconds to find this information. (Well technically it was cheaper for pre orders because there was a pre order discount). But the base price has ALWAYS been $15.

Clearly shovelware trash, then. Only 70$ games with day one microtransactions and multiple season passes are real games.

Jokes aside, game is lovely so far; wish it had a proper platinum to it though. Ridiculous seeing a 20$ game release without a platinum in this day and age of 1$ effortless plats.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Clearly shovelware trash, then. Only 70$ games with day one microtransactions and multiple season passes are real games.

Jokes aside, game is lovely so far; wish it had a proper platinum to it though. Ridiculous seeing a 20$ game release without a platinum in this day and age of 1$ effortless plats.

Buddy Simulator and Franbow not getting plats was annoying  :(

• Like 1

A few levels away from the 100%, and here's my thoughts:

• The game is easy, even on Exterminatus. Save for some annoying enemies (looking at you, aspiring champion), you shouldn't struggle much, if at all, unless you haven't played many FPS games. Just stay mobile to dodge projectiles when out in the open, and don't be afraid to corner peek. Quick save every once in a while during extended fights.
  • Using a collectible guide for your first playthrough might actually improve your experience of the game. The levels are maze like and twisting, with little to no indication of where to go. My second playthrough has been much less frustrating than the first, despite playing on Exterminatus, because I can remember a bit from my first playthrough and the secret video guide I'm following covers most of the rest.
  • Overall the game is kind of mid for a retro shooter. More like Doom 2016 with how most of its fights are contained in arenas. Sound design is terrible - the aforementioned aspiring champions don't even have footsteps or melee attack sounds despite being fast, tanky enemies that can deal high damage. Levels are mazelike. Enemy variety is poor and most enemies are pretty tanky. Also, the final boss is a joke and just consists of a boss you've fought before... three times in a row. Great atmosphere and music, though. I'd only recommend this one if you're a huge fan of boomer shooters or W40k. Check out Nightmare Reaper or Fashion Police Squad for far better boomer shooters available on PS.
Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 1