[DELETED]

that goes back to shawn/vanilla/'whatever his current nick is' answer - if you are going to hide the whole game, just hide it from the psn completely - you'll only have hidden trophies that you earnt from the games you don't want to show in the first place (ie - ME2)

I do get what you mean, but that may be fairly stressfull on Database as it would mean individual pointers for each person.

I think people are missing the point.  The request is that there is a way to remove trophies from the trophy advisor that you are never going to earn.  The trophy advisor is personal feature that has little or no interest to anyone else.

I have got all of the single player trophies on need for speed for the vita, I have not and never will get the multiplayer trophies, therefore having these trophies in the trophy advisor is of no use to me.  I could remove them by hidding the game but why would I?

My ideal answer would be to mark games as finished.  Having marked them as such the world in general would know that I am done with them and more interestingly the site could remove the unearned trophies from the trophy advisor and stop showing me the gaming sessions for games I have no further interest in.

• Like 2

no, not missing the point, although you obviously missed the point of my previous post (or just didn't read the second part)

there are no personal pointers at the moment, except what psn sends, so I suspect it would be high usage on the database. hence why I have decided to hide games I will never want to play again

Maybe when other options come in (and I'm sure they will do in time), the pointers could become effective, but until then, it seems a diffcult procedure.

Obviously I may also be wrong and Sly will add this soon - only time can tell ;) all you can be sure of is that if Sly likes an idea, it will be implemented sooner or later

Edited by Memnoch

Memnoch, I did get you, it is just that at times there are trophies you want to hide in the advisor, from games that you do want .  show in you trophy lists/stats.  As for database load, I cannot comment as it would depend on how it is structured and how much free capacity is available.  It maybe that if most games are flagged as finished the significant reduction in the returned list may compensate from the overhead  in checking the games status, but if the database is full refreshed upon update this is probably not possible anyway.  Still a way to mark finished games would be nice...

As an alternative, the ability to limit the trophy advisor to games played in the last week/month/3 months/year would be useful. This way you could see advice on just the games you are currently playing and after a time finished games would no longer be seen. Just to head off any complaints the current view would still be the default, I'm not suggesting changing that.  This system would also negate the need to add personal pointers to the database.

Edited by aerosol_grey
  • Like 2

I like this idea. As an addition, I'd like to re-suggest the ability to remove trophies from DLC you don't own from what's shown in the advisor. If me not owning the DLC makes the rarity of those trophies go incredibly common, I should also be able to remove them from my advisor.

i like this idea they should do this

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been wanting a feature like this.  When I look at my trophy advisor, most of the first page of trophies is for games that I have and might play eventually, but that I'm not currently interested in playing at the moment. I've been wanting a way to be able to hide games in the trophy advisor, so then I can see the trophies for the games that I'm only interested in at the time.  I wouldn't want to have to go through some extensive process of hiding and re-showing games on any of the other pages or in psn just for this, because in reality they're trophies that I'm interested in getting at some point, but just not anytime really that soon.

• Like 1

This would be great. Trophy advisor is completely useless for me as it is. I don't screen my games like some do with a secondary account like some(because it feels like cheating to me) and I also have some games I hated and never want to play again(like Decade Duels), some I don't own anymore(like Dark Souls), some were put on there by my old roommates because they forgot to/didn't care enough to switch accounts(like Guitar Hero 5), and one was there from when I got hacked(Fifa 14). So, with a good 30 or so games I'll never play again all cluttering up the trophy advisor, making it pointless for me to even look at when I'm looking for easy trophies.

With some sort of feature that lets you remove trophies from the advisor, it would make it useful to people like me. Personally, I like the idea of being able to mark games as finished. This would also keep people from saying, "go plat X game". It's incredibly annoying how many people have told me to plat Kingdom Hearts, even though I've tried on many occasions.

For those saying to just hide the games, I don't believe in hiding games from a profile. To me, it's just cheating to superficially boost your completion percentage. If you played a game, then it should count towards your totals, whether that be good or bad. Just my opinion, and that's how I do things.

Anyway, it would be great to have this kind of feature, but I imagine it would be a nightmare to implement. Just the ability to sort to most recent games, like aerosol suggested, would be great.

• Like 3

I would personally just be happy if there was a way to remove unobtainable trophies from the trophy advisor as it seems as though there are more and more of them each day. Maybe even a way to mark them in your stats as unobtainable, so they don't sit there... Mocking me... Grrr.

• Like 1