Elite Racer

samy002

Trying to do this again... so hopefully get to Elite on the 18th which is before the season reset. I can't be bothered waiting for them to 'fix ' the unlock issue because I know they are full of shit

NOTICE for everyone getting to Elite: Remember, you need to get to Elite before the season reset day, which is the 2nd October. So, you must rank up to Elite on or by the 25h September to get the trophy.

Edited by CosmoWolf_
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

Trying to do this again... so hopefully get to Elite on the 18th which is before the season reset. I can't be bothered waiting for them to 'fix ' the unlock issue because I know they are full of shit

NOTICE for everyone getting to Elite: Remember, you need to get to Elite before the season reset day, which is the 2nd October. So, you must rank up to Elite on or by the 25h September to get the trophy.

Just checked, think I got G2 locked in got some wins in the rain in Miami which gave me alot of points, was stressful tho. 

Now for G2 lobbys what's the best day to start? Because I went into a lobby this Saturday and it was fairly easy ranking up for S2 to G2, but I can't imagine ranking up from G2 to Elite division isn't that easy right whats the best day to join in you think? 

7 minutes ago, N1ELS96- said:

Just checked, think I got G2 locked in got some wins in the rain in Miami which gave me alot of points, was stressful tho. 

Now for G2 lobbys what's the best day to start? Because I went into a lobby this Saturday and it was fairly easy ranking up for S2 to G2, but I can't imagine ranking up from G2 to Elite division isn't that easy right whats the best day to join in you think? 

honestly, it's luck of the draw. Start early and you can grind the whole week for a more comfortable spot at the top. Start late and you could get in a group that has already been active for a few days, or even a group so small that there is either none or only one elite spot, and your entire group is trying to get to it. It's really inconsistent, but I heard SOME 50+ people groups get up to 7 Elite slots. Unfortunately, my group last month was 55 people and only 3 slots. And I started on Thursday.

(and then I got scammed out of the trophy because EA can't make their games properly)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

I've cut it very short, as I am now Gold 1, I hope to get to Gold 3 next monday and elite the monday after! 

Also this week's tracks are:

China

Monaco

Singapore

55 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I've cut it very short, as I am now Gold 1, I hope to get to Gold 3 next monday and elite the monday after! 

Also this week's tracks are:

China

Monaco

Singapore

Damn, I never raced the china track.

Singapore and Monaco are both bad tracks for me.

Might just practice all those tracks in time trial until saturday.

8 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

honestly, it's luck of the draw. Start early and you can grind the whole week for a more comfortable spot at the top. Start late and you could get in a group that has already been active for a few days, or even a group so small that there is either none or only one elite spot, and your entire group is trying to get to it. It's really inconsistent, but I heard SOME 50+ people groups get up to 7 Elite slots. Unfortunately, my group last month was 55 people and only 3 slots. And I started on Thursday.

(and then I got scammed out of the trophy because EA can't make their games properly)

Actually in Gold II, maximum is 3 slots for Elite and in Gold III, maximum is 10 slots I believe

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

No-one has earned the trophy yet it seems for this week, please tell me it's not permanently glitched? Was anyone going for elite for today's promotion?

No Its only glitched when a new season starts, i think nobody has earned it on PSNP yet. 

Hi All, I am just wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. I Currently enter a race I will finish the race and anywhere from 50-80 points are taking away from me for no reason. when I have not even done a race. For example I will enter the race at 600 points. I finish the race it says I have 550 and I gained 30points leaving me now at 580. Makes no sense what is happening but its happened a few times this week already. 

So is elite impossible to get this season if I start now? I got the game a few days ago and I have done everything except ranked, if I start playing now will I be able to hit elite and get the trophy before the next season or should I wait until the next season starts then attempt to go for it? I don’t want to waste my time grinding to elite to end up not getting the trophy because of how useless EA can be. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, loudar22 said:

So is elite impossible to get this season if I start now? I got the game a few days ago and I have done everything except ranked, if I start playing now will I be able to hit elite and get the trophy before the next season or should I wait until the next season starts then attempt to go for it? I don’t want to waste my time grinding to elite to end up not getting the trophy because of how useless EA can be. Thanks!

if you start now there is zero chance of getting it. Not enough weeks left in the season for you to even make Elite Division. 

1 hour ago, Tominator8490 said:

if you start now there is zero chance of getting it. Not enough weeks left in the season for you to even make Elite Division. 

Great so I have to wait 16 days to start the month long grind that requires a lot of luck lol. This years game is ridiculous, they need to change the elite trophy 

1 hour ago, loudar22 said:

Great so I have to wait 16 days to start the month long grind that requires a lot of luck lol. This years game is ridiculous, they need to change the elite trophy 

Well you could progress up to gold rank.. it will drop you back into silver. So you don’t start from the bottom and have more weeks as an advantage. 

1 hour ago, Tominator8490 said:

Well you could progress up to gold rank.. it will drop you back into silver. So you don’t start from the bottom and have more weeks as an advantage. 

Oh? I thought when the new season comes out everyone is dropped right back into bronze. So if I get to gold I will only be dropped back a rank or roughly a weeks promotion? 

10 hours ago, loudar22 said:

Can anyone confirm if this is how it works? 

the rank you reset back to at the end of the season is based on the rank you are at BEFORE the Monday reset.

So if you are in Gold then yes you should go back to Silver I.

It is broken because you should actually be demoted from the rank you get ON the Monday reset (you are supposed to have a rank change then the reset occurs)

9 hours ago, Runningfish007 said:

This one is rough. Just getting super frustrated. Got to Gold 2 easy enough. Started this week today, group has 45 people with top score of 600 or so. Been playing for 4 hours and have gotten rear ended and spun out every single race. Still on 0 points for the week.

that's really unlucky considering you started quite late. and yeah, this entire thing just sucks so much. 

On 9/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, Tominator8490 said:

Hi All, I am just wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. I Currently enter a race I will finish the race and anywhere from 50-80 points are taking away from me for no reason. when I have not even done a race. For example I will enter the race at 600 points. I finish the race it says I have 550 and I gained 30points leaving me now at 580. Makes no sense what is happening but its happened a few times this week already. 

Yes this happens to me sometimes, I had 590 points, I just finished a race and it says I got 561+4

7 minutes ago, Joepelus said:

Too bad, was to be promoted from G1 to G2 but other people have farmed while I was asleep :(

Will not be able to play until Saturday, this means I cannot get the trophy this season considering the bug right?

Yeah if you aren't Gold II after today's rankup then unfortunately you can't get the trophy. I would still recommend making sure you stay in gold so that when the season resets you only get demoted to silver instead of bronze

14 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

Yeah if you aren't Gold II after today's rankup then unfortunately you can't get the trophy. I would still recommend making sure you stay in gold so that when the season resets you only get demoted to silver instead of bronze

It doesn't matter whether its gold 1 or 3? I will always just be silver 1?