Elite Racer

samy002

1 hour ago, KekkoPazzini said:

guys don't believe it....I got the elite trophy without running this week!! he tells me on email...252 points came first. I went from gold to elite!! well...ahaha you can't believe it...

https://ibb.co/8KvfSfS

Wait, what! Damn.. why doesn’t this happen to me 😂 i dropped from Gold 3 to Silver 2 ffs

Edited by DCS_RStyles046

this trophy is a complete joke, it should of been removed after the first season when i was bugged, let alone now when it pop for people that didn't even race and were not in line to be promoted (not saying they did anything wrong). it just needs to be removed or auto popped.

11 hours ago, KekkoPazzini said:

guys don't believe it....I got the elite trophy without running this week!! he tells me on email...252 points came first. I went from gold 2 to elite!! well...ahaha you can't believe it...

7 hours ago, kenziesgrandpa-m said:

I got the same thing too, WHAT?!!!

wtf? I'm so confused. So they haven't actually fixed the bug where if you PLAY that week you won't rank up, but if you don't play then you rank up and get the trophy?

41 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

wtf? I'm so confused. So they haven't actually fixed the bug where if you PLAY that week you won't rank up, but if you don't play then you rank up and get the trophy?

It is practically the same score I had achieved the previous week with 250 points coming first as you see in the attached photo from silver 1 to gold 2. Obviously this week () I had not played because I knew that I would not get the trophy if I came first to rise to elite rank... a nice bug and I was lucky! but much!!

sorry for the english 😌

13 minutes ago, Joepelus said:

According to EA the bug is fixed, you can now get the trophy if ur promoted to elite in the last week of the season.

could you link me where they said this please?

Also, I bet they haven't retroactively unlocked it for the people who got screwed over the past few months

Edit: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Bug-Reports/Elite-Racer-Trophy-Achievement-Bugged/m-p/13097024/highlight/false#M11379
Community manager says it should be fixed.

Edited by CosmoWolf_

1 hour ago, KekkoPazzini said:

It is practically the same score I had achieved the previous week with 250 points coming first as you see in the attached photo from silver 1 to gold 2. Obviously this week () I had not played because I knew that I would not get the trophy if I came first to rise to elite rank... a nice bug and I was lucky! but much!!

sorry for the english 😌

So basically you've just logged in on Monday to get your Gold 2 promotion and then didn't play a single game. You just left it where it says play one ranked game to get placed into division group. 

4 hours ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

Quindi, in pratica, hai appena effettuato l'accesso lunedì per ottenere la promozione Gold 2 e poi non hai giocato un solo gioco. L'hai appena lasciato dove dice di giocare una partita classificata per essere inserita nel gruppo di divisione. 

Exactly. I joined last Monday to get promoted to gold 2 and then I left everything pending, no tender done as you said. And yesterday Monday I opened the emails and pop....I didn't understand anything. Promoted to the elite... hahaha

I look and it tells me that I scored 251 points.... these are the points I got to go up to gold 2. it basically continued like last week's copy and paste.... how nice. think I wanted to run on Sunday!!

Edited by KekkoPazzini

17 hours ago, KekkoPazzini said:

guys don't believe it....I got the elite trophy without running this week!! he tells me on email...252 points came first. I went from gold 2 to elite!! well...ahaha you can't believe it...

So you didnt race and got the trophy..  so in other words' you shouldn't have got it.. this is messed up. 

Edited by Tominator8490

Man this trophy is driving me nuts I swear, six races today and just 24 points while I had 59 points in my first race can you believe it? In the beginning from Bronze to Gold 3 went pretty easy, but since I was Gold 3 everything just got worse, the drivers, the ridiculous track limits and finding a proper lobby just takes too long mostly. And then seeing that several players just randomly got the trophy without trying just blows my mind… I also joined a 5 lap race suddenly which I have never seen before, I think they just should do every race 5 laps because half an hour per race is too long! Just thinking about on giving up on this for now and try again when the game is more dead online.. The fun of this is gone and I feel like Im wasting my time on this

Edited by DCS_RStyles046
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

Man this trophy is driving me nuts I swear, six races today and just 24 points while I had 59 points in my first race can you believe it? In the beginning from Bronze to Gold 3 went pretty easy, but since I was Gold 3 everything just got worse, the drivers, the ridiculous track limits and finding a proper lobby just takes too long mostly. And then seeing that several players just randomly got the trophy without trying just blows my mind… I also joined a 5 lap race suddenly which I have never seen before, I think they just should do every race 5 laps because half an hour per race is too long! Just thinking about on giving up on this for now and try again when the game is more dead online.. The fun of this is gone and I feel like Im wasting my time on this

I feel your pain. I was in the same boat in Gold 3 as well. 

Drivers are very skilled and barely anyone crashes. Worst part is that finding game with 15+ players is almost impossible. You would have to sit since morning to evening to catch good races. 

Now, is there any consensus towards which day of the week is the best to rank up? I'm guessing lower ranks won't have problems but once I reach higher divisions the day of the week will be determinant toward the number of spots to rank up.

I think the smarter move would be to rank up from Gold II to Elite, but if anyone could tell me which day of the week is the best to start playing I'll appreciate it.

10 hours ago, Angfer_16 said:

Now, is there any consensus towards which day of the week is the best to rank up? I'm guessing lower ranks won't have problems but once I reach higher divisions the day of the week will be determinant toward the number of spots to rank up.

I think the smarter move would be to rank up from Gold II to Elite, but if anyone could tell me which day of the week is the best to start playing I'll appreciate it.

Fri-Sun will have the most players. In the evenings as well, but that's really dependent on which timezones you match up with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

I feel your pain. I was in the same boat in Gold 3 as well. 

Drivers are very skilled and barely anyone crashes. Worst part is that finding game with 15+ players is almost impossible. You would have to sit since morning to evening to catch good races. 

Exactly. And since I have a family, a 1-year old son and a fulltime job I just dont have that much free time. But yeah what should we do about it, right?

12 hours ago, Angfer_16 said:

Normally they say later in the week because you will have a higher chance to get into a group that hasn’t played much that week, but I can confirm that this theory isn’t always right because I tried it two times (starting on saturday or even sunday) and I got into a group where the top people already had 1500+ points so… Also, the game is becoming more and more dead by the week so getting into a group with lower points is getting more and more difficult. It all depends on a little luck or if you have lots of free time

Edited by DCS_RStyles046

9 minutes ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

Exactly. And since I have a family, a 1-year old son and a fulltime job I just dont have that much free time. But yeah what should we do about it, right?

Normally they say later in the week because you will have a higher chance to get into a group that hasn’t played much that week, but I can confirm that this theory isn’t always right because I tried it two times (starting on saturday or even sunday) and I got into a group where the top people already had 1500+ points so… Also, the game is becoming more and more dead by the week so getting into a group with lower points is getting more and more difficult. It all depends on a little luck or if you have lots of free time

From what I can tell, since the players are declining every week then yes, it looks like if you start racing later in the week then your group will likely be far ahead already. Less players, less groups so new ones don't get made. Gotta get this ASAP really, and it's of course not possible for people to dedicate their lives to this crap for a month.
Imo it'll only get worse as time goes on, player count decreases, and maybe even when 24 comes out this could become unattainable.

3 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

From what I can tell, since the players are declining every week then yes, it looks like if you start racing later in the week then your group will likely be far ahead already. Less players, less groups so new ones don't get made. Gotta get this ASAP really, and it's of course not possible for people to dedicate their lives to this crap for a month.
Imo it'll only get worse as time goes on, player count decreases, and maybe even when 24 comes out this could become unattainable.

Do you know how the points system exactly works? Like, do you also get points in quali (because after a quali lap the game also says 1 clean lap), and many people retire in quali just to start from the back. Whats the advantage of starting from the back, besides trying to avoid the chaos in front of you? Do you get extra points when you start from P20 and 8 people crash and you finish P12? Or why do people retire in quali?

And also, do you get extra points for fastest lap and dotd for example? Because sometime is just weird, some races I finish P4 for example in a 15 player lobby and get 55 points or so, but the race after when I finish P6 in a 18 player lobby I got 60 points for example, it just doesn’t add up sometimes. Also had my first F2 race yesterday which got me 120 points for finishing P2 in a 18 player lobby, but the race after I “only” got 80 points for a P3 in a 20 player lobby. Its so confusing…

9 minutes ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

Do you know how the points system exactly works? Like, do you also get points in quali (because after a quali lap the game also says 1 clean lap), and many people retire in quali just to start from the back. Whats the advantage of starting from the back, besides trying to avoid the chaos in front of you? Do you get extra points when you start from P20 and 8 people crash and you finish P12? Or why do people retire in quali?

And also, do you get extra points for fastest lap and dotd for example? Because sometime is just weird, some races I finish P4 for example in a 15 player lobby and get 55 points or so, but the race after when I finish P6 in a 18 player lobby I got 60 points for example, it just doesn’t add up sometimes. Also had my first F2 race yesterday which got me 120 points for finishing P2 in a 18 player lobby, but the race after I “only” got 80 points for a P3 in a 20 player lobby. Its so confusing…

feel free to check the trophy guide for what I had in my experience.

It's really hard to find a definitive answer. I think positions gained/lost are a big part.

To break down your question:

• I don't think you get points IN quali
  • Starting from the back in the race is only good if you actually make decent places back and keep it clean. You POSSIBLY get points for positions gained compared to your starting position
  • I don't know about fastest lap or DOTD. Very unlikely you get points for DOTD

Remember that you could even DNF with a few laps to go and if you stay in the session somehow you could still GAIN a few points. The system makes no sense. My general method was to DO quali, not push extremely hard, and try and survive the carnage. For a large lobby, I just focus on finishing the race rather than fighting people because they will absolutely screw you over.

If you finish P1 in a 20 person race I think you'd still get more points than going P20 to P2 but I could be wrong.

There's just no definitive ruleset and it's ridiculous that they can't be bothered to tell us.

• Like 1