Elite Racer

samy002

Does anyone here have any tips and tricks for people playing on Controller? 

I see alot of good Playstation players but my guess is all of them are using F1 wheel. 

I am always 2secs behind top times with perfect lap using custom setups. 

I am using Medium TC, ABS and manual gears. Full traction off is impossible on Controller no matter how gentle you are on throttle. 

14 hours ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

Does anyone here have any tips and tricks for people playing on Controller? 

I see alot of good Playstation players but my guess is all of them are using F1 wheel. 

I am always 2secs behind top times with perfect lap using custom setups. 

I am using Medium TC, ABS and manual gears. Full traction off is impossible on Controller no matter how gentle you are on throttle. 

I use med TC, ABS and auto gears. Honestly, the most important thing will always be custom setups. The top players are likely going to use wheels, but it's less common than you think. I've won a decent amount of races and got podiums on controller. Without sounding rude, you just gotta get good, there isn't really set in stone advice that will make you faster.

For those of us currently in Gold 2/3 with the possibility of reaching Elite in just over 3 hours, how are you doing?

For myself i'm P3 with 7 elite spots.

P1 has 3036 points, P7 has 1625 points and I have 2462 points myself.

I'm really hoping the trophy does unlock now, I can't do this another time.

32 minutes ago, Joepelus said:

For those of us currently in Gold 2/3 with the possibility of reaching Elite in just over 3 hours, how are you doing?

Goodluck I hope you get it! 

1 hour ago, Joepelus said:

You’ll get it bro because the season will be there for another week. I think the trophy is only bugged when the season finishes at the same time the deadline of the week ends

4 hours ago, Joepelus said:

Idk what went wrong @Joepelus why it says reply but I didnt replied on anything.

But for the others, have seen people get the Elite Racer trophy today, while myself didnt get relegated to Gold 2 even when I was in relegation zone I stayed in Gold 3. Does someone know by accident of this season will be extended as well, otherwise its once again useless to play this whole week..

Edited by DCS_RStyles046

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

It’s a combination between your final position and the amount of clean laps you get. It could be based on other things too but it’s very hard to tell. 

I do know for a fact that if for example, in a 20 person race, if you place 5th with 100% clean laps, you will get more points than 1st place if they cut corners a few times. Because of this ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS focus on clean laps more than your final position. AALLWWAAYYSS.

Also you will get more points, the more people there are in the lobby, which is why you will often see people leave at the last second if a lobby doesn’t fill up. Never play a race with less than 8 people in, it’s not worth it. Coming 1st with clean laps in a race with 3 people doesn’t give much at all. 

I thankfully got my trophy yesterday, and I was consistently getting 50+ points in each race to get me there, 15+ people with 100% clean laps (or maybe 1 dirty) in each race and you’ll fly up the leaderboard. You also need a lot of free time..

I was lucky enough to have a week off, so I absolutely hammered out F1 Mon-Sat for 12+ hours each day, and I topped my Gold 2 group with 3,057 points. Gold 2 there are less spaces open for Elite, but you’ll get to play in lobbies with people who aren’t as good. This is because as a Gold 2, you can join Gold 1 hosted lobbies. And Gold 1 lobbies contain people Silver 2-Gold 2. (Basically the host can have people join their ranked lobby 1 rank above and below their rank.

If you choose to do this trophy as a Gold 3, there will be slightly more Elite spots available but you’ll only be able to join Gold 2 and Gold 3 hosted lobbies, which are much harder to perform well in.

I’m average in skill and as a Gold 3 3 weeks ago, I got obliterated in every race and gave up, so I deranked to Gold 2 and did it from there. I chose to repeatedly back out of Gold 2 and 3 hosted lobbies (unless they were near full), and only play from Gold 1 hosted lobbies which I recommend most. 

Good luck to all, and pray for Monaco or Saudi Arabia to show up as even 1st place will crash out on those sometimes!!

Thx so much for the info 😁😁

13 hours ago, TiaSp90 said:

Thx so much for the info 😁😁

No problem!

Also to add, people will crash you out a lot, there are a few regular online racers with bad reputations.. I recommend playing on Far Chase view, because then at least for that pesky first lap first corner, you have a better chance of seeing someone coming to shunt you off the track.

If you do get crashed off the track and retired from the race, DO NOT LEAVE THE RACE, REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE THE RACE, as you will lose 50 points regardless of how well you were doing. However, if you remain in the race and wait for it to finish, if you had clean laps leading up to being crashed out, there is a chance you will still gain 10 points or so, so despite having to wait, it's worth it to stay

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

No problem!

Also to add, people will crash you out a lot, there are a few regular online racers with bad reputations.. I recommend playing on Far Chase view, because then at least for that pesky first lap first corner, you have a better chance of seeing someone coming to shunt you off the track.

If you do get crashed off the track and retired from the race, DO NOT LEAVE THE RACE, REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE THE RACE, as you will lose 50 points regardless of how well you were doing. However, if you remain in the race and wait for it to finish, if you had clean laps leading up to being crashed out, there is a chance you will still gain 10 points or so, so despite having to wait, it's worth it to stay

Perfect, everything is clear :) now I'm Gold 1, let's see if they reset or continue at the end of the week, out of curiosity, do you use the Pad or do you have the steering wheel?

31 minutes ago, TiaSp90 said:

Perfect, everything is clear :) now I'm Gold 1, let's see if they reset or continue at the end of the week, out of curiosity, do you use the Pad or do you have the steering wheel?

You will get reset to Silver 1 regardless so there is no point playing this week at all. My recommendation would be next, so from S1 to G1, then G1 to G2, then G2 to elite. However if you are quite skilled I recommend G3.

And I used the pad. While there's no way to prove it, I'm convinced a lot of G3's have steering wheels as some of them make insanely good qualifying times.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

You will get reset to Silver 1 regardless so there is no point playing this week at all. My recommendation would be next, so from S1 to G1, then G1 to G2, then G2 to elite. However if you are quite skilled I recommend G3.

And I used the pad. While there's no way to prove it, I'm convinced a lot of G3's have steering wheels as some of them make insanely good qualifying times.

Very nice, congratz for the platinum and thx again for the info :D

19 minutes ago, TiaSp90 said:

Very nice, congratz for the platinum and thx again for the info :D

One last tip before I forget! When you can see what the 3 weekly tracks are you are racing on, copy the fastest controller based setup from https://simracingsetup.com/setups/f1-23/ for each individual tracks, these setups are done by pros and geared towards what's fastest on each track (speed/downforce), and every race you do, load into each one! And when it comes to assists, turn braking and steering off, but I still used automatic gears and full traction

• Like 2

2 hours ago, willmill97 said:

No problem!

Why the fuck am I reading this after ALWAYS quitting after beeing DNFd. I hate myself.

19 minutes ago, xhounz said:

Why the fuck am I reading this after ALWAYS quitting after beeing DNFd. I hate myself.

Haha well now you know! What view are you playing in? As I said I strongly recommend Far Chase, once I transitioned to Far Chase I was getting DNF'd so much less. In far chase you can much better judge whether to hang back on certain corners than you can on cockpit view or helmet cam.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Haha well now you know! What view are you playing in? As I said I strongly recommend Far Chase, once I transitioned to Far Chase I was getting DNF'd so much less. In far chase you can much better judge whether to hang back on certain corners than you can on cockpit view or helmet cam.

just turn on the virtual rear mirror, playing in chase cam is just gonna make you so much slower. With the rear mirror you won't need to mess with the right thumbstick.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

just turn on the virtual rear mirror, playing in chase cam is just gonna make you so much slower. With the rear mirror you won't need to mess with the right thumbstick.

Personally I never did well with helmet cam or any other first person views; I think it's because I've been used to far chase for most other F1 games, I was always doing faster with that. But the main reason I recommend it isn't so much the people the behind you, they're not a threat. It's the people in front and beside you that you need to worry about, (something the far chase view shows easy) because of how quickly your race can be over from front wing damage. A good view of everyone around you can stop that quite consistently too.

Got the trophy last week, some of my tips:

Use Traction Control

Use ABS

Use the racing line

Automatically open DRS, don't bother pressing the button.

I used manual gears myself as it sometimes help with traction in corners, however I think automatic will be fine aswell.

Use MANUAL ERS to get the most out of ERS usages, helps you stay in DRS range etc.

Use the racing line

Some of these tips might sound stupid for experienced drivers, however this trophy isn't about being fast its about endurance.

Use a setup from online and/or time trial leaderbords, do a few laps to see how it feels and if needed adjust or pick another. When you are ready just start racing, don't bother learning the tracks as it will come anyway in ranked.

If someone is faster than you, don't defend too much. It might only DNF you both or you might clean laps.

Adjust pit stop strategies, sometimes pitting from medium to soft a round earlier is beneficial, I did this in saudi for example!

Never quit after a DNF, just have a shit do the laundry and continue the next match, in some cases I actually gained points after a DNF.

The last week (Gold 2/3 to Elite) you will have to play alot! I played over 50 hours that week and was P3 with 7 elite spots.

Don't bother racing with less than 10 players, ideally you race in full lobbys but I found the player base declining fast and sometimes settled with 10+ players just for the sake of getting some points.

Last but possibly not least, during the last week I often found myself peaking whether my competitors were online to get a feeling about whether their points would change. I actually hid my online status. These are Christian Horner level mindgames.

Edited by Joepelus
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the info guys. Questions about custom set ups. 

When I use custom set up from top 10 players from the leaderboard I still find myself 2secs slower than them even with perfect laps. What is the issue? 

Custom set ups are from PC and Xbox, sometimes playstation but does that impact playstation somehow? I mean custom set ups from different platforms. 

Also somebody told me that all these set ups are for time trial only and use Soft tires exclusively. How do you find the right ones for races ? 

14 minutes ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

When I use custom set up from top 10 players from the leaderboard I still find myself 2secs slower than them even with perfect laps. What is the issue? 

Custom set ups are from PC and Xbox, sometimes playstation but does that impact playstation somehow? I mean custom set ups from different platforms. 

Also somebody told me that all these set ups are for time trial only and use Soft tires exclusively. How do you find the right ones for races ? 

the custom setups for time trial are always going to be tailored to a one-lap soft tyre run, where speed is the priority. Obviously transferring to a race it's not going to be 'tailored' to a race pace but it really doesn't matter.

You should still use the time trial set ups in races. The setup will get you the optimum speeds on straights and downforce around corners.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

2 seconds below a number 10 in time trial is enough to win online races :)

Even 5 lol