Servers still online changing DNS!!

The CRT haven't approved any of the Custom Transformers servers, thus you will be flagged for cheating and told to hide the list when you're inevitably caught. If it's not on this list, it's not site legal:

Edited by HuntingFever
Added the correct link.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The CRT haven't approved any of the Custom Transformers servers, thus you will be flagged for cheating and told to hide the list when you're inevitably caught. If it's not on this list, it's not site legal:

Hey guys, I just noticed that this DNS is the same people are putting to play singularity since January. I don't remember seeing anyone there telling that it's a flag 0.o 

Now I'm confused. Because I was planning to do the singularity online trophies but I'm not sure if it's gonna be a flag like the transformers 0.o

41 minutes ago, tranquilu said:

Hey guys, I just noticed that this DNS is the same people are putting to play singularity since January. I don't remember seeing anyone there telling that it's a flag 0.o 

Now I'm confused. Because I was planning to do the singularity online trophies but I'm not sure if it's gonna be a flag like the transformers 0.o

In that case, it's best to clarify things with @MMDE or one of the other CRT members before doing anything else: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T_Fernandes_No said:

I´d like to know if i use this dns  ,primary 188.225.75.35 and dns secondary  1.1.1.1  

can i play online using these alternate dns and not get banned from the game here?

I think 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) is a red herring, and has nothing to do with how you're playing online now. Could have used 8.8.8.8 (Google) etc too. This just makes sure you can contact most things online using a domain name.

188.225.75.35, that makes it so when your console wants to contact the transformers servers, it basically asks the dns server at the 188... address where the transformer server domain is. It will reply with that it's at some specific ip, but at that ip is a custom server. I think in this case, it's the "Transformers ReEnergized Community"? I'm in their discord, but yeah, I don't think the source code for the server is public, and as long as that is true, it won't be approved.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, beldc01 said:

@baboon_overlord simple they want control over something that they have no right to have control over. It’s great that these groups are reviving these old games and keeping the source code secure so these games will remain playable. Many other trophy/achievement sites consider these servers legit, which they are. If you want to go for the game go for it and go to another site to track your leaderboard position. 

Thank you, I appreciate the comment. ?

I won't violate the terms of this site because I like it a lot and I use it daily. It's by far the best site (aside from the fake geometric mean DLC rarity, which annoys me intensely).

I haven't seen any servers that would tempt me. I would dearly love for someone to recreate the Uncharted 2 and 3 servers. I could have gotten the Uncharted 3 100% on my old account if I had known what boosting was back in the day.

I think I see your point about why the source code is closed (harder to patch out via firmware, right?). Which makes my comment about the CRT testing these servers personally even more relevant. It would be just like a "mystery shopper", right?

"A Mystery Shopper is a person who poses as a real customer whilst assessing the customer service provided by a company or organisation"

I think it's unacceptable that Sony closes servers down for their own exclusive games. As far as I understand, companies need to pay Sony a fee to have MP games on PSN. Since it would be extremely dumb for Sony to charge themselves for this privilege, why ever take down servers?

I played Uncharted 3 on the very last day before the server closed down and the server was packed (and people were playing legit). It's not like no-one was playing the game.    

So yes. I despise DLC, especially for the PS3 since it never gets discounted. I despise server closures and I hate digital games disappearing because of BS reasons. I also resent anyone who bought a digital only PS5 because they are helping to create a future for gaming I want no part in. Steam is an amazing platform but I can guarantee that a digital only PS is going to be hell. 

Something that has been in my brain today: I spent a good while looking for hacked servers to get level 50 for RDR1. Couldn't find any so did it legit. Literally, as soon as I got the trophy, many people I know got Level 50 through hacked servers. FML. Please explain what the difference is between finding a hacked server to get Level 50 on RDR1 (legit on this site) and accidentally finding a server on Black Ops II which does the exact same thing but gives you all the trophies (not legit on this site).

• Like 1

@baboon_overlord man I would love to clean up UC2, 3, and TLOU PS3. I was in the same boat back then, more of just a casual player and never boosted. Those games were quite popular and I could see someone trying to revive them at some point. The issue with RDR is two things. There really is no good way to prove someones level trophies were unlocked in a hacked lobby and that method actually used to be approved by PSNP. With Black Ops 2 at this moment in time, Big Leagues can only be unlocked with the help of hacks. However, many other sites allow big leagues if it was one of your last trophies as there is no way to play the online legitimately to complete every other trophy without running the risk of hackers. 

Edited by beldc01
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, beldc01 said:

The issue with RDR is two things. There really is no good way to prove someones level trophies were unlocked in a hacked lobby and that method actually used to be approved by PSNP. 

Thank you. I do understand that, it was more of a rhetorical/mechanical point I was trying to make. You are literally doing the exact same thing but one is allowed.

There is a thread on the RDR1 page for people looking for hacked servers, so I doubt it is "banned", but as you say it's virtually undetectable anyway. 

7 hours ago, beldc01 said:

With Black Ops 2 at this moment in time, Big Leagues can only be unlocked with the help of hacks. However, many other sites allow big leagues if it was one of your last trophies as there is no way to play the online legitimately to complete every other trophy without running the risk of hackers. 

I see. In which case I apologize. I have a friend who was affected by this but that was quite some time ago. I assumed the flag was just for unlocking trophies all at once. I'm pretty sure my friend got this while that was obtainable and synched his trophies out of excitement because he couldn't believe his luck and didn't know it wasn't allowed. He then had to hide them which messed up some of his landmark trophies.

Yes, TLoU on PS3 would be great as well. I'm going to get the PS4 version done soon (for some reason I actually thought that was also unobtainable as well until a friend asked me about it). 

On 6/10/2023 at 2:32 AM, baboon_overlord said:

For one, the original servers weren't "open source". If people are earning trophies at a "rate" that would be normal, what is the problem? Can't the CRT play on an alt and see if everything is legit? You say you are in their server, can't you have a poke around and check it yourself?

The original servers were the original servers, so not really a point.

I've been in their discord for at least months, and I already know they do several things that the rules were intended to prevent. Things like keeping it a community that blocks people, and I don't know future plans of some kind of paid services or some kind of gateway to the servers etc. Could also be pulled any time etc. It would also set a bad precedence, make a market for people to develop paid servers, locked communities or similar.

Not being funny, but if you have staff that have the competency to read open source server code, they should know how to program as well. Why not crowd fund development on this site? I would be willing to contribute because I believe in paying people for their time at the very least, even if the end result is open source.

Don't get me wrong, if I was going to set up a server like this, I would of course open source it, I see no reason why you wouldn't, since no money is changing hands for usage (unless I'm mistaken?). So I also don't get why the devs of these things don't do that either. Maybe someone could fork what they did and make it even better.

I already got a job where I develop a server. I don't think this site wants to touch crowd funding. If you want, you can propose making the source code open in exchange for money. 

I would sincerely hope that any attempt at making unobtainable trophies obtainable would be welcomed, so I'm struggling to understand this site's apprehension in that regard. For example, I bought SOCOM 4 knowing that the Plat was unobtainable. I got the hardest trophy the other week and the MP trophies I'm missing for that are basically a 1/10 difficulty. If someone made a closed-source MP server for that, I don't see why that would be worthy of a flag since the requirements are so trivial to begin with.

I also don't understand flagging people for Black Ops II when it is well known that hackers can unlock all the trophies for unwitting players. Of course it's PS3, so synching your trophies is optional, which I totally understand IF you know about that particular "rule". Deleting your profile on PS3 is hardly a big deal, but if you don't know, you don't know. Ignorance of the law IS an excuse in my humble opinion.

From what I have seen, the vast majority of cheaters on this site have dozens, hundreds or even thousands of games they "completed" in a few seconds. If one user has a 100% clean profile and only got a suspicious Black Ops II trophy list, I think it should be obvious that they were affected by a hacker.

I bring that up because I see an inconsistency:

- Activision can't be bothered to patrol their own servers and Sony don't care about weird trophies = even when playing legit, flag using official servers on PSN Profiles
- Play legit on closed-source servers = flag on unofficial servers on PSN Profiles

I'm not looking for an argument. I just struggle to see the rationale.

Many thanks and have a good weekend. 1f44d.png

Until very recently, you'd be flagged for using any of these custom servers. Online trophies eventually going unobtainable was just a part of the deal. One could have alternative requirements, or even change them when going unobtainable, but the first few have done and the latter basically none have. Don't believe a word of what they are saying when they claim they can't change them, because I've seen so many trophy lists change after release, added new base game trophies required for platinum, or change the game so the requirements are totally different, or just change the requirements and text all together. One of the earliest trophies to go unobtainable was a FIFA trophy, it wasn't available at launch, and then went unobtainable after just some few months. Not difficult trophy at all, and if you downloaded someone else's save you could still unlock it, and many did, with the same excuses. 

Anyway, what Sony does is not really a concern to us. They don't do anything about quite a lot of stuff very few trophy hunters would like allowing. Some super rare trophies with few owners can be as extreme as like 1% on PSNP and 10% on PSN because so many people cheat. The argument about how easy the trophies are is pretty pointless, you still gotta do them.

The vast majority of cheaters on this site does not have thousands of games they "completed". We see some few every day, but we see way more other people.

Honestly, a lot of what you argue at the end here a cheater would too to justify why it's okay to cheat a trophy.

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2023 at 2:13 AM, MMDE said:

The original servers were the original servers, so not really a point.

I've been in their discord for at least months, and I already know they do several things that the rules were intended to prevent. Things like keeping it a community that blocks people, and I don't know future plans of some kind of paid services or some kind of gateway to the servers etc. Could also be pulled any time etc. It would also set a bad precedence, make a market for people to develop paid servers, locked communities or similar.

I already got a job where I develop a server. I don't think this site wants to touch crowd funding. If you want, you can propose making the source code open in exchange for money. 

Until very recently, you'd be flagged for using any of these custom servers. Online trophies eventually going unobtainable was just a part of the deal. One could have alternative requirements, or even change them when going unobtainable, but the first few have done and the latter basically none have. Don't believe a word of what they are saying when they claim they can't change them, because I've seen so many trophy lists change after release, added new base game trophies required for platinum, or change the game so the requirements are totally different, or just change the requirements and text all together. One of the earliest trophies to go unobtainable was a FIFA trophy, it wasn't available at launch, and then went unobtainable after just some few months. Not difficult trophy at all, and if you downloaded someone else's save you could still unlock it, and many did, with the same excuses. 

Anyway, what Sony does is not really a concern to us. They don't do anything about quite a lot of stuff very few trophy hunters would like allowing. Some super rare trophies with few owners can be as extreme as like 1% on PSNP and 10% on PSN because so many people cheat. The argument about how easy the trophies are is pretty pointless, you still gotta do them.

The vast majority of cheaters on this site does not have thousands of games they "completed". We see some few every day, but we see way more other people.

Honestly, a lot of what you argue at the end here a cheater would too to justify why it's okay to cheat a trophy.

Hi MMDE,

My sincere apologies for not replying sooner. I have various plugins, extensions and other security measures on my laptop and I have been unable to access the Forum at all. I saw you replied but even on three browsers, Cloudflare would glitch out and not let me see/do anything.

I really don't want to get into an argument with you but I really think you have misconstrued my points completely. I have clarified my thinking in other posts I made on this thread as well.

My overarching point is that digital sucks. If you are going to insert multiplayer into single player games, then at least have the decency to put LAN support in. I am very sure that the entire industry knows about Xlink Kai by now, it's hardly new. Of course I am well aware that MP has a cost associated with it. But you know the devs put that in because in most cases, the publishers wanted to sell DLC.

I am all about game preservation and TROPHY preservation and wanting players to have equal access to trophies and games they love. Born ten years too late to Plat this game? Sorry, you are SOL. Missed out on Platting this game because in real life you were too busy to finish it? Tough. I would have thought that you of all people would understand this.

I find it baffling that I need to explain this to a member of the cheater removal team. If you don't understand what I am talking about then I don't know what to say further. 

"I've been in their discord for at least months, and I already know they do several things that the rules were intended to prevent. Things like keeping it a community that blocks people, and I don't know future plans of some kind of paid services or some kind of gateway to the servers etc. Could also be pulled any time etc. It would also set a bad precedence, make a market for people to develop paid servers, locked communities or similar."

I 100% agree that is unacceptable. I would hope that people would develop a program with full assembly code so you could compile the exe yourself and it runs like Xlink. If it's a socialized clique, where if your face doesn't fit you can't access it, then that's just BS.

"The argument about how easy the trophies are is pretty pointless, you still gotta do them."

I don't see how doing 1/10 trophies on a custom server in an acceptable time frame is a bad thing. Please play through SOCOM 4 on Elite for the trophies and come back to me. I'm only pretending to be passive aggressive but it's true. ?

"I don't think this site wants to touch crowd funding. If you want, you can propose making the source code open in exchange for money." 

Yes, I can see that might incur legal issues. In light of the recent tech API issues, specifically in regard to reddit, that might be a bad idea. Also, I am sure that anyone who recreates servers might have to break Sony's ToS to do so, either using CFW or an emulator to get to the source code. Maybe even packet sniffing is against the ToS. Point taken.

In any case, if I were to do this myself I wouldn't crowd source it, would pay it out of my own pocket/business and work with your good self and other admins of this site to make sure it was legit. 

"The vast majority of cheaters on this site does not have thousands of games they "completed". We see some few every day, but we see way more other people"

I agree that the "vast majority" don't have thousands of cheated trophies. If you read my post correctly I specifically said "From what I have seen, the vast majority of cheaters on this site have dozens, hundreds or even thousands". I'm not sure you typed this correctly (no offense). I reported someone who had over a thousand illegitimate S-Ranks just the other day. You are at the "coal face" so I'm not going to argue with you, but I hope someone of your intelligence would know the difference between dozens, hundreds and thousands.This is the account I reported, they had well over a thousand fake Plats/100%s. I have deliberately redacted everything other than the trophy count.

https://i.imgur.com/cvM1Xly.jpg  

"Honestly, a lot of what you argue at the end here a cheater would too to justify why it's okay to cheat a trophy."

A very low blow that is unworthy of you. I seem to recall we have chatted in the past and got on fine. Cheating at video game trophies/achievements is pathetic, if I am not skilled enough to earn a trophy, that game will forever sit at whatever completion it is. Cheating at multiplayer games is even more pathetic because everyone knows you are cheating. As for the CFW assholes that spam up this website and take up what I would guess is 99% of your time by completing games in a few seconds, what they hope to achieve I have no idea. Believe it or not, I am on your side bro, I'm just trying to have a semi-intellectual discussion.

Peace out and have a good weekend.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey there all, I am a bit late to the orty but I really need clarification before I proceed. I am missing the leaderboards and DLC MP trophies too. Would trying the DNS trick flag me? Or is it considered a white flag now. And also can I go for the other transformers games MP trophies too? 
All responses/clarification are greatly appreciated!!

4 minutes ago, Joey-_-1999 said:

Hey there all, I am a bit late to the orty but I really need clarification before I proceed. I am missing the leaderboards and DLC MP trophies too. Would trying the DNS trick flag me? Or is it considered a white flag now. And also can I go for the other transformers games MP trophies too? 
All responses/clarification are greatly appreciated!!

Pretty sure all the custom ReEnergize Transformers servers have now been shuttered, so I think it’s a moot point.

13 hours ago, Joey-_-1999 said:

Thanks for the prompt reply @diskdocx, however what do you mean by have been shuttered? I see some recent achievers that have got the trophies the past weeks.

I thought the team behind ReEnergize had closed the servers due to some community toxicity. I must have misunderstood. 

I looked back through the archives. There were some DDOS issues early in the summer. Looks like they went offline for a while, but have been back up for the past 3 months.

Still not allowed here. The custom servers haven’t been approved so any recent earners will be reported eventually and removed from the leaderboards here.

• Like 2