What's Your Rank %?

ProfBambam55

Big math fan here. I've been out of leaderboard contention since sites like this have existed but noticed earlier the country and world ranks on my profile. I've been a pretty avid yet casual gamer over the years and never put much thought into my rankings but the numbers kind of stood out. I was thinking with the talks of shovelware flooding worldwide ruining trophy values, the "You can get 1000 plats overnight if you can afford it" and "You'll never get near the top 1000 if you didn't start 10 years ago", I'd be way down at the bottom. And then I started wondering: what percentile do I fall into after all these years? So here it is, the math:

Country ranking:

Rank / # of tracked gamers in Country (scroll to last page) x 100 = Rank percentile

World ranking:

Rank / # of tracked gamers in World (Currently 4,919,647) x 100 = Rank percentile

Here's how my numbers look:

??1,257 / 206,515 x 100 = %0.60

?28,646 / 4,919,647 x 100 = %0.58

If the above is correct, than I fare in the top %1. I'm not saying this to brag at all. I was more surprised than anything. I've only played about 200 games over a span of 20+-ish years. If the talks of pay to plat are true then I would assume that most people lower in rank than I am are also pretty casual gamers. Meaning that potentially over %99 percent of gamers are not in the leaderboard rat race here. Faith in humanity restored. Haha. Not sure if anyone else is impressed by these types of numbers but I've just added " Top 1% Worldwide on PSNProfiles" to my CV.

I'd be curious to hear what percentile you guys fall into. Feel free to share your ranks if you find yourselves in the mood for math. For those who do: was it what you expected? Or did you think you'd be higher/lower based on your style of earning trophies? Are we all %1ers on the forums here?

All I got. Thanks.

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

@ProfBambam55

1f1e9-1f1ea.png 2.016 / 239.374 x 100 = 0,84%

1f30d.png 19.202 / 4.920.111 x 100 = 0,39%

I would like to know my % in terms of ultra rares, but I can only guess.

UR top 200 / 4.920.111 x 100 = 0,004%

wow...germany seems to be quite competitive compared to canada...

that last thought is exactly what sparked this thread...what are the top competitors thinking? Whether it be the leaderboards here, the completists, the ultra rare hunters, etc. ...is top %0.01 good enough?...or %0.001?...or %0.0000001?...I mean, I was surprised by %1...that's like a dude at a graduation ceremony in a school gymnasium with the most trophies...in your ur example, you'd be the dude with the rarest trophies at a pro sports event...haha...

49 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

sounds like fun

World: 871,407/4,920,111 x 100 = 17.71%

expected lower % to be honest, can only go down from here tho

why do you seem morbid about your profile?...honest question...am now curious as to your gaming "philosophy"(for lack of a better term)...appreciate the stats...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

wow...germany seems to be quite competitive compared to canada...

that last thought is exactly what sparked this thread...what are the top competitors thinking? Whether it be the leaderboards here, the completists, the ultra rare hunters, etc. ...is top %0.01 good enough?...or %0.001?...or %0.0000001?...I mean, I was surprised by %1...that's like a dude at a graduation ceremony in a school gymnasium with the most trophies...in your ur example, you'd be the dude with the rarest trophies at a pro sports event...haha...

why do you seem morbid about your profile?...honest question...am now curious as to your gaming "philosophy"(for lack of a better term)...appreciate the stats...

what i mean to say is that my % will go down when i earn trophies, most of the accounts i pass on the leaders boards are abandoned. i play mainly what i want, when i want (mainly weekends and holidays as i'm away from school lol) 

15 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

what i mean to say is that my % will go down when i earn trophies, most of the accounts i pass on the leaders boards are abandoned. i play mainly what i want, when i want (mainly weekends and holidays as i'm away from school lol) 

apologies for the optimism but mathematically, based on what you've said, your account will inevitably go up in ranks...haha...

side note: I also play what I want, when I want on a limited life timeline so I think it's kind of a mute point or proof that in spite of our differences most of us are doing just that...and that's fantastic news, no?...i browse the forums here much less often than before and the topics here sometimes make it seem like it's 50/50 between average gamer / competitive gamer but it's not...turns out the top %0.00000001 or whatever are just really vocal...haha...

My country isn't represented on PSNP or PSN, so I guess I need to use the UK stats...

"Country" ?? - 354 / 501,101 x 100 = 0.07%

Global: ? - 3,294 / 4,920,455 x 100 = 0.07%

presumably, given the near identical stats, the UK LB represents a pretty accurate sample of the global board ?

also, pleasingly my percentages will only go up, as I am enjoying seeing myself slide down the LBs like custard down a wall ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Country 1f1f3-1f1ff.png 48/25,962x100 = 0.18%

World 1f30f.png 7,947/4,920,455x100 = 0.16%

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

My country isn't represented on PSNP or PSN, so I guess I need to use the UK stats...

"Country" 1f1ec-1f1e7.png - 354 / 501,101 x 100 = 0.07%

Global: 1f30d.png - 3,294 / 4,920,455 x 100 = 0.07%

presumably, given the near identical stats, the UK LB represents a pretty accurate sample of the global board 1f914.png

also, pleasingly my percentages will only go up, as I am enjoying seeing myself slide down the LBs like custard down a wall 1f602.png

this is interesting...fanatic you have about double the games I do and dr.b about 3.5...so if I spent another 20-50 years at this pace of gaming, I'd still place in the top 1% of the current lb...haha...weird...never been so satisfied with mediocrity...and I guess we really are light years behind the top competitors...thanks for the data...

• Like 1

On 11/06/2023 at 0:53 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

1f30e.png 28,646 / 4,919,647 x 100 = %0.58

AR - %36.83

Overall - 18.70

On 11/06/2023 at 1:58 PM, D-E-U-S-X said:

1f30d.png 19.202 / 4.920.111 x 100 = 0.39%

AR - 34.27%

Overall - 17.33

On 11/06/2023 at 2:28 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

? 871,407/4,920,111 x 100 = 17.71%

AR - 65.75%

Overall - 41.73

21 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

1f30f.png 7,947/4,920,455x100 = 0.16%

AR - 34.67%

Overall - 17.41

19 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

1f30d.png 3,294 / 4,920,455 x 100 = 0.07%

AR - 43.75%

Overall - 21.91

apologies for the double post but this one is drastically different from the previous one...I just had a thought about a potentially fun rarity leaderboard...I've always found the average rarity stat to be the most accurate indicator of a person's rarity value given the data we have available...the issue in terms of displaying this on a leaderboard is that a person with one %0.01 trophy would rank higher than someone with a hundred %0.1 ones...but what if we took an average of our world LB position and the rarity stat...would it better represent an idea of rarity?...the math is quite simple:

(LB% + AR%) / 2 = Profile Rarity

I've taken the liberty of calculating everyone's rarity for fun...see the above quotes for our ranks...i tried it out on some of the top lb profiles, some of the top ur hunters, and one of my alts that had only the gtaiv mp trophies and it was interesting...everyone was where you would think they would be without needing to inflate/deflate any values and the overall number is really easy to read...haha...any thoughts?...

3 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I've taken the liberty of calculating everyone's rarity for fun...see the above quotes for our ranks...i tried it out on some of the top lb profiles, some of the top ur hunters, and one of my alts that had only the gtaiv mp trophies and it was interesting...everyone was where you would think they would be without needing to inflate/deflate any values and the overall number is really easy to read...haha...any thoughts?...

I don't endorse using Average Rarity for any kind of rankings - especially on PSNP. 

TBH, I think any LB using "average rarity" is pretty dumb, for 3 main reasons:

1. It results in a situation where two players could be at exactly the same rank, one plays a good but relatively common game, and the other plays nothing... and the first player moves down.

2. As any normal profile grows, it will inevitable normalise towards 50% Average rarity... unless the player is specifically picking games for their trophy stats, and not for enjoyment. Not exactly something to be encouraged.

3. Average rarity includes DLC rarities, which are broken on this site.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I don't endorse using Average Rarity for any kind of rankings - especially on PSNP. 

TBH, I think any LB using "average rarity" is pretty dumb, for 3 main reasons:

1. It results in a situation where two players could be at exactly the same rank, one plays a good but relatively common game, and the other plays nothing... and the first player moves down.

2. As any normal profile grows, it will inevitable normalise towards 50% Average rarity... unless the player is specifically picking games for their trophy stats, and not for enjoyment. Not exactly something to be encouraged.

3. Average rarity includes DLC rarities, which are broken on this site.

I don't disagree with any of your points...to me, it's just fun with numbers...haha...I don't know why but my brain just loves them...even when they are essentially meaningless...i.e. this thread...

• Like 1

I may not be a trophy hunter but I am now curious whereabouts my main account stands %age wise. Interesting idea. I've never paid attention to the leaderboards aside from noticing that since the shovelware boom I've dropped significantly and whenever I happen to look I have a red number for my ranks xD

?? 0.27%

? 0.23%

A fair bit higher than expected yet also not too surprised having read other people's posts and getting a rough idea what kind of numbers I'd be in for based off of those. I didn't expect it to come close to under 1% instinctively but I guess it goes to show just how many people are scanned on here.

It is a funny thing with rankings, you sometimes never really notice or appreciate how many people you're above when reading your position, only how many you're below lol.

19 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I may not be a trophy hunter but I am now curious whereabouts my main account stands %age wise. Interesting idea. I've never paid attention to the leaderboards aside from noticing that since the shovelware boom I've dropped significantly and whenever I happen to look I have a red number for my ranks xD

1f1ec-1f1e7.png 0.27%

1f30d.png 0.23%

A fair bit higher than expected yet also not too surprised having read other people's posts and getting a rough idea what kind of numbers I'd be in for based off of those. I didn't expect it to come close to under 1% instinctively but I guess it goes to show just how many people are scanned on here.

It is a funny thing with rankings, you sometimes never really notice or appreciate how many people you're above when reading your position, only how many you're below lol.

You are not a trophy hunter? That's interesting ?

4 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

You are not a trophy hunter? That's interesting 1f914.png

Yeah, off topic but I was brought into this scene by friends who are, particularly a bit more recently via a couple Twitch streamers I've watched. I don't think it's really all that interesting however as I'm not the only member on these forums who isn't a trophy hunter xD even if we are naturally going to be a minority here, we do exist ?.

2 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Yeah, off topic but I was brought into this scene by friends who are, particularly a bit more recently via a couple Twitch streamers I've watched. I don't think it's really all that interesting however as I'm not the only member on these forums who isn't a trophy hunter xD even if we are naturally going to be a minority here, we do exist 1f44d.png.

I could swear I heard someone mention how much he looked up to all your urs and hard games, but maybe he's confusing it with another profile.

• 3 months later...