Worth playing & buying all the DLC’s ???

Tristan1427

The game with all DLCs included is NOT dirty cheap!
If you're talking about the Ultimate Content Bundle, then be aware, that it only includes everything released until 2020, when the bundle came out.
That means from Snowfall to Sunset Harbor, plus a few Content Creator Packs and Radio Stations. Everything else is extra.

Is it worth it? When the stuff is on sale, then absolutely. The game is a fun city builder. It doesn't matter which version you'll get.
The Remastered version is always behind with updates: The Hotels & Retreats DLC will come by the end of summer.
And more map tiles is just an option, if you'll activate it, it deactivates trophies.

@HaserPL I have this game but I haven’t started it yet. I used to love Sim City and thought it would be like that. I probably don’t have the version with all the DLC’s and did I read somewhere the servers are closing or something happening with it soon? Not sure whether to start it.. don’t want to miss out on a good city builder ??‍♀️

5 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

@HaserPL I have this game but I haven’t started it yet. I used to love Sim City and thought it would be like that. I probably don’t have the version with all the DLC’s and did I read somewhere the servers are closing or something happening with it soon? Not sure whether to start it.. don’t want to miss out on a good city builder ??‍♀️

@nik_west explained how to obtain every DLC pack. the game itself is great, but a few trophies are absolutely soul-sucking so it's up to you. Babysitting the console alone for What The? Trophy can possibly take anywhere from a few to a few hundred hours. 

I was wondering if it was expensive? Console running isn’t a problem. I usually play my PS4/PS3 if I have something running on PS5. How much babysitting? Can I just check every 15 mins or so or does it have to be constant? Had one game running for 600 hours is it longer than that? That got tedious in the end. I’ll read up about it more before I decide. I just thought it was going to be unobtainable soon but can’t remember where I read that. 

It’s great. Easily the best City Builder I’ve played - and that includes the Maxis games.

It’s a little convoluted trying to get all the dlc now (there’s like 8 years worth of content there, so can seem expensive as a single game, but less so when you consider how much work the whole package encompasses)…

…but it’s worth it.

Also, every purchase of the game or the dlc for PS4 gives you the same thing for the PS5 version

44 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It’s great. Easily the best City Builder I’ve played - and that includes the Maxis games.

It’s a little convoluted trying to get all the dlc now (there’s like 8 years worth of content there, so can seem expensive as a single game, but less so when you consider how much work the whole package encompasses)…

…but it’s worth it.

Also, every purchase of the game or the dlc for PS4 gives you the same thing for the PS5 version

I think I bought it a couple of years ago and don’t think I got a good version or anything so I’ll probably have to purchase it all. Have I dreamt up a server closure for this game? ? or is it unobtainable soon for another reason? I remember thinking I better start that soon if I wanted to finish it.. 

That’s great to know because I’ve really enjoyed all the Maxis games I’ve played. Was hooked on them as a kid and didn’t think anything would beat sim city! Will have to try it out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I think I bought it a couple of years ago and don’t think I got a good version or anything so I’ll probably have to purchase it all. Have I dreamt up a server closure for this game? ? or is it unobtainable soon for another reason? I remember thinking I better start that soon if I wanted to finish it.. 

That’s great to know because I’ve really enjoyed all the Maxis games I’ve played. Was hooked on them as a kid and didn’t think anything would beat sim city! Will have to try it out.

nah shouldn’t ever be subject to server closures or anything like that - the only reason I can think someone might think “I need to do this soon”…

…is because Cities Skylines II is finally releasing in October this year ? and they might want to put a ribbon on the first one before that!

Ah I’m always behind the times with games playing them years sometimes decades after release ? the only good thing is there’s a lot of detailed guides by the time I get to them. I’ll most likely play the first one first it makes me feel funny playing things out of order.

Having nostalgia remembering Sim Citys power plants powering my city.. seeing the water rush round the map from the water place and the thrill I got setting stuff on fire ?

• Like 1

I wouldnt say its dirty cheap, but I was gonna buy the Mayors edition which is on sale atm, but its priced $20. I should had bought it 2yrs ago when it was $15 though. Maybe I will just wait till this holiday and see the price, so confusing what I need to buy, cant they just come out with a complete ultimate final edition. haha

If you like city builders it's worth it, if not then skip. May as well plan ahead and buy everything you need on sale.

Only caveat is having to leave your console AFK for the Chirpnado to spawn, which can be the very first disaster you encounter or it can take dozens of hours.. long live RNG. It's 100% AFKable though so not really an issue.

Plays way better on PC with mods and such, so if you're not tired by the time you finish the trophy list I'd recommend moving your gameplay there.

Good luck

17 hours ago, Aodir said:

Only caveat is having to leave your console AFK for the Chirpnado to spawn, which can be the very first disaster you encounter or it can take dozens of hours.. long live RNG. It's 100% AFKable though so not really an issue.

it can’t actually - Chirpnados only begin to have a chance of spawning in a city after it has already seen 200 other disasters…

…so you can speed the process up quite a lot, by manually spawning 200 disasters first, then doing the AFK stuff.

That should cut down the number of hours required for it by a good 100 or so

Edited by DrBloodmoney

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

it can’t actually - Chirpnados only begin to have a chance of spawning in a city after it has already seen 200 other disasters…

…so you can speed the process up quite a lot, by manually spawning 200 disasters first, then doing the AFK stuff.

That should cut down the number of hours required for it by a good 100 or so

Good add but I meant it as the first disaster you encounter when you start AFKing for it, not that you'd load the city for the first time and it just so happens to be the first disaster you get.

Edited by Aodir
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Good add but I meant it as the first disaster you encounter when you start AFKing for it, not that you'd load the city for the first time and it just so happens to be the first disaster you get.

Ah - true, fair point!