Missing Timestamps on PS3

myst1ry

Just got done earning platinum but my timestamps are missing from game?

Is there way to fix it ? don't want this to keep happening.

The internal clock keeps showing 12:00 everytime i start my ps3

Edited by myst1ry

It sounds like the battery on the Motherboard is either dead or dying so needs replacing, fortunately it's just a standard cell/button battery so is easy and cheap to find. Once you have replaced it and signed into PSN again, all your future timestamps will be present in correct but there's no fixing any lists that already have missing timestamps.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

That happened with my first ever trophy on this account. Lmao I thought I did something illegal / my account was gonna get banned haha... good times. I still havent been able to fix it though, I thought maybe resyncing trophies would fix it but it didnt.

AoiLegend.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AoiLegend said:

That happened with my first ever trophy on this account. Lmao I thought I did something illegal / my account was gonna get banned haha... good times. I still havent been able to fix it though, I thought maybe resyncing trophies would fix it but it didnt.

AoiLegend.png

Once you have missing timestamps on your profile, you're stuck with them forever :(.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had a different story but similar problem.

I was without internet this weekend, so I thought: time to go back to the ps3 and finish my last steins gate.

I finished the game and was missing the platinum trophy, so I realized I skipped a trophy. I clicked on trophies and the steins gate list just wasn't there.

So I got my internet fixed today, sinc the trophies and still no trophy list. So I put the game disc and went to trophies, it appeared as 97%. Ok. I went here on psnprofiles to check which trophy I'm missing and for my surprise, just the first trophy that I got another day has timestamp all the others are: missing timestamp.

Now I ask. How?

Because everyday this ps3 goes online auto for cloud saving and trophy sinc

EDIT: I have 2 ps3. One I told the story above and the other I don't turn on since the last update we had for ps3. And I was playing a game yesterday on this ps3. Result: no timestamp missing on this game. Again... How? xD

Edited by tranquilu

3 hours ago, tranquilu said:

EDIT: I have 2 ps3. One I told the story above and the other I don't turn on since the last update we had for ps3. And I was playing a game yesterday on this ps3. Result: no timestamp missing on this game. Again... How? xD

That happened for the same reason as the OP, you didn't sign into PSN before playing your game. If you don't use your console for a long time, the internal clocks will eventually drift out of sync and cause missing timestamps if you don't sign into PSN beforehand and give it time to update them, before playing a game on it. Once you've signed into PSN, your timestamps will work correctly if you decide to play offline for a few days or so afterwards.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2023 at 6:59 PM, HuntingFever said:

That happened for the same reason as the OP, you didn't sign into PSN before playing your game. If you don't use your console for a long time, the internal clocks will eventually drift out of sync and cause missing timestamps if you don't sign into PSN beforehand and give it time to update them, before playing a game on it. Once you've signed into PSN, your timestamps will work correctly if you decide to play offline for a few days or so afterwards.

That's the catch.

On this ps3 I got all the timestamps nicely, even that I logged in my account before the last update was released xD

The first trophy I ever earned was in God of War Ascension. When I earned them the first time, they all had the right timestamps. Then about a year ago, I loaded the game on my PS3 offline and started a new game on it and I ended up popping the first trophy again since I had not synced the trophy list before playing. Then later when I did sync on the ps3, it overwrote my previous timestamp with no timestamp. So, I now have a no timestamp trophy for a game that I had unlocked the trophy for years ago with a proper timestamp. I guess that you can't fix a no timestamp, but you can mess up a correct timestamp? Be careful!

I just rechecked, I guess it was fixed back at some point over the year, go figure.

It still says no timestamp on my ps5, but on psnprofiles, it has the original correct timestamp.

Edited by FredrickNSnoopr
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's nothing more irritating than missing time stamps, I've been having the same problem.

Everytime I turn on my PS3, I have to set the time and date at start up, but I've noticed when Im signed into psn that the time stamps seem to appear, when I get a trophy.

I'm not sure if playing online makes a difference, but it seems to be working for me or maybe it's all in my imagination and just guessing as I'm not a tech person.

Edited by urharrar

• 3 months later...
On 7/7/2023 at 5:28 AM, AoiLegend said:

AoiLegend.png

I have one on my account too - occurring anywhere between 2009 & 2017, before I even knew what trophies were...

I don't think I ever had a dead/dried out battery - it is using the proper timestamp now, almost 15 years later...

Edited by PHIL_DADDY1

• 1 month later...

This happened to me when I turned on the PS3, I had to set the date again. Eleven trophies were uploaded without a time stamp, the question is, if I get these trophies again can they be synchronized with the new date of obtaining and if so could it be marked somehow because the missing trophies are from the first part of the game . I think this happened because I changed my PSN ID.

8 minutes ago, Owl_Legacy said:

This happened to me when I turned on the PS3, I had to set the date again. Eleven trophies were uploaded without a time stamp, the question is, if I get these trophies again can they be synchronized with the new date of obtaining and if so could it be marked somehow because the missing trophies are from the first part of the game . I think this happened because I changed my PSN ID.

Wouldn't work. 🙁

As HuntingFever mentioned above, when syncing trophies the server will always go for the one with the earliest date, and trophies without timestamps always counts as earliest.

• Like 1