Progress Server base or save base?

Hello! I've started this because my Milk and Cookies Trophy still seems to be funky. I could have sworn I hit 30 a long time ago. If it helps I switched from ps4 to ps5 not long ago, but surely it would keep your progress. Any info regarding this situation is much appreciated! (edit) okay so I got the trophy, but the question is still out there for anyone to answer

Edited by Zackeurysm

3 hours ago, Monochrome said:

It's server based, but the PS5 and PS4 versions are counted individually, so the ones you did on the ps4 don't carry over to the ps5.

So if I continue my progress on the PS5 playing the PS4 Version I would have to restart anything I didn't have?

51 minutes ago, Doctor_Gunner said:

i'd like to know that too. if i start playing the ps4 version on ps5 will the trophy progress carry over?

I know, it just felt like after 600+ of playing on the ps4 then switching to ps5. It shouldn't have took 27 trials to get milk and cookies done. 

Edited by Zackeurysm

1 hour ago, Doctor_Gunner said:

i'd like to know that too. if i start playing the ps4 version on ps5 will the trophy progress carry over?

It will not. You have to actually obtain the trophy. Then, if you perform 1 instance of the given action on a different console version, you will get one more trophy. And this is valid only since quite a short while.

20 hours ago, foxische said:

It will not. You have to actually obtain the trophy. Then, if you perform 1 instance of the given action on a different console version, you will get one more trophy. And this is valid only since quite a short while.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but let me give an example. Say I did 125 protection hits and I moved over to ps5 and continued playing the ps4 version of dead by daylight. Will those 125 protection hits carry over or no?

On 23.06.2023 at 5:56 AM, Zackeurysm said:

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but let me give an example. Say I did 125 protection hits and I moved over to ps5 and continued playing the ps4 version of dead by daylight. Will those 125 protection hits carry over or no?

You need to get all the protection hits in 1 version to count (250) and get the trophy. Once you have the trophy, only 1 protection hit will net you a trophy on a different version. As long as you don’t have the trophy yet, the hits will not be cumulative between versions but are accounted separately 

Edited by foxische
Typo
  • Like 1

I don't think their question is if the progress is shared between versions but between consoles. As I understand they got a PS5, but are still playing the PS4 version of the game and feel like the progress has not been brought over correctly. 

I'm not 100% sure about it, because I switched to the PS5 version pretty fast and didn't play enough games in the PS4 version on the PS5 to get a trophy, but since your trophy progress is saved server sided it should carry over if you simply switch consoles. So in your example, once you play the PS4 version on your PS5 you should only need the remaining 125 protection hits to get the trophy, but since there is no ingame counter for these things it's really hard to verify. Maybe you could test it out with some trophy hat has fewer requirements, like the "Complete the Evolution" or "A Fast Death" trophy. 

3 hours ago, Lojtana said:

I don't think their question is if the progress is shared between versions but between consoles. As I understand they got a PS5, but are still playing the PS4 version of the game and feel like the progress has not been brought over correctly. 

I'm not 100% sure about it, because I switched to the PS5 version pretty fast and didn't play enough games in the PS4 version on the PS5 to get a trophy, but since your trophy progress is saved server sided it should carry over if you simply switch consoles. So in your example, once you play the PS4 version on your PS5 you should only need the remaining 125 protection hits to get the trophy, but since there is no ingame counter for these things it's really hard to verify. Maybe you could test it out with some trophy hat has fewer requirements, like the "Complete the Evolution" or "A Fast Death" trophy. 

Yeah this is exactly the answer I was looking for lol

So again, I'm not 100% sure right now either. I know for a fact I got like 3-4 pallet stuns that rescued a survivor so we will see if it only takes the one and two. Will report back when I get it. 

• Like 1

There are some threads about this over on the PS5 version of the game. People have done some testing, and I think there's a collective conclusion that:

If you have completed the requirements of a trophy, e.g. 250 protection hits on PS4, and then switch to PS5, you will have to complete all 250 protection hits also on PS5 to earn the trophy on that platform.

As of a recent patch in March, if you complete the trophy requirements on PS5, you only have to complete the action once on PS4 for the trophy to unlock. Essentially, there's a sort of backwards compatibility there. 

I'm pretty sure that there is no saved progress between versions, you cannot complete a trophy requirement half on PS4 and half on PS5

30 minutes ago, Summers_day122 said:

There are some threads about this over on the PS5 version of the game. People have done some testing, and I think there's a collective conclusion that:

If you have completed the requirements of a trophy, e.g. 250 protection hits on PS4, and then switch to PS5, you will have to complete all 250 protection hits also on PS5 to earn the trophy on that platform.

As of a recent patch in March, if you complete the trophy requirements on PS5, you only have to complete the action once on PS4 for the trophy to unlock. Essentially, there's a sort of backwards compatibility there. 

I'm pretty sure that there is no saved progress between versions, you cannot complete a trophy requirement half on PS4 and half on PS5

I believe they're talking about progress saving between the PlayStation 4 version of the game on a PlayStation 4 console and the PlayStation 4 version of the game on a PlayStation 5 console.

So the same game but different console vs different games but the same console.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't lose your progression as long as you keep playing the same version of the game. Let's say you got 300 sacrifices on ps4 before moving onto ps5. If you download ps4 version of dbd on ps5, you only need 200 more sacrifices for 'get 500 sacrifices" trophy. But if you download ps5 version, all progress for trophies start over as far as I know. That's why I've never touched the ps5 version. And for the question above me: There is no cross progression between PC and ps4/ps5.

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2023 at 11:49 AM, Phant0mLancer52 said:

You don't lose your progression as long as you keep playing the same version of the game. Let's say you got 300 sacrifices on ps4 before moving onto ps5. If you download ps4 version of dbd on ps5, you only need 200 more sacrifices for 'get 500 sacrifices" trophy. But if you download ps5 version, all progress for trophies start over as far as I know. That's why I've never touched the ps5 version. And for the question above me: There is no cross progression between PC and ps4/ps5.

is this for certain? cause i'm thinking of doing exactly that. i only have the 500 sacrifices for platinum and i'm thinking of switching to ps5. the problem is there is no counter for the ps4 version so i won't know for certain if will start from scratch of not

On 6/29/2023 at 1:53 AM, Zackeurysm said:

It's honestly pretty hard to tell, I just did the pallet saves and it took me maybe 6 saves (assuming the new party pallets don't count) then it would have taken 2. So I'm assuming it does track the way I wanted 

so if that's true then it most likely the counter starts from scratch if you switch to ps5... damn