FFX Audio Drama *SPOILERS*

Dani061094

For those who have listened to the audio, what are your thoughts/opinions? I for one can't get my head around what happens. What with Tidus & Yuna breaking up and Sin returning?! It just undermines everything that happens in the games and screws up the satisfying conclusion of X-2. The only explanation i can think of is to set up an X-3, but recent interviews suggest not. I am just simply baffled at this.

Edited by Dani061094

I say it's blatant sequel bait and they're lying through their teeth if they expect us to believe they have absolutely zero plan in place for any kind of sequel. Same with when they released Eternal Calm. They were both clearly meant to set something up even if they claimed they weren't planning sequels, even if they're just to gauge fan reaction to see if a sequel would be worth it I call bullshit that they don't have anything planned at all. Will just like Eternal Calm brings up a lot of new story elements that only bring new questions and plot threads to be solved.

I was reading up on the Final Fantasy wiki a few months ago that there was some kind of Japan exclusive short story set after X-2 and Final Mission that was released around the end of last year that had more on this stuff about the farplane being unstable and the dead returning aswell as Sin. Tidus even apparently dies in it and Yuna manages to recall his spirit back to life but he's not the same in some way (People speculate it's the source of his injury in Will). So yeah, I think they're trying to pull a fast one when they say they don't plan for an X-3. Whether it actually happens or not will probably come down to the fans reaction but you can see the plot is already falling into place.

There's gonna be a X-3 (or whatever)

otherwise i don't see any reason to even put time to make something like this.

Can't say I liked the audio, it doesn't make much sense.

if only they would make a FFX where you can play the pilgrimage of Braska, Jecht and Auron

What I like best about the FF series is that each new iteration brought a whole set of new characters and a fresh story, with the emphasis on brought. X-2 was a grand failure and so were the XIII sequels.

No it wasn't.  Fantastic game for sure.  People just thought it was "too girly" or something. 

• Like 2

The audio drama is stupid. It's like a fanfic, I couldn't believe someone at SquareEnix actually thought it up.

They better not do a FFX-3, just leave the game alone. They already messed Yuna's character up with X-2, so I'd hate to see what a modern day SquareEnix would do. I'd rather they make 100 new shitty FFXIII games than touch FFX again.

What I like best about the FF series is that each new iteration brought a whole set of new characters and a fresh story, with the emphasis on brought. X-2 was a grand failure and so were the XIII sequels.

Highly disagree. While it is nice to play with new characters in each new Final Fantasy i like it when the characters are brought more to life. Why do you play sequels? You have quite a few sequels played. For one that doesn't like returning characters....

The audio drama is stupid. It's like a fanfic, I couldn't believe someone at SquareEnix actually thought it up.

They better not do a FFX-3, just leave the game alone. They already messed Yuna's character up with X-2, so I'd hate to see what a modern day SquareEnix would do. I'd rather they make 100 new shitty FFXIII games than touch FFX again.

Actually SE is rethinking their strategy. Here lately they were trying to appeal to more gamers, westerner's,  instead of staying true to their fans. If they went back to their loyal fans instead of trying to appeal to the western masses a FF X-3 would be awesome. After their mistakes with 13, which i loved the 13 series they did deviate, tomb raider, & hitman and the amount of money they lost.. heh

Highly disagree. While it is nice to play with new characters in each new Final Fantasy i like it when the characters are brought more to life. Why do you play sequels? You have quite a few sequels played. For one that doesn't like returning characters....

Actually SE is rethinking their strategy. Here lately they were trying to appeal to more gamers, westerner's,  instead of staying true to their fans. If they went back to their loyal fans instead of trying to appeal to the western masses a FF X-3 would be awesome. After their mistakes with 13, which i loved the 13 series they did deviate, tomb raider, & hitman and the amount of money they lost.. heh

Disagree all you want that is entirely up to you. I don't like 'returning characters' in FFX-2 and FFXIII-2 and LR because the games were downright shit, I never said I don't like sequels I just don't like mediocre games trying to ride on the FF money train. I love sequels, in fact I have +30 Final Fantasy games does that answer your question?

There's gonna be a X-3 (or whatever)

otherwise i don't see any reason to even put time to make something like this.

Can't say I liked the audio, it doesn't make much sense.

if only they would make a FFX where you can play the pilgrimage of Braska, Jecht and Auron

You've won the contest wizard?  :) http://kotaku.com/no-final-fantasy-x-3-on-the-way-in-an-interview-with-s-1521996804

Disagree all you want that is entirely up to you. I don't like 'returning characters' in FFX-2 and FFXIII-2 and LR because the games were downright shit, I never said I don't like sequels I just don't like mediocre games trying to ride on the FF money train. I love sequels, in fact I have +30 Final Fantasy games does that answer your question?

I agree with you! these people remain locked in the past pleading for a remake of ff7 and sequels ...  time to open the eyes and move on! and the next game is  FFXV (and FFXIV ps4 version)  this is the way to go! ;)

You've won the contest wizard?   :) http://kotaku.com/no-final-fantasy-x-3-on-the-way-in-an-interview-with-s-1521996804

I agree with you! these people remain locked in the past pleading for a remake of ff7 and sequels ...  time to open the eyes and move on! and the next game is  FFXV (and FFXIV ps4 version)  this is the way to go! ;)

Omg, wow someone really had to bring up FF7 Remake. You....oh boy... Where's the ignore option? I need to find that thing. of all the arguement's in the world to possibly bring up... had to be ...7 remake... 

Who said we were all locked in the past? Isn't playing ffx hd remake technically in all standards...living in the past?  and playing ff 14 on the ps4 is not some futureish thing, you can play it on ps3 and still have fun. 

As for sequels. There is nothing wrong with sequels. I'd play FF15, FF14, and if it came out FF X-3 all at the same time. Look how many superb games there are in Japan that are sequels. 

I have all the FF's on every system also. We have difference of opinion. SE did go a little south while trying to appeal to western masses i do agree. They also got on board the DLC train too. Both of which they have come under fire from their loyal fans. Infact one of their recent games japanese said screw ya we ain't buying. Sadly though if they do rethink their strategy we may be waiting longer for KH3 and FF15. It would prolly be worth it though. 

I just don't see how one could put down a franchise of sequels while playing other sequels, or watching movies that have sequels with returning characters. Don't see the logic. 

Edited by TalynnStrike

Omg, wow someone really had to bring up FF7 Remake. You....oh boy... Where's the ignore option? I need to find that thing. of all the arguement's in the world to possibly bring up... had to be ...7 remake... 

Who said we were all locked in the past? Isn't playing ffx hd remake technically in all standards...living in the past?  and playing ff 14 on the ps4 is not some futureish thing, you can play it on ps3 and still have fun. 

As for sequels. There is nothing wrong with sequels. I'd play FF15, FF14, and if it came out FF X-3 all at the same time. Look how many superb games there are in Japan that are sequels. 

I have all the FF's on every system also. We have difference of opinion. SE did go a little south while trying to appeal to western masses i do agree. They also got on board the DLC train too. Both of which they have come under fire from their loyal fans. Infact one of their recent games japanese said screw ya we ain't buying. Sadly though if they do rethink their strategy we may be waiting longer for KH3 and FF15. It would prolly be worth it though. 

I just don't see how one could put down a franchise of sequels while playing other sequels, or watching movies that have sequels with returning characters. Don't see the logic. 

You could go to political, since they have a very great speech .. 
You can wait forever for a ffx-3! probably 200 years from now ... 
Until then ignores (may be to help pass the "time") :D 
  • Like 1

Well, I am not the perfect person to judge this game, since it is and will always be my favorite game of all time, Final fantasy X music remain perfect. Sure one or two sounded different,but they were still beautiful. To zanarkand, hymn of the faith, cloister of trials, calm lands, gagazet, seriously it's a masterpiece

Although they really changed the perfect Yuna from X in X-2, the game still delivers what it was meant to be, a happy conclusion in Yuna story

As far as sequels goes, I would love a Braska's journey with Auron and Jecht. The Yuna story is beautifully wrapped up in X-2.

Edited by Marcelo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I personally loved both X and X-2 to death. So, when I listened to the audio drama, I was disappointed. I was confused and didn't like the story. (How does Auron's daughter even work? Isn't he from Past Zanarkand?) I'm going to play FFX-3 if it is released, but I'd rather keep the story ark as it is.