A pleasant surprise!

tonkie18

After hearing so many negative things about this game I just wanted to show it some love! I’m thoroughly enjoying it and I think I’ll be a little lost when I’m finished with it. 

There is so much to do and so much to collect. It’s highly addictive. I haven’t spent any money and don’t intend to. I still have a pretty lengthy journey ahead, I still need 180 mastery but I think I’ll struggle to put it down when the platinum is complete.

it’s really relaxing and highly rewarding. Don’t let the length put you off, it has been an enjoyable journey so far.

Does anybody know if there any other similar games I can look out for?

22 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

After hearing so many negative things about this game I just wanted to show it some love! I’m thoroughly enjoying it and I think I’ll be a little lost when I’m finished with it. 

So I've never heard or read anything negative about this game. I spent 700 hours on it and got the Platinum for a reason. A very fun and motivating game. By the way, I have the nicest house in Trove. I've only heard good things about Trove so far.

44 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

So I've never heard or read anything negative about this game. I spent 700 hours on it and got the Platinum for a reason. A very fun and motivating game. By the way, I have the nicest house in Trove. I've only heard good things about Trove so far.

I read a few things on here but mainly reddit and Google.. the length of time it takes, the money it costs, it’s boring etc. I had started it years ago but all the negative stuff I had read put me off completely. Glad I gave it a go properly this year. 

43 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I don't know how similar it is but Portal Knights looks similar with that Minecraft look

I like the collection aspect more than anything I think. There is so much to unlock and so many chests to open ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

If you have a PS3 then maybe 3D Dot Game Heroes. Not played Trove but a quick search reminds me of that

I do have one, I’ll take a look at it ☺️

13 minutes ago, Helyx said:

As if they have an actual article! Thanks I’ll read up on some of these ☺️

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

The friends I’m playing with have years worth of hours on there ? 12 thousand and something or other. I’m hoping I’m not sucked in that far…

The current version of the game isn't bad. Previous iterations required a crapton of time to make any kind of significant progress and a few cash injections. The current support team favors microtransactions as boosts or additions, not replacements for quality of life changes.

PvP still sucks, though, and they refuse to make it not suck. Console version gets the short end of the stick update wise.

Yeah I’ve not played the pvp but I can imagine how painful it will be with all the crashes and glitchiness. Yesterday the game gave my console a hard crash and it wouldn’t turn back on again for ages. I think that’s the only complaint I have with the game.. never had anything that crashes this much.. oh and the amount of kids ? oh and that guy who monopolises the chat and uses all the kids to do his bidding is a bit creepy too ? 

I’ve played for 300 hours apparently but it doesn’t feel that much at all. Originally I was planning to inject some cash into it to speed up the process but I’m enjoying the journey so don’t think I’ll be bothering. 

• 5 weeks later...