Monster mash event

Mav_Ryk_1

I got platinum with more than 120 hours and played in this event only 2 times.

The Monster Mash event is located in Cranberry Bog, (the southeastern 'red' portion of the map) in the Watoga High School Building on the southeastern side of Watoga City.

Edited by ELDERSTE1N

This event is a rarity, plus it's very buggy and unpopular so expect to do the entire thing solo but with no opposition. Also, it only spawns in the Watoga Highschool in the Cranberry Bog region. To pop the trophy and prevent glitches, you have to do the event whilst not wearing any Power Armour so make sure you have a strong build and plenty of Stims on you before attempting this.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12.7.2023 at 5:52 AM, Mav_Ryk_1 said:

Is this event no longer available?. Been playing about 4 months and it's never once appeared, tried serving hopping for days on end and nothing. It's either broken or my game has glitches somehow.

I did not get it too. It doesn't trigger when even appearing or going inside the school. On multiple forums it was said that it's patched.

I would recommend to finish the mission around Watoga and to try it again. 

What I found out on myself was the poster with "Monster Event each Monday" inside the school. Try to match your date on Pip boy in the current server and google whether the date is Monday or not.

It should trigger somehow on Monday.

That would be my solution how to get it.

Edited by Vikiller94

• 2 months later...

The event triggered for me today (Monday) but I think the event is somehow glitched. I completed the three rounds and collected around 150 candy. After the event the quest didn't end and I didn't get any rewards nor the trophy. After a while the quest-markers disappeared and the event was erased from my quest-list. The event isn't listed in my quest-log for completed events neither. 

Anyone knows how to solve this? Seems glitched to me. Could it be that you need other players to finish the event? I did it solo because nobody was interested in joining the event. 

On 10/23/2023 at 1:04 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

The event triggered for me today (Monday) but I think the event is somehow glitched. I completed the three rounds and collected around 150 candy. After the event the quest didn't end and I didn't get any rewards nor the trophy. After a while the quest-markers disappeared and the event was erased from my quest-list. The event isn't listed in my quest-log for completed events neither. 

Anyone knows how to solve this? Seems glitched to me. Could it be that you need other players to finish the event? I did it solo because nobody was interested in joining the event. 

You have to do the whole thing without wearing any power armour, because the hat glitches for some reason if you wear it inside your Power Armour, which then causes the game to bug out and not recognise you have it on so won't pop the trophy. I had to redo this event 5 times before figuring out what was going wrong but fortunately for me, no-one else joined so I was able to run the entire thing without any interruptions.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry , just revisiting this.

I’ve done a few daily missions and something regarding the mayors office and went into the high school where it says on a terminal about the monster mash each Monday.

Reading this thread I couldn’t gather if it’s something on a Monday (real life Monday US / UK or local ??) or if it triggers anytime as long as some mission/s is done before hand.

Could I ask if anyone’s done this recently or anytime that they recall on how this triggers ?

25 minutes ago, JWill_55 said:

I’ve done a few daily missions and something regarding the mayors office and went into the high school where it says on a terminal about the monster mash each Monday.

Reading this thread I couldn’t gather if it’s something on a Monday (real life Monday US / UK or local ??) or if it triggers anytime as long as some mission/s is done before hand.

Could I ask if anyone’s done this recently or anytime that they recall on how this triggers ?

In my experience, it's a buggy, random and rare event that spawns as and when it can be bothered to - the time and date don't matter. In the 600+ Hours I've put into this game, I can count on 2 hands the number of times I've seen this event spawn but it's always completely dead with no other players present (which makes it a lot easier since I don't have to worry about other people getting in the way).

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

In my experience, it's a buggy, random and rare event that spawns as and when it can be bothered to - the time and date don't matter. In the 600+ Hours I've put into this game, I can count on 2 hands the number of times I've seen this event spawn but it's always completely dead with no other players present (which makes it a lot easier since I don't have to worry about other people getting in the way).

so going into the school like the guide suggests has nothing to do with it ? 

I know sometimes other areas spawn events when you enter the area and I assume it was to work in a similar way , but reading to head into the school was the way it kind of threw me. Sounds fun.

4 minutes ago, JWill_55 said:

so going into the school like the guide suggests has nothing to do with it ? 

I know sometimes other areas spawn events when you enter the area and I assume it was to work in a similar way , but reading to head into the school was the way it kind of threw me. Sounds fun.

I've been in that school multiple times and the event has never triggered for me by just entering the building. When I got the trophy, the event was already live on the world map so either someone, somehow triggered it or it was completely random and just happened to spawn when I wasn't looking for it. Also, the event is incredibly boring, it's just you and a load of brain dead Ghouls for a few minutes.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

53 minutes ago, JWill_55 said:

I’d say Monday in the US. I got the trophy on a Tuesday morning Australian time which would be Monday afternoon in America.