[Guide] EXOPRIMAL - Ancient Problems, Modern Solutions

wolker4

It appears that you need to land a killing blow on every dinosaur variant to get the "Ancient Problems, Modern Solutions" trophy/achievement in Exoprimal. Below, I have created a list of all the dinosaurs that can be found in the game. If I'm missing any dinosaurs on the list, then let me know in the comments, and I will add it to the list. The Pyro Neosaur was the final one I needed, so I recorded a quick video showing when I got the trophy and where the Pyro Neosaur can be found.

Ancient Problems, Modern Solutions

Defeated a large number of dinosaurs summoned by Leviathan.

Dinosaurs:
Ankylosaurus
Baryonyx
Carnotaurus
Deinonychus
Dilophosaurus
Pachychephalosaurus
Raptor
Pteranodon
Sinornithosaurus
Stegosaurus
Suchomimus
Triceratops
T. Rex

Neosaur:
Umbral Neosaur
Gas Neosaur
Sniper Neosaur
Evoker Neosaur
Pteranodon (Purple)
Pyro Neosaur (e.g. Final Boss Battle)
Neo Ankylosaurus
Neo T. Rex (First Boss Battle)
Stealth Neosaur
Cyro Neosaur

Golden Neosaur (PvE Mode, If your team is a lot slower than the enemy team, the golden Neosaur will spawn. If you kill it, the enemy team's dinosaurs will gain temporary strength, making the match more challenging for them for a limited time)

Edited by wolker4
  • Like 1

One person in the comment section of my video told me that killing the Pyro Neosaur didn't trigger the trophy. Can anyone confirm this? If so, it could be possible that you need to land the killing blow on every dino variant.

39 minutes ago, chellesan said:

Can you still play the final mission if you played the game out? Because of the pyro neosaur spamming there

Yeah, but it's random and very rare at the moment since there aren't many people in the final boss battle yet. I only joined one final boss battle within 100 matches...

I’ve killed every type of dinosaur at least 3 times now and still no trophy, so irritating.

Watched another video and I’m missing 1 type it seems apparently, almost 50 hours of playtime and I’ve never once had the event to spawn it in ? This is insane.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chellesan said:

Can you still play the final mission if you played the game out? Because of the pyro neosaur spamming there

You can. It's just uncommon just like the stages where it spawns naturally are not common because the low average level.

I finally got the trophy after 51 hours ? my last one was the Umbral Neosaur it seems to spawn on the ruins mission but it’s an extremely rare spawn. It also doesn’t show the picture of it as an kill objective all the time either I got it during an defence objective and had to actually look for it so keep this in mind. I don’t think a Cryo Neosaur is even in the game yet so this isn’t needed.

Good luck to everyone because you’ll need it.

Edited by SzzMN

45 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I finally got the trophy after 51 hours ? my last one was the Umbral Neosaur it seems to spawn on the ruins mission but it’s an extremely rare spawn. It also doesn’t show the picture of it as an kill objective all the time either I got it during an defence objective and had to actually look for it so keep this in mind. I don’t think a Cryo Neosaur is even in the game yet so this isn’t needed.

Good luck to everyone because you’ll need it.

I have yet to see an Umbral so I guess that will be my final one as well.

50 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone know how to spawn a Gold one is it best in PVP, Random or PVE?

I got mine in PvE mode... If your team is a lot slower than the enemy team, the golden Neosaur will spawn. If you kill it, the enemy team's dinosaurs will gain temporary strength, making the match more challenging for them for a limited time. 

Also, I added a list with all dino variants that I know so far. If you find more then let me know, and I will add them to the list.

Edited by wolker4

1 hour ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone know how to spawn a Gold one is it best in PVP, Random or PVE?

The only time the opponent used it on us was like when they were 3 objectives behind us (even 2 is not enough, I believe).

So in order for the Golden one to join for your own team, your best hope is to be teamed up with a bunch of scrubs and/or suck hard which gets more difficult over time when only veterans are playing in a few weeks time. God, I hate these rng-based trophies.

I'm assuming my last is the umbral  as well. So spawn is ruins? Any particular mode? I've played 200ish games and have yet to see it. I thought it was the Pyro but I know I've killed him twice now. Have never seen an umbral  or a cryo