Servers Are Back Online (8/9/23 Servers Are Down)

Mr_Tenno777

1 hour ago, coenak said:

It seems so strange that they would do this. Why would Ubisoft do a whole press release and plan a retirement date for online services, take them offline, only to bring it back over 9 months later?

Has anyone been able to find any information as to why and for how long they will be up? I can only assume it's for a very limited time that they are back, but just curious as it seems so uncharacteristic of any company to do this.

Don't get me wrong, I love that they are back and I am going to finally be able to platinum (I missed it first time around), but just confused as there doesn't seem to be any official information that I could find.

Strange indeed. When they announced the closure, only AC III and Revelations servers were closed while Brotherhood server was up the whole time. And now with AC III and Revelations servers are back, I wonder if it's was because of an effort in closing the Brotherhood server for good? 

Edited by manh_and_cheese
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Cant connect

Keep trying. it may give an error message sometimes, but with a little persistence I managed to get all the online trophies for both AC:R and AC III.

9 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Keep trying. it may give an error message sometimes, but with a little persistence I managed to get all the online trophies for both AC:R and AC III.

Did you do it after servers came back m8??

EDIT, I get message Limited mode is now active. Yoy are not connected to Ubi servers

Edited by DividedByMankind

13 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Did you do it after servers came back m8?1f44d.png

EDIT, I get message Limited mode is now active. Yoy are not connected to Ubi servers

Yes!

I also get the same message, no problem with that! The game keep asking for UPLAY passport, etc. Just keep trying

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

I got the same message. I'm in Canada, just trying to play SP for Heads in the Cloud and I can't connect online. I'm hoping this is just temporary cause I need the server for Heads in the Cloud only

Edited by manh_and_cheese

Can somebody explain how this is supposed to work. This is my first time attempting to play assassins creed III for PS3. I am unable to “go online.” I am only able to play in limited mode which gives me access to Wolfpack - offline only. I do not have the season pass which I can purchase from the ps3 store. Is that the reason that I am unable to play online and only have access to limited mode only? If I am unable to go online, I will not be able to get the winning team trophy, as far as I can tell, there in lies the problem. Any help that anyone can give from their current experiences with the online servers being back up will be much appreciated. I just don’t want to start the game if I am unable to get the platinum. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, jpt523 said:

Can somebody explain how this is supposed to work. This is my first time attempting to play assassins creed III for PS3. I am unable to “go online.” I am only able to play in limited mode which gives me access to Wolfpack - offline only. I do not have the season pass which I can purchase from the ps3 store. Is that the reason that I am unable to play online and only have access to limited mode only? If I am unable to go online, I will not be able to get the winning team trophy, as far as I can tell, there in lies the problem. Any help that anyone can give from their current experiences with the online servers being back up will be much appreciated. I just don’t want to start the game if I am unable to get the platinum. Thanks. 

The servers were brought back to life around 2 weeks ago. But since yesterday they’re somehow inaccessible again. I’m afraid there is no more hope that they’ll come back online again :/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jpt523 said:

I think you might have came to the wrong time. The server was announced closed on October 1st, 2022, along with Brotherhood and Revelations server. Brotherhood server, however, was up the whole time after October 1st and was just closed recently. While Brotherhood server was closed, Revelations and ACIII servers were back from July 19th. Nonetheless, I believe Ubisoft have realized they revived Revelations and ACIII servers by accident so they must've closed it down once again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shipper321 said:

Can confirm it's back up. No need for that PSNP+ report now. @HuntingFever

4 hours ago, Hollow_Heart- said:

It’s actually working right now.. I logged in to the server as we speak! 

Thanks guys! I was feeling weird yesterday cause the other servers that were revived along with this one (Revelations, SC: Blacklist, Driver: SF) had no sign of being closed down. I guess Ubisoft haven't found out about the servers yet. Better finish the game fast so I can do Heads in the Cloud.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...