Disappearing trophies

Simpo

Ok Ive just had something really strange happen to me

I am currently playing Saints Row The Third but over the weekend I decided to upgrade my 40gb fat with a 120gb hard drive, I signed up to PS Plus so I could back up all my copy protected games (including Saints Row) to transfer over to the new hard drive.

Everything when smoothly and I resynced all my trophy including the current 52% I had on Saints Row but I just popped the game in to play and it installed the game data then when the game started the Gender Equality trophy popped up which I thought was strange as I had already earned it.

But I have just check my trophies and it is now showing 1 percent meaning 27 of my trophies for Saints Row have disappeared!!!!! Even though I have finished all main story missions!!!

Anyone got any insight into this as Im now worried this may happen with my other games?!

I've had this recently, I got a new PS3 after my last one died, picked up where I left off and after completing the first mission, a trophy popped up that I already had, and all my other trophies for that game were gone. But they came back after a few days, the DLC trophies took longer. I don't know why it does it but your trophies are safe.

As the othe guys said; You Saints Row trophies were probably only stored localy on your old harddrive. Pop the old one back in and do a sync and it should probably be resolved :-)

Oh and also, don't worry about it happening to your other games. Unless you change your hdd again you should be fine :-)

• 3 weeks later...