[EVENT ENDED] Trophies and Relief Doctors involving Struggle

9 minutes ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Are you still accepting players if there are already 2 people signed up for a category?  I was looking at Doctors 6 and 11.

Of course, this event is a competition (with a hit of teamwork)  there can be any number of people in each category.

I see that you changed your comment but I feel like if you asked the question, I may as well answer it in case other don't realise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Of course, this event is a competition (with a hit of teamwork)  there can be any number of people in each category.

I see that you changed your comment but I feel like if you asked the question, I may as well answer it in case other don't realise.

Thanks for the quick response!  Think I'll stay with Doctors 7 and 11 for my game entries.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

I'll go through your questions one by one, You can play 5 games per category, each worth one point, but you only need to complete one game to get that section to be considered as a contributor. Two contributors in a category and then I''ll ad five quid to the prize pot.

So for the 8th Doctor you can play 5 games, but this is true of all the Doctor's (It's just substantially easier for the 8th. And hence why the points per player is halved, The maximum you could contribute is 2.5 points for that one category, and 5 points for any other category.

8th Doctor is Marked "Priority", which means that if a game can fit in that category, it can only go in that category, (just so you can't cheese that other ones.) This is only the case with the 8th Doctor

After a bunch of Googling, It seems that only Chrono Trigger had time travel. So unfortunatly no.

Yeah, Puzzle Platformers are fine for it. 

Ok, I was under the wrong impression then.

Then I will get the 5 easy for 8th Doctor and think about what I will do about the other one, since while I named Vessel, that something that I don't feel like playing..

Well, I also have 1 Steins;Gate (Elite) on my backlog, so, I may as well use that one, since I know that there's time travel in Steins;Gate 😆, just don't know how long it will take me, since I don't read skip..

Still, I will wait a few more days until I commit to any one category..

• Like 2

Got my first two entries for The Fourteenth Doctor - Complete a game that you already have completed on a different stack of

The Artful Escape PS4 https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15217-the-artful-escape/DonLin091

I got the PS5 stack on 08/08/23 https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15162-the-artful-escape/DonLin091

And

Assassin's Creed Rogue PS4 https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7390-assassins-creed-rogue/DonLin091

Got the PS3 stack on 27/04/2015 https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3101-assassins-creed-rogue/DonLin091

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MattbluePT said:

Fun at first but motion sickness ends up ruining the game a bit after a while

Your dedication to power on through for chairty has been noted 🫡, Won't earn you extra points, but you will get my respect for picking literally the only category that will hurt you.

• Haha 2

1 point for the 2nd Doctor can be added. Finally obtained the platinum for DJ Max Respect. Assuming I read the rules correctly and dlc's are not required. I have been playing this game pretty much non-stop since I purchased it about a month back. Still unsure what my 2nd category for votes will be. The 1st Doctor could use some love but I am having a hard time finding a fitting game. If all else fails I have a puzzle game I can finish off for the 15th doctor.

• Like 3

I have another two to report :)

First is my opening entry for Fourth Doctor, Resident Evil: Revelations 2. I had a great time revisiting this game, it's the only RE game that is an ultra rare platinum without having some form of online component, and I think it earns its UR status. You have to replay each episode 3-4 times at a minimum, completing a time trial, invisible enemies mode, as well as finishing all 10 of the mini-challenges (called badges) associated with the level. The badges were actually the most annoying part as there is no mid-level progression checker. If it wanted you to do 6 stealth kills but you miscounted and only had 5, you have to replay the level. I didn't have much of this happen but it was definitely a bit tense for some of the challenges where you have little margin for error. Overall, this is one of the better RE games released between 4 and 7, and I wish more people would give it a try!

Second, I finished yet another sport game for the Fifth Doctor with Winter Stars. This is basically a sequel to my first entry, and like any good sequel I think it is generally a better game. The animations and models look better, and the tracks are more interesting for most of the sports. It adds two new events to the mix: Paraskiing and Curling. Paraskiing was alright, the highlight was the exceptionally silly trick animations you can do to power up your character. Curling was an event I was excited to try but it ended up being a bit frustrating and also the hardest part of the platinum. Several challenges require you to get nearly perfect placement on your stones and these took me an hour or two to get through.

I think I have my future games planned out to finish my contributions now:

4th Doctor: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, Anno 1800, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, and Silent Hill: Downpour.

5th Doctor: Madden 22 (Hoped to have this done today but that's another story lol...), Rugby World Cup 2011, and either Big Buck Arcade or UFC Undisputed 2009.

• Like 3

I need to clock in my first completion with Sephonie for 9 (nonviolent)!

La62bcf.png

It's a very unique parkour-focused 3D platformer (supposedly Tony Hawk-inspired, though I'm not familiar enough to confirm) in which you play as a trio of biologists tasked with cataloging the unique wildlife found on the fictional and unexplored Pacific island of Sephonie. Like the developer's last game, Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, the language this game uses to tell its story is extremely poetic and evocative, but unfortunately the story itself is sabotaged in a major way by some baffling censorship: the trio of protagonists are all of different nationalities, but share Taiwanese heritage, and exploring the different ways in which they engage with that heritage is one of the game's most important themes. Inexplicably, in the PS5 (and I assume every console) port, every mention of Taiwan is replaced with "Atlantis." Taiwanese is now "Atlantean," Taipei is "Timaeus," and so on, going so comically far as to replace China with "Greece." There are a lot of games in which those kinds of changes might be superficial and unimportant, but Sephonie is absolutely not one of them. It kneecaps the game so significantly that even as good as it is, I don't think I could ever recommend playing it on console.

I do also want to note that the game's store page lists an E10+/PEGI 7 rating for "Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood." Neither of those things are in the game, and I couldn't find any further clarification from the ESRB or PEGI, so my best guess is that Ratalaika literally made something up and hoped no one would notice. The nonviolent tag definitely does apply!

• Like 3

I don't have much to update, but I have another time travel question..

Does the Time Travel in Fairy Tail counts as time travel (technically there's people coming from the past to the present and from the future to the present, during the Arc that the game takes place..).

If so, book me for the 1st Doctor.

I will be working on Fairy Tail for my 18k trophy, so, there will not be much else going before that..

• Like 2